ATLANTECH paperback

• khoroshen
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Niin on aatos miunki vappaa
  • Thank you received: 1

Replied by khoroshen on topic Re: ATLANTECH paperback

Tease me all, oh wait... thats for private chat...

:laugh:

Great looking book there, cant wait to get my copy. :woohoo:
12 years 10 months ago #16889
The topic has been locked.
  • LadyGrimes
  • LadyGrimes's Avatar Topic Author
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master
  • Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy!
  • Thank you received: 947

Replied by LadyGrimes on topic Re: ATLANTECH paperback

Thanks guys :)

heres a few new tumblr Q's

Q: Anonymous asked: Brian seems really angsty hes not suicidal is he?

A: Brian does have a lot of angst in the beginning, but is he suicidal? No he isn’t. Brian has never even thought about committing suicide, no matter how depressed or alone he felt, never crossed his mind. He knows how lost he is in his own little world, but once things start to change, he begins to wake up and realize that holding onto the past has done nothing but drag him down, hold him back. Brian would never kill himself, but again neither would he think about killing anyone else either. He’s not the violent type, he’s very quiet, shy, and keeps to himself. He only opens up to a few people in the story.

Q: Anonymous asked: I love the way you color your sketches you really have a good eye for lighting and detail.

A: Why thank you, considering I have a bad eye for everything else =]

said colored sketches

Geeze @ all this questions about characters.........is Stan gay? is Brian suicidal/emo? What's next I wonder........:|

Thank you @AB for my adorable new avatar! <3
Last edit: 12 years 10 months ago by LadyGrimes.
12 years 10 months ago #16894
  • Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re: ATLANTECH paperback

CONGRATS!!

WELL DONE.
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
12 years 10 months ago #16906
  • LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master

Replied by LadyGrimes on topic My life is pretty boring

MEMO1DOMINION wrote:

CONGRATS!!

WELL DONE.

Thank you =D
I will have more details later btw

Latest tumblr bombardment
Q:
Anonymous asked: Where do you draw your charactors from? Are they influenced by people you have met in life?

A: The designs for my characters just kind of came together in my head over time. When I was first coming up with the story of Atlantech, I always had an idea of what they looked like, but it was never a finalized design. Everything just came from my imagination, really, and of course music played a very big role in that. A lot of my inspiration and ideas come from music alone. I can listen to a certain song and just picture something taking place, and it just comes to me that way. I use a lot of music when writing too, helps with conveying emotion, especially where dialogue is concerned.

My characters are just made up, completely. Some of their names were coined after some people I knew in real life, but that’s it, just the names. Not the personality or any other likeness.

However, there is some influence from other people, but mainly only things that they’ve said. I listen a lot when people talk, and if I hear something deep or very meaningful, it just sticks with me. Then I apply it to the dialogue of a character that would in fact say the same thing, or something similar. It ranges from things my family members have said, to friends, and just random people.

Q: Anonymous asked: Do you have a boyfriend?

A: negative, and that’s probably because I look like the hunchback of Notre Dame.

Q: Anonymous asked: what is it like having your own book in print?

A: Like holding your baby for the first time, it’s pretty exciting.

Q:Anonymous asked: Do you see yourself in your characters? Are any of them a reflection of you?

A: Yes and no, but it depends on the situation. I can’t say that I can see myself, but I can relate. I’ve experienced losing loved ones, heart break, paranoia to some extent, falling in love, winning big - kidding, having a good time, pissing people off……….you get the picture. They’re characters anyone can relate to, they don’t represent me in any form, I only wrote their story and came up with their designs. None of them are really anything like me, if I were a character in the Atlantech world……….I’d probably be a pretty boring one. My life is boring.

awesome questions guys, keep em coming

atlantech.tumblr.com/

12 years 10 months ago #16919
  • khoroshen
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Niin on aatos miunki vappaa
  • Thank you received: 1

Replied by khoroshen on topic Re: My life is pretty boring

Biollante wrote:

Q: Anonymous asked: Do you have a boyfriend?

A: negative, and that’s probably because I look like the hunchback of Notre Dame.

*sigh*.... :dry: :woohoo:
12 years 9 months ago #16921
  • LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master

The release had to be pushed back because something very important somehow got left out, I won't say what it is, but as soon as that little boo boo is fixed it will be ready to go to the printers. I'll keep everyone updated on that =]

In other news, I'm engaged!!!!!!! and with the prettiest looking antique ring too, so I'm happy =]

12 years 9 months ago #17040
  • LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master

i want to say sorry for delay of book but it is coming soon.
right now i am in bad shape and cant write or work on art till i make recovery dont know when that will be =[

12 years 9 months ago #17108
  • Waters7
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Waters7 on topic Re: ATLANTECH paperback

A little late for the party HP but congrats on your book and congrats on your engagement too :)
12 years 9 months ago #17112
  • gravytrain
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by gravytrain on topic Re: ATLANTECH paperback

poor lynn has not been online much because she had a stroke I talk to her some times on AIM but she types funny. Also she said she has brain attacks so something is attacking her head is it more strokes? I do not even know what a stroke is what is it?
I hope she gets better cause she is one of my best friends we play games all the time on face book and have fun and it is not the same when she is not online. I also want to read her book I am happy for her I was one of the first friends she told about Atlantech when she first made it :)

get better lynn!
12 years 9 months ago #17150
  • LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master

Replied by LadyGrimes on topic I am sorry

because of medical issues the book and anything related have been pushed back. i am sorry for not saying anything earlier but i was unable to. my publisher has been busy and i guess too busy to get back to me. I can type a lot better but still not my old self sorry.
i do not like that my friend decided to post about my nightmare but that is what happened and i am under a lot
of stress and more or less depressed over not being able to work on art. i came to post tonight because i feel like i have let you guys down and in a way i have and i am sorry.

life can be very hard at times and when it is it messes with what you love doing.

i guess all i can do now is ask myself..........what would carl do?
stupid huh
he was my main inspiration

but again i am sorry everyone

12 years 9 months ago #17252
Time to create page: 0.462 seconds