Lancer's Summer Movie Review: Today's Flick: Pirates 4 (NO SPOILERS!!)

• Lancer
  • Lancer's Avatar Topic Author
  • Academy Cadet
  • Academy Cadet
  • Robotech Guru Extraordinaire!
  • Thank you received: 0

Lancer's Summer Movie Review: Today's Flick: Pirates 4 (NO SPOILERS!!) was created by Lancer

Well I have survived the Rapture so it was time to see another movie, this time it was PotC: On Stranger Tides.

This movie was a lot wordier than its predecessors. Too much verbiage. I did like the casting of Ian McShane as Blackbeard, and the story was decent. Not great but decent. I especially loved the effects of the mermaids, and Man were they HOT!

Oh and btw...NATALIE PORTMAN IS HOT!!!

Sorry I digress...This movie had its SFX done by none other than ILM (Industrial Light & Magic) you know STAR WARS??!!! These effects are MUCH better than Thor's not fuzzy or grainy.

I must say though that Disney is really doing a disservice when it keeps a franchise going longer than it needs to. I am also glad I didnt pay full price for this flick and was glad it was a matinee for that is what I thought it was worth.

I Officially give Pirates 4...A 3.5 (Hover-Cyclone) Just like Thor...It didnt WOW me but the SFX made up for the weaker story w/ a lot of verbiage.

Next review will be either Hangover Pt 2 or Kung Fu Panda 2

Not sure but next wknd is the wknd of Sequels.

Have a good wknd everyone and Special Shout Out to McHenry who married his long time GF this wknd...KUDOS BUDDY! Much Love!!

Lancer Out!

NONJA!
"Robotech is God...Robotech is Life"--I said this in the Shadow Chronicles DVD
Last edit: 12 years 10 months ago by Lancer.
12 years 10 months ago #16367

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re: Lancer's Summer Movie Review: Today's Flick: Pirates 4 (NO SPOILERS!!)

NICE TO KNOW.

HE LANCER, HEADS UP. YOU CAN SAVE AS WELL WITH THE M&M CANDIE WRAPPERS. ON SELECTIVE WRAPPERS THEY HAVE A MOVIE VOUCHER WHERE YOU INPUT THE NUMBER ONLINE AND PRINT YOUR VOUCHER. SAVING UP TO 3DLRS, 5DLRS AND THE WHOLE TICKET IN PRICE. EVEN IF MATINEE OR 6DLR SUNDAY.

hip2save.com/2011/03/buy-mms-candy-and-win-movie-tickets.html

I SAVED A LOT ON MOVIE ADMISSION.

OK...ENOUGH FOR THAT PLUG.

SEE YA.
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
12 years 10 months ago #16375

• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master
  • Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy!
  • Thank you received: 947

Replied by LadyGrimes on topic Re: Lancer's Summer Movie Review: Today's Flick: Pirates 4 (NO SPOILERS!!)

You'd think that cash cow's udder dried up already.......shit

But based on your description it does sound "interesting" maybe for like a one time viewing or something

Thank you @AB for my adorable new avatar! <3
12 years 10 months ago #16419

Time to create page: 0.250 seconds