• LadyGrimes's Avatar Topic Author
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master
  • Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy!
  • Thank you received: 947

Replied by LadyGrimes on topic Re: ATLANTECH paperback

khoroshen wrote:

Lobizon wrote:

The very first wedding, marriage in the RTX forums that is a great news as well, congrats to you Lynn and khor. :woohoo:

:lol:
Thanks Lobi, and the rest here...

Well, we maybe semi-active RTX members, but I wouldn't go as far as the first within the RTX forums nomatter the statistical accuracy. I'm not marrying her because she's an RT fan. If that was the only thing we had in common that would be a pretty pathetic, childish, and selfish reason. As she knows, its all about Spoungebob baby! :laugh:

oh yes indeed ;)

Thank you @AB for my adorable new avatar! <3
12 years 11 months ago #16469
The topic has been locked.
  • LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master

Replied by LadyGrimes on topic waiting sucks

Oh honey don't fret, remember that patience is a virtue! But waiting does suck.........

anywho, awaiting permission to post book cover, because it looks so awesome.

Ok enough of that its time for a breakfast burrito.....

Last edit: 12 years 10 months ago by LadyGrimes.
12 years 10 months ago #16507
  • khoroshen
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Niin on aatos miunki vappaa
  • Thank you received: 1

Replied by khoroshen on topic Re: ATLANTECH paperback

I'll have what she's smoking and drinking....

I hope you do get permission, as I know the book cover will be awesome!
12 years 10 months ago #16510
  • LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master

there's a 70% chance this might be my only book

12 years 10 months ago #16532
  • khoroshen
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Niin on aatos miunki vappaa
  • Thank you received: 1

Replied by khoroshen on topic Re: ATLANTECH paperback

Oh? Why the change in idea? I thought you wanted to do a series of books? :(
12 years 10 months ago #16538
  • LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master

khoroshen wrote:

Oh? Why the change in idea? I thought you wanted to do a series of books? :(

its not a change in wanting to do the books, its the fact that I now have a 70% chance of dying from kidney failure
don't you just love how life kicks you in the ass?
But I'll be sure to give everyone the location of the cemetery I end up in, so you can either pay your respects or piss on my grave, whatever makes you happy.

I should also add that I tried to make amends with a once good friend, but he turned me away and told me to leave him alone, so now when I go, I will go knowing he hates me and wishes ill will on me.........you know who you are

Last edit: 12 years 10 months ago by LadyGrimes.
12 years 10 months ago #16545
  • SIGHUP
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Admin this!
  • Thank you received: 32

Replied by SIGHUP on topic Re: ATLANTECH paperback

Biollante wrote:

its not a change in wanting to do the books, its the fact that I now have a 70% chance of dying from kidney failure
don't you just love how life kicks you in the ass?
But I'll be sure to give everyone the location of the cemetery I end up in, so you can either pay your respects or piss on my grave, whatever makes you happy.

I should also add that I tried to make amends with a once good friend, but he turned me away and told me to leave him alone, so now when I go, I will go knowing he hates me and wishes ill will on me.........you know who you are

Geez go on hiatus for a bit and now there this a 70% chance of you expiring?

Congrats on the book.
--David Pena
SIGHUP
www.robotechx.com - a fandom based site | RIP Carl Macek (1951-2010)
12 years 10 months ago #16551
  • LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master

Replied by LadyGrimes on topic my diagnosis

Yeah I got taken to the emergency room the other morning because of severe pains i had been getting and when I got there they gave me a shot of morphine for the pain and then I spent about a total of 6 or 7 hours there while they did all sorts of tests on me.........uncomfortable I might add, but yeah it turns out ive had the infection for a while and it only started showing symptoms till recently only the doctor doesnt think they caught it in time but he said they're going to do what they can for me.

He prescribed me two strong antibiotics.....amoxicillin and trimethropin i think those are the correct spellings, I'd have to read the bottles
but what really sucks is the fact the side effects from both of these ARE exactly the same as the problems my infection is giving me so I'm not feeling much better if anything im feeling worse and kind of peeved that they didnt keep me to at least monitor me or something sheesh but i go back in two weeks for an update........so i can get poked with a needle some more and he can see if the medication is working at all *sigh*

But yeah, there is a chance i could expire if nothing helps to clear up the infection =[ it sucks but meh what can you do? everyone thats been there for me has just told me to stay positive and strong which i am trying but eh its hard i wont lie. i just feel like theres so much i want to accomplish, but without knowing how much time i have left its hard to say if i could get anything done or not. for the most part ive just been talking to friends and looking for positive reinforcement wherever i can find it, just trying to keep my mind clear of the bad thoughts. I've finished book one but id love to be able to finish the entire series.........so maybe i could see how far i can get in the mean time? im still working, even though i shouldnt, working two jobs now actually so 1, i have money coming in, and 2, I'm keeping active, staying productive.

all in all this is a new experience for me, scary but new I've never been in a situation where my life was threatened yanno? But all I can do at this point is try to live each day as well as I can, its only a 70% chance..........where there's a will there's a way right?
But the support I've been getting from my good friends has meant a lot more to me. I love you guys, you are the best and I promise I will stay strong in this <3

I can also promise that you will love the book and if time will allow it.........I will be selling autographed copies of it. I won't be doing any convention touring until my condition gets better though, if it gets better........just gotta pray, and if you're not the religious type, just have hope =]

I also apologize for the TL;DR post and boring shout outs, I just thought I'd explain in better detail, whats going on with me and will keep you up to date on my status and the book.

~Lynn~

12 years 10 months ago #16552
  • Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re: ATLANTECH paperback

ALL I CAN SAY IS DANG.

SORRY TO HEAR THAT.
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
12 years 10 months ago #16556
  • Thank you received: 0

Replied by rtsurfer on topic Re: ATLANTECH paperback

^Being sick really sucks but you have to beat the odds. Just remember, you're getting married, publishing a book, writing more books, I bet you have a whole lot of things left on your to do list. You've got to at least hang around for the RTLAM, that should keep you going for another 10, 20 years.
"rtsurfer's two cent..." ;O)

rtsurfer's ROBOTECH archive
12 years 10 months ago #16560
Time to create page: 0.599 seconds