• Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Admin this!
  • Thank you received: 32

New Writer for RLAM - Tom Rob Smith was created by SIGHUP

So what do you guys think?
--David Pena
SIGHUP
www.robotechx.com - a fandom based site | RIP Carl Macek (1951-2010)
14 years 10 months ago #4209

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master
  • Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy!
  • Thank you received: 947

Replied by LadyGrimes on topic Re:New Writer for RLAM - Tom Rob Smith

I think it's good news, I've heard a lot of positive things about this man, so this is definitely good news

Thank you @AB for my adorable new avatar! <3
14 years 10 months ago #4210

• Viper
  • Sentinal
  • Sentinal
  • Destroid Tomahawk Aficianado
  • Thank you received: 0

Replied by Viper on topic Re:New Writer for RLAM - Tom Rob Smith

Blah blah blah

Blahblahblahblah

blah

More of nothing is still nothing.

Considering that RT.com is fairly mute on the subject, then I chalk it up to more empty propoganda.

I said it before, and I'll say it again.

I'll believe there's a Robotech LAM when I see it.

Before then?

No.
Wrongfully Banned by MEMO1DOMINION on Robotech.com!

www.destroidslastdance.com
14 years 10 months ago #4226

• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master
  • Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy!
  • Thank you received: 947

Replied by LadyGrimes on topic Re:New Writer for RLAM - Tom Rob Smith

Viper wrote:

Blah blah blah

Blahblahblahblah

blah

Considering that RT.com is fairly mute on the subject, then I chalk it up to more empty propoganda.

I said it before, and I'll say it again.

Before then?

No.

I'm with you on this one :S

Thank you @AB for my adorable new avatar! <3
14 years 10 months ago #4234

• Seto-Kaiba
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Seto-Kaiba on topic Re:New Writer for RLAM - Tom Rob Smith

Viper wrote:

Exactly right. Since the Robotech live-action movie remains a distant possibility on the horizon that doesn't even have a script, it's a mystery to me why Harmony Gold thinks announcing every little addition to the staff is necessary or interesting.

I could understand getting excited about the attachment of a new writer if it were someone who was appropriate for the job. Personally, I couldn't imagine a less appropriate man for the job than Tom Rob Smith. Not only is the man a newly minted author with just two books to his name, he's got no experience writing sci-fi... all he does is murder mystery novels set in Soviet Russia. Like the removal of Chuck Rovin and the addition of Alfred Gough and Miles Millar, the addition of Tom Rob Smith just gives me the impression that Warner Bros and Maguire Entertainment doesn't think Robotech will perform, so they don't want to waste anyone with real talent on the project.

Viper wrote:

My sentiments exactly.
14 years 10 months ago #4235

• Last_Valk_Standing
  • REF Member
  • REF Member
  • SDF-1 Shellback
  • Thank you received: 2

Replied by Last_Valk_Standing on topic Re:New Writer for RLAM - Tom Rob Smith

wow you three agreeing with no jabs? I don't now SK very well but still LOL!!

Ok here is my take on this. I know alot of folks would rather not see this project go at all. And while i agree that the fact this guy has no Exp. points in the Sci-fi area think on this.

Top Gun, Yeah many of us hate it but no one can say really that it was a bad film. Take out Tom Cruise and it would have been better. Does the fact that Tony Scott had NO experience doing a film strike you as odd concidering the popularity of the film? He was picked because of the Saab Commercials he did included a Saab Fighter jet. The film was a success.

Sometimes takeing some one from a different disapline can do amazeing things. I really wish ppl wouldn't jump these writers so easily. Being narrow minded accomplishes nothing. Do we want the LAM to look like every other Sci-fi out there right now? another Transformers or what? RT is about the people and the human drama. That is what this new writer is good at. Understanding relationships and phycological factors of different people. Same with The Smallville writers. That is what has always set ROBOTECH apart from other shows.

We don't need a massive Sci-fi writer to make this big. The Sci-Fi aspects of ROBOTECH were never as far fetched as say Star Wars or Star Trek. They were based more on what we know today not fantastical garbage from the far distant future.

Have some faith guys. I would rather see a human drama expert with no Hollywood contaminated links do a draft then some Hollywood hot shot with too many "buddies" clouding his vision. Besides the fact HG is still the watch dog for accuracy. No worries it' will be fine :D
Co-Commander, Vulture Flight 59th Combined Tactical Operations Group (Gamma Wing)

Member of AkL
Huge fan of Attention On Deck website.

Official Reporter for MNN (Macross News Network LOL)
14 years 10 months ago #4259

• Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re:New Writer for RLAM - Tom Rob Smith

Harmony Gold thinks announcing every little addition to the staff is necessary or interesting.

ACTUALLY, THEY HAVE TO BECOUSE FANS WANT TO KNOW.

YOU SEEN THEM ON THE BOARDS WANTING EVERY DETAIL ON EVERYTHING THAT MOVES.

SOME FANS LIKE ME MIGHT JUST SAY.. "OK.. COOL" AND MOVE ON. OTHERS NEED THAT ROBOTECH FIX.

I couldn't imagine a less appropriate man for the job than Tom Rob Smith. Not only is the man a newly minted author with just two books to his name, he's got no experience writing sci-fi... all he does is murder mystery novels set in Soviet Russia. Like the removal of Chuck Rovin and the addition of Alfred Gough and Miles Millar,

THIS COULD BE TRU.. BUT COULD ALSO BE SPECULATION.

WE DONT KNOW HOW WB THINKS, JUST THROW STUFF OUT THERE AND SEE WHAT STICKS OR WHAT REACTION WE MIGHT GET.. WICH IS NONE.

WB HAS OTHER FISH TO FRY LIKE THE DARK KNIGHT AND COULD HAVE MOVED THEIR BIG GUY TO PUSH OUT DARK KNIGHT 3 OUT. WICH IS ALREADY A SUCCESFULL RUN.

WHO COULD SAY THAT CHUCK DID NOT ALREADY SET A TEMPLATE FOR ROBOTECH AS WELL. OR THAT SINCE CHUCK IS NOT NEEDED NOW AND HAS ALREADY STARTED THE GROUND WORK, HE IS MORE FITTED TO ANOTHER MOVIE TO PUSH OUT.

I REMEMBER THE SAME TALK AND JABS THAT CAME OUT AGAINST MICHAEL BAY FOR TRANSFORMERS.. THAT HE DOES NOT KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT TRANSFORMERS AND IT WAS JUST A ONE HIT WONDER.. WELL, I COULD SAY TRANSFORMERS PUT THAT TO REST EVEN IF HE DID NOT KNOW MUCH ABOUT SAID PROJECT.

WE JUST FANS WITH FULL OF AIR. AND WE WILL SEE WHEN THIS THING COMES OUT. HECK, WOULD NOT SURPRISE ME IF SAME PEOPLE COME OUT ON THE SECOND MOVIE THINKING THEY KNOW HOW THINGS RUN.

the addition of Tom Rob Smith just gives me the impression that Warner Bros and Maguire Entertainment doesn't think Robotech will perform, so they don't want to waste anyone with real talent on the project.

HEHEHE

MAYBE THATS WHAT ROBOTECH NEEDS.. NOT JUST YOUR REGULAR FLASHY MOVIE.. BUT SOMETHING THAT STICKS.

FAN OPINIONS ARE MANNY A DOZEN.. IN THE END, THE MONEY IT MAKES WILL MAKE IT A HIT... OR A FAILURE.

ITS A WAIT AND SEE
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
14 years 10 months ago #4268

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re:New Writer for RLAM - Tom Rob Smith

Sometimes takeing some one from a different disapline can do amazeing things. I really wish ppl wouldn't jump these writers so easily. Being narrow minded accomplishes nothing. Do we want the LAM to look like every other Sci-fi out there right now? another Transformers or what? RT is about the people and the human drama. That is what this new writer is good at. Understanding relationships and phycological factors of different people. Same with The Smallville writers. That is what has always set ROBOTECH apart from other shows.

We don't need a massive Sci-fi writer to make this big. The Sci-Fi aspects of ROBOTECH were never as far fetched as say Star Wars or Star Trek. They were based more on what we know today not fantastical garbage from the far distant future.

LIKE I SAID, FAN VIEWS A DOZEN.. AND THEIR ARE MORE LIKE THESE LIKE SETO AND VALK..

MY OPINION?

WELL, I AM SURPRISED BY A NON SCIFI WRITER, BUT I ALSO HAVE TO THINK WHAT IS WB COOKING?

ARE THEY GIVING IT THAT MEAL WE MIGHT KNOW BUT WITH EMERAL "BAM!!!!" TO IT? LETS SEE. LETS SEE
Last edit: 14 years 10 months ago by MEMO1DOMINION.
14 years 10 months ago #4269

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic TOM ROB SMITH, "I'm not working on that project anymore"

JUST A HEADS UP GUYS... ANOTHER WRITER COME AND GONE

I RECENTLY POSTED IN TOM ROB SMITH FACEBOOK PAGE AND THE PUBLIC CONVERSATION GOES SOMETHING LIKE THIS...

Robotechx Fandom
thanks for the add Tom. greets from the Robotech community. and we all waiting for the Robotech movie you pen for Warner Brothers for the live action Robotech movie.

Tom Rob Smith
I'm not working on that project anymore, so I can't update you on how it's progressing. Sorry about that...

LINK TO TOM ROB SMITH PAGE:
www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=595654129
13 years 3 months ago #14513

• Gubaba
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Gubaba on topic Re: TOM ROB SMITH, "I'm not working on that project anymore"

Huh. Thanks for the update.

I wonder who's writing it now?
13 years 3 months ago #14515

Time to create page: 0.385 seconds