Arrrgggg

• LadyGrimes
  • LadyGrimes's Avatar Topic Author
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master
  • Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy!
  • Thank you received: 947

Arrrgggg was created by LadyGrimes

I love the internet, I really do, but there are some times it angers me so. For example I tried updating my site last night, but guess what? the server was acting up so I couldn't but I was okay with that, I decided to try another night, but that's not the icing on the cake, oh no I decided to update my blog with a nice long post, and guess what happened? It deleted on me when I went to post it! I was so mad, I couldnt even figure out how in the world it pulled that on me. :angry:
but of course this isnt the first time something like this has happened to me, and its not just the internet, it's computers in general. :S I guess technology and I just don't see eye to eye, or perhaps I was singled out last night, but whatever the reason I'll make sure I either save the draft, or right click and copy the entire thing, because there is no way I'm going to let that happen again.

even though if I do that, it will probably find some way to get me still. :unsure: I just can't win can I?

Thank you @AB for my adorable new avatar! <3
15 years 7 months ago #1377

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• SIGHUP
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Admin this!
  • Thank you received: 32

Replied by SIGHUP on topic Re:Arrrgggg

Yep, that's one of the wonders of computing. Especially web server based. I remember this site went down and it took everything down with it. Luckily I had a backup, so I'm sure no one noticed he he.

As a rule of thumb I always backup first and save. ALWAYS.

Even for something as simple as copy-and-paste. I'll open up a text editor (METAPAD my favorite windows based editor) and temporarily paste it there. Don't trust my own fingers with the windows clipboard. There have been many times when I accidetnally copy CTRL+C something and erase my previous CTRL+C.

I'm sure you'v encountered this in Photoshop when you say "thanks goodness for history."
--David Pena
SIGHUP
www.robotechx.com - a fandom based site | RIP Carl Macek (1951-2010)
15 years 6 months ago #1389

• LadyGrimes
  • LadyGrimes's Avatar Topic Author
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master
  • Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy!
  • Thank you received: 947

Replied by LadyGrimes on topic Re:Arrrgggg

Ah yes, I make sure I save everything from now on, even emails lol, the internet can be so cruel sometimes.

Thank you @AB for my adorable new avatar! <3
15 years 6 months ago #1394

Time to create page: 0.239 seconds