THE VS. TABLET'S THREAD

• MEMO1DOMINION
  • MEMO1DOMINION's Avatar Topic Author
  • Commander
  • Commander
  • Thank you received: 114

THE VS. TABLET'S THREAD was created by MEMO1DOMINION

GREAT TOPIC ON THE KINDLE GOT ME INTERESTED IN GETTING ONE. BUT WHILE LOOKING AROUND THERE ARE COMMERCIALS OUT THERE FOR MORE HYPE FOR MORE TABLETS IN THE MARKET...

WHAT TO PICK... TOP 3 I KNOW

1.KINDLE
2.BLACKBERRY PLAYBOOK
3.IPAD 2

NOW WHAT I AM LOOKING FOR IS SOMETHING SMALL AND USE AT WORK. SOMETHING I CAN CARRY IN MY LUNCH BOX. READ BOOKS, WATCH VIDEOS. GET ON THE WIFI AT WORK AND CHAT AND ALSO WATCH ANIME.

WHAT YOU GUYS HAVE OR IF YOU THINKING OF GETTING ONE SOON, WHAT WOULD BE YOUR CHOICE?
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
Last edit: 12 years 10 months ago by MEMO1DOMINION.
12 years 10 months ago #16506

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Lobizon
  • REF Member
  • REF Member
  • Bounty Hunter! =☠=
  • Thank you received: 4

Replied by Lobizon on topic Re: THE VS TABLETS THREAD

Motorola XOOM FTW!
BTW, kindle it is a e-book reader not a tablet
Last edit: 12 years 10 months ago by Lobizon.
12 years 10 months ago #16512

• MEMO1DOMINION
  • Commander
  • Commander

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re: THE VS TABLETS THREAD

Lobizon wrote:

Motorola XOOM FTW!
BTW, kindle it is a e-book reader not a tablet

TRUE.

LOOKING AT MORE THAN JUST READING THOUGHT. CAN YOU PLAY OTHER PROGRAMS LIKE VLC? I DOWNLOAD SOME YOUTUBE VIDEOS THROUGH YOUTUBE DOWNLOADER TO WATCH LATER. WOULD LIKE IT IF I CAN PLAY THEM WHEN I TRAVEL.

AND ON ANOTHER NOTE. IS IT GOOD UNDER SUNLIGHT? I HEAR THE KINDLE DOES NOT HAVE THAT PROBLEM. BUT FOR A FEW EXTRA DOLLARS I COULD GET A LOT MORE.

HDMI, WOW, NICE FEATURE. YOU CAN PLAY OR WATCH ON TV AS WELL. WOULD LIKE TO SHARE SOME VIDEOS FROM CONCERTS TO FAMILY. THIS WOULD BE A NICE WAY TO DO IT WITHOUT CARING A LOT OF COMPONETS.

AND PRICEIS NOT BAD.
Last edit: 12 years 10 months ago by MEMO1DOMINION.
12 years 10 months ago #16514

• ps99041
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by ps99041 on topic Re: THE VS TABLETS THREAD

it really depends on how much you want to spend and what brand you want. I've been doing research on something in color and a lot of people recommend the Nook for comics though the iPad is best due to it's size though I'm sure any tablet would be great as well. Just gotta decide which to go for...
12 years 10 months ago #16518

• MEMO1DOMINION
  • Commander
  • Commander

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re: THE VS TABLETS THREAD

ps99041 wrote:

it really depends on how much you want to spend and what brand you want. I've been doing research on something in color and a lot of people recommend the Nook for comics though the iPad is best due to it's size though I'm sure any tablet would be great as well. Just gotta decide which to go for...

AGREE.

HDMI IS A PLUS NOW FOR ME.

TV'S HAVE WIFI NOW. WOULD BE NICE TO GO CORDLESS WITH SOME OF THESE TABLETS. AND WOULD LIKE TO BE ABLE TO EDIT VIDEO AND UPLOAD ON THE SPOT TOO. THAT WOULD BE NICE FOR CONS.
12 years 10 months ago #16521

• ps99041
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by ps99041 on topic Re: THE VS TABLETS THREAD

MEMO1DOMINION wrote:

ps99041 wrote:

AGREE.

HDMI IS A PLUS NOW FOR ME.

TV'S HAVE WIFI NOW. WOULD BE NICE TO GO CORDLESS WITH SOME OF THESE TABLETS. AND WOULD LIKE TO BE ABLE TO EDIT VIDEO AND UPLOAD ON THE SPOT TOO. THAT WOULD BE NICE FOR CONS.

those features would be cool but it's features like these that make me NOT want a tablet as I'd just go for a laptop which can do everything then. for me, i'd rather just get a color ereader though a cheap tablet which could do video would be nice but most reviews for the cheaper tablets say video isn't that great if it even plays the format.
12 years 10 months ago #16524

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by Richardmvela on topic Re: THE VS. TABLET'S THREAD

A lot of the e-readers are now in the "pseudo-tablet" category. For instance the color nook has a web browser and can play flash based vids and what not. Plus have app stores for music.
Resisting Gravity's Pull on Our Souls!
12 years 10 months ago #16528

• SIGHUP
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Admin this!
  • Thank you received: 32

Replied by SIGHUP on topic Re: THE VS. TABLET'S THREAD

MEMO you would probably want a Tablet. I have been considering a Kindle exclusively for reading. Awesome battery life and readability, especially in sunlight.
--David Pena
SIGHUP
www.robotechx.com - a fandom based site | RIP Carl Macek (1951-2010)
12 years 10 months ago #16549

Time to create page: 0.330 seconds