Lancer's Summer Movie Review: Today's Flick: Green Lantern (NO SPOILERS!!)

• Lancer
  • Lancer's Avatar Topic Author
  • Academy Cadet
  • Academy Cadet
  • Robotech Guru Extraordinaire!
  • Thank you received: 0

Lancer's Summer Movie Review: Today's Flick: Green Lantern (NO SPOILERS!!) was created by Lancer

Hey all...

I just got done seeing this movie w/ my Dad for Father's Day. And I must say that I was not disappointed in this movie despite what critics have said.

It was an origin story and it was pretty good. No it wasn't Batman Begins or Donner Superman but it did the job, and it sets up the sequel nicely.

I really do not have any negative things to say about this flick other than it could have been a little more action filled. (Maybe that will be the 2nd one)

So I give Green Lantern...a 4.5 Alpha-Legioss...Definitely worth the price of admission. I just hope that DC will get off their butts and do the other DC Heroes so we can have a JLA movie, but I digress.

Next flick will be Transformers 3

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY to all the Dad's and Dad's to be!

Lancer Out!
NONJA
"Robotech is God...Robotech is Life"--I said this in the Shadow Chronicles DVD
12 years 10 months ago #16798

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re: Lancer's Summer Movie Review: Today's Flick: Green Lantern (NO SPOILERS!!)

THANKS FOR THE REVIEW.

HEHEHE
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
12 years 9 months ago #16812

Replied by rtsurfer on topic Re: Lancer's Summer Movie Review: Today's Flick: Green Lantern (NO SPOILERS!!)

Lancer wrote:

I just hope that DC will get off their butts and do the other DC Heroes so we can have a JLA movie, but I digress

DC/WBs is tentatively planning a JL movie for 2013. The other DC Heroes are likely a non-issue as they have already commented that Batman, Superman, and possibly Green Lantern would all be recast for a JL movie, and a JL movie would be the launching pad for potential Flash and Wonder Woman movies. Those are the five characters planned for the tentative 2013 JL as of Apr 2011.
"rtsurfer's two cent..." ;O)

rtsurfer's ROBOTECH archive
Last edit: 12 years 9 months ago by rtsurfer.
12 years 9 months ago #16813

• Lancer
  • Lancer's Avatar Topic Author
  • Academy Cadet
  • Academy Cadet
  • Robotech Guru Extraordinaire!

Replied by Lancer on topic Re: Lancer's Summer Movie Review: Today's Flick: Green Lantern (NO SPOILERS!!)

Do you have link for this info RT???
"Robotech is God...Robotech is Life"--I said this in the Shadow Chronicles DVD
12 years 9 months ago #16817

Replied by rtsurfer on topic Re: Lancer's Summer Movie Review: Today's Flick: Green Lantern (NO SPOILERS!!)

www.rottentomatoes.com/m/1922404/news/19...gueem-movie-in-2013/

Weekly Ketchup: A Live Action Justice League Movie in 2013?
Plus, Bill Murray as FDR, Hailee Steinfeld as Sleeping Beauty, and Jennifer Garner as Miss Marple.
by Greg Dean Schmitz | Friday, Apr. 01 2011

This Week's Ketchup includes lots of news for DC Comics movies (Justice League, Green Lantern and the casting of Lois Lane), new movies for Jennifer Garner, Bill Murray, Hailee Steinfeld and the penguins from Madagascar.

This Week's Top Story
THIS WEEK IN DC COMICS NEWS: JUSTICE LEAGUE 2013, AND AMY ADAMS AS LOIS LANE

This week gave us big news stories for three different DC Comics movies. The biggest story of the week was the revelation from Warner Bros' new studio boss Jeff Robinov that the studio plans on releasing a live action Justice League movie in 2013. Back in 2007/2008, the studio was nearing production of a Justice League movie that would have been directed by George Miller (Mad Max, Happy Feet), but it was shelved because of the WGA strike. Warner Bros' plans for Justice League appear to include at least five of DC Comics' most popular superheroes: Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern and The Flash. It's not yet known if other Justice League members like Green Arrow, The Atom, Aquaman, Hawkman and Martian Manhunter might also be included. Justice League is being seen as a potential launching pad movie for The Flash and Wonder Woman movies of their own. But the Justice League movie will not connect directly to Christopher Nolan's Batman movies, or Zack Snyder's Superman movie coming in late 2012. For Justice League, a new Batman and Superman will be introduced. What is not yet known is whether this will also apply to Green Lantern, or whether Ryan Reynolds might reprise his role in Justice League as well. Speaking of Green Lantern, we learned this week that Michael Clarke Duncan will be providing the voice of the gargantuan Lantern Kilowog, and that Geoffrey Rush will be voicing the bird-like Lantern Tomar-Re. When it comes to DC Comics movie casting, I am burying the lead, because Amy Adams has been cast to play Lois Lane in the tentatively titled Superman: Man of Steel.

I've also seen comments concerning DC/WB not wanting to do movie crossovers with existing incarnations in other articles.
"rtsurfer's two cent..." ;O)

rtsurfer's ROBOTECH archive
12 years 9 months ago #16819

• ps99041
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by ps99041 on topic Re: Lancer's Summer Movie Review: Today's Flick: Green Lantern (NO SPOILERS!!)

Finally saw GL myself and gotta agree with Lancer, it was a good movie though definitely not The Dark Knight. If definitely could've been better but it was entertaining and set up a potential sequel. The costume actually looks pretty cool compared to regular pictures though the mask is still a bit weird to me.
12 years 9 months ago #16838

Time to create page: 0.465 seconds