Who do you think should be cast in the new Robotech film?

• Thank you received: 3

Who do you think should be cast in the new Robotech film? was created by Xander

Every time I here more and more news about Robotech, I get more and more excited. I've often wondered who would play our beloved characters. When I think I have a character matched just right to an actor, it doesn't feel right. What do you think? Who do you think should be cast in the film?
Fight on and fly on to the last drop of blood and the last drop of fuel, to the last beat of the heart.

— Baron Manfred von Richthofen
The following user(s) said Thank You: neuronphaser
8 years 4 months ago #21598

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 573

Replied by Alpha Bravo on topic Who do you think should be cast in the new Robotech film?

Leonardo DiCaprio is supposedly a possibility, and I think he would do swell as either Roy or Khyron. I really don't put much thought into this topic because I expect to be disappointed regardless of who does what. Also because every time someone mentions a celebrity, I have to google search to find out who they are. I don't keep up with pop culture.

On the old RTDC site I think I had Robert De Niro as Breetai, and Joe Pesci as Exedore. Al Pachino as Khyron, Morgan Freeman as Gloval. The movie would be called Zentfellas. You probably don't want to hear the rest, and I can't remember anyway.
"Offers that are selected that the deposit paid the amount that we do not decide, or the pool, sipping mulled wine, and in addition you can play table tennis, there is one drawback, I do not have rights." - random spambot (translated)
The following user(s) said Thank You: neuronphaser
8 years 4 months ago #21600

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by neuronphaser on topic Who do you think should be cast in the new Robotech film?

Considering the climate of casting right now, I think we might be pleasantly surprised and get a really varied cast, with a good number of new-comers from all different looks/nationality, and just a handful (or less) big names to reel people in.

Leo would be great as a Roy Fokker if he's still interested, since he can conceivably be in-and-out in one movie of the franchise but with a helluva memorable part. And really, his "aging" roles of late have yet to include "the big brother" type character, so it's a good fit.

I'd place money on the part of Khyron going to some British actor who's on the verge of breaking out, but hasn't yet. Seems to be the thing for villainous characters.

Ultimately, I'd almost hope that they find relative unknowns for Rick, Lisa and Minmei, maybe even Max and Miriya, as they are doing with the younger primaries in Star Wars TFA. Maybe one of them can be a name -- JLAw as Lisa...?! Good luck making her look like a plain Jane... -- but if you go with big names that are the right age-group, you're either going to end up with people cast for their looks first, which sucks, or big names playing much younger ages than they actually are, which causes problems when you're dealing with multi-part storyline.

All of this assumes they are doing Macross as a trilogy, at the very least. If they find a way to do a one-and-done movie...uh, it won't really feel right anyway, so I'm not sure I'd care who's in it ;-)
-- neuronphaser
robotech.wikia.com
8 years 4 months ago #21601

• Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Who do you think should be cast in the new Robotech film?

CONSIDERING THE DIRECTOR BEING JAMES WAN, I THINK A NEW YOUNG CAST LIKE FAST AND FURIOUS. THOUGHT THAT FORMULA WAS ALREADY DONE BY ITS PRIOR MOVIES.

HE CAN OR THE PRODUCTION TEAM PICK AN A-LIST ACTOR. SAVE THAT ROLE FOR EITHER GLOVAL OR LISA.
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
8 years 4 months ago #21602

• red beard
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by red beard on topic Who do you think should be cast in the new Robotech film?

It would be awesome if they actually do finish the Live action movie of robotech, as well as voltron if they ever get around to that as well.

I personally don't think Leo would be any good in this movie as he hasn't been a big name for action movies.

I thought alexander skarsgard or bradley cooper would make a good Roy Fokker
alexander www.imdb.com/name/nm0002907/?ref_=nv_sr_1
bradley www.imdb.com/name/nm0177896/?ref_=nv_sr_1

kinda a bit of a toss up for rick hunter trying to keep him with the age bracket between him and Roy
but either alex pettyfer, zac effron or colton haynes
alex www.imdb.com/name/nm1641117/?ref_=nv_sr_1
zac www.imdb.com/name/nm1374980/?ref_=nv_sr_1
colton www.imdb.com/name/nm2686262/?ref_=tt_cl_t8

admiral gloval bit more along the lines of Liam neeson.
*hope you don't need a link to know who he is *

but sadly I don't think any of my people will get a look in,

would go through the Zentraedi commanders as well but just looking into something that if they are going to actually get it off the ground and run with it they will already have their picks done on a list.

really hope they do go with it as there is a lot of people that still do enjoy the series.

also wonder how far in depth they would go or just briefly jam everything into the one ie macross saga, masters and new gen etc.
7 years 3 months ago #24795

• Thank you received: 573

Replied by Alpha Bravo on topic Who do you think should be cast in the new Robotech film?

If RTDC was still up I'd put my A-List for "Zentfellas" but it's long gone by now.
"Offers that are selected that the deposit paid the amount that we do not decide, or the pool, sipping mulled wine, and in addition you can play table tennis, there is one drawback, I do not have rights." - random spambot (translated)
7 years 3 months ago #24798

Time to create page: 0.300 seconds