RUMOR: DIRECTOR JAMES WAN MIGHT LEAVE AQUAMAN

• MEMO1DOMINION
  • MEMO1DOMINION's Avatar Topic Author
  • Commander
  • Commander
  • Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic RUMOR: DIRECTOR JAMES WAN MIGHT LEAVE AQUAMAN

HE WAS ONLY GOOD IN THE COMICS AND THE OLD SUPERFRIENDS CARTOONS. THERE WAS AN OLD TV SERIES OF A GUY FROM THE SEA. WAS IT MAN OF ATLANTIS? TUAT WAS A GOOD SERIES TO WATCH AS A KID.
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
The following user(s) said Thank You: LadyGrimes
7 years 6 months ago #23903

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master
  • Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy!
  • Thank you received: 947

Replied by LadyGrimes on topic RUMOR: DIRECTOR JAMES WAN MIGHT LEAVE AQUAMAN

I saw Batman Vs Superman and it was okay as far as entertainment goes. The story was severely flawed and there were some cringey ass moments like the whole "Martha" exchange between batman and superman. LIKE OMG UR MOMS NAME IS MARTHA TOO?
The fight between them was one of the best moments, and OFC Wonder Woman, holy shit she was amazing, and that's not just my inner lesbian talking either lol. Easily best part of the movie. They hyped up the other members of Justice League too and even showed a glimpse of Aquaman who is the same actor who played Khal Drogo from Game of Thrones Season 1. Drogo is Aquaman, cool.

I've also seen trailer for Justice League and I REALLY want to like it and hope that it's gonna be good, but I have my doubts. You see I loved the Avengers movies and still think that Civil War is by far the best of the films followed by Age of Ultron, but personally I think Marvel is better. Yeah sue me lol.

Suicide squad was aight too. One of the better DC movies. But I still don't think Aquaman needs his own flick. Just make Robotech already FFS!

Thank you @AB for my adorable new avatar! <3
7 years 6 months ago #23904

• Thank you received: 573

Replied by Alpha Bravo on topic RUMOR: DIRECTOR JAMES WAN MIGHT LEAVE AQUAMAN

DC gonna be rebooting their roboots in only 3 years
"Offers that are selected that the deposit paid the amount that we do not decide, or the pool, sipping mulled wine, and in addition you can play table tennis, there is one drawback, I do not have rights." - random spambot (translated)
7 years 6 months ago #23905

• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master
  • Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy!
  • Thank you received: 947

Replied by LadyGrimes on topic RUMOR: DIRECTOR JAMES WAN MIGHT LEAVE AQUAMAN

Alpha Bravo wrote: DC gonna be rebooting their roboots in only 3 years

Oh god please no. Marvel only did it because their reboot of Spiderman sucked hard, and that's because the actor playing spiderman was just BAD. Now we're getting the kid who played him in Civil War in the new reboot which hopefully won't suck, but I'm not holding my breath either. I just want the next Avengers movie plz. And they need to bring back Thor and Hulk.

Thank you @AB for my adorable new avatar! <3
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alpha Bravo
7 years 6 months ago #23908

• Thank you received: 96

Replied by Peter Young on topic RUMOR: DIRECTOR JAMES WAN MIGHT LEAVE AQUAMAN

I lost interest in super hero comics a few years ago and therefore in the comic adaptions as well. Based on this forum, I assume they are going to reboot Spider-Man AGAIN in the movies?

Question: Spider-Man debuted as comic in 1962. Already in the seventies he became a college students. So for most of the period the franchisee existed, he had been out of high school.

Early eigthies Spider-Man starred in two different cartoon series, one solo and one assisted by Iceman and Firestar ( "Spider-Man and his amazing friends'). In both series he still lived with his aunt May, but he was already a college student. Same thing with the nineties Spider-Man cartoon.

So how come he keeps on getting rebooted as a teenager in high school? Before any one goes 'because the target audience are teenagers': A) adolescents, wether they enter college or not, can be graduated already and B ) a lot of fictional characters, superheroes or otherwise, are adults and still popular with kids.

Seems to me that portraying him as a teenager limits the character to only a small part of the overall stories.
Last edit: 7 years 5 months ago by Peter Young.
7 years 5 months ago #23936

Peter Young wrote: I lost interest in super hero comics a few years ago and therefore in the comic adaptions as well. Based on this forum, I assume they are going to reboot Spider-Man AGAIN in the movies?

Question: Spider-Man debuted as comic in 1962. Already in the seventies he became a college students. So for most of the period the franchisee existed, he had been out of high school.

Early eigthies Spider-Man starred in two different cartoon series, one solo and one assisted by Iceman and Firestar ( "Spider-Man and his amazing friends'). In both series he still lived with his aunt May, but he was already a college student. Same thing with the nineties Spider-Man cartoon.

So how come he keeps on getting rebooted as a teenager in high school? Before any one goes 'because the target audience are teenagers': A) adolescents, wether they enter college or not, can be graduated already and B ) a lot of fictional characters, superheroes or otherwise, are adults and still popular with kids.

Seems to me that portraying him as a teenager limits the character to only a small part of the overall stories.

Because he's strong but young cocky and inexperienced, and a simple way to demonstrate that is to put him in high school, and hollywood likes simple things because that's all the general populace can understand
"Offers that are selected that the deposit paid the amount that we do not decide, or the pool, sipping mulled wine, and in addition you can play table tennis, there is one drawback, I do not have rights." - random spambot (translated)
7 years 5 months ago #23943

• Thank you received: 96

Replied by Peter Young on topic RUMOR: DIRECTOR JAMES WAN MIGHT LEAVE AQUAMAN

I saw part of the first 'rebooted' movie once on television. Four reasons that prevented me from watching it untill the end:

1) Michael Sheen and Sally Field are too famous actors - they simply overshadowed the main characters

2) Peter had always been a child genius, but him simply figuring everything out via the internet was a bit over the top.

3) Peter was bullied at school for being smarter than every one else. Then he gets a girlfriend - that turns out to be even smarter?

4) Said girlfriend was also pretty and mature. She already had an internship at the company Peter wanted to aplly. She outclassed Peter in every way except she did not have siper powers of her own. Does that not make Peter an even bigger loser? (not because a boy should be 'better' than a girl. But she seemed to be all those things without becoming impopular at school - which in a way suggests Peter's impopularity was his own fault for not trying to fit in).

Mind you, in the nineties cartoon and in the first trilogy Mary Jane had been used as his love interest. She had been so from late eighties till jumping-the-shark-styline 'One More Day' in 2007. Gwen Stacey only appeared for a couple of years in the seventies before permanently leaving the stage. So if a kid picked up a random Spider-Man comic at a garage sell...

And the kids among current-day audiences can use Youtube and Wikipedia to find out abot these things. Spidey's probably got a few fansites as well.

So I guess I have acclimatized to the digital revolution better than Hollywood has.
7 years 5 months ago #23947

Just because a girl is smart doesn't mean she can't be pretty too. This isn't an RPG where you have a set allotment of skill points to spend on character creation.
7 years 5 months ago #23949

Time to create page: 0.493 seconds