Lancer's Summer Movie Review: Today's Flick: HP7 Pt II (NO SPOILERS!!)

• Lancer
  • Lancer's Avatar Topic Author
  • Academy Cadet
  • Academy Cadet
  • Robotech Guru Extraordinaire!
  • Thank you received: 0

Lancer's Summer Movie Review: Today's Flick: HP7 Pt II (NO SPOILERS!!) was created by Lancer

Well it has Arrived Boys & Girls...The FINAL installment of the 7 Book EPIC Series of Good vs Evil in the Wizarding world. The Deathly Hallows Pt 2...This movie starts off where the last one ended (In case people were lost) then just took off from there.

For those of you who have read the book, you will NOT be disappointed. Yes they shaved a couple of minute things here and there but all in all, they did this movie RIGHT! I was VERY Satisfied!

I went to a feature that did a double feature of Pts 1 & 2 and boy was that worth it to see how both movies fit. I took my mother and she was quite pleased (Considering that she was going into this movie ready to hate it) This is Definitely in my Top 3 of Sagas of All-Time!

So WHOO HOO...YEAH...Oh and There is a Trailer that is attached to this movie that if MUST SEE...Now it is a teaser so there isnt much footage but well worth the tease!

I give Harry Potter 7...Solid 5 Legioss...See this movie!!!
I wanted to give this the coveted 10 SDF-1 but it just wasnt DARK KNIGHT Epicness (I dont think I will ever give a 10 again after DK)

Next Review...Capt. America (Im Broke but I will figure out how to see this flick!)

Lancer Out!
NONJA!
"Robotech is God...Robotech is Life"--I said this in the Shadow Chronicles DVD
12 years 8 months ago #17181

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re: Lancer's Summer Movie Review: Today's Flick: HP7 Pt II (NO SPOILERS!!)

WAS NOT THAT IMPRESSED EITHER. GOOD FLICK. GREAT FOR THE KIDS. ENJOYABLE... BUT NOT THAT BIG FOR ME AS ITS PREDECESSORS.

AND THE ENDING BEFORE THE CREDITS DID NOT FIT. TO ME A BAD CLOSING.

WILL BUY THE DVD COMPLETE SERIES THOUGHT. IT WAS A GREAT RIDE WITH MY KIDS SINCE THEY FIRST STARTED READING THE BOOKS BEFORE EVEN WORD OF A MOVIE WAS TALKED ABOUT.
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
12 years 8 months ago #17195

Replied by rtsurfer on topic Re: Lancer's Summer Movie Review: Today's Flick: HP7 Pt II (NO SPOILERS!!)

After reading a number of extremely positive comments online I was a bit disappointed. It is a very good movie and if you enjoyed the other HP films you should probably go see it.
The movie seems to drag at times and some scenes feel anti-climatic, but that could just be me and they did have to work with what was in print. The movie didn't really utilize 3D for the most part but when they did it was impressive.
The last transition makes the audience think the movie is over, this dark, silent pause is definitely too long and I think it disorients some people when the movie continues instead of rolling credits but that may be what they were going for.
"rtsurfer's two cent..." ;O)

rtsurfer's ROBOTECH archive
Last edit: 12 years 8 months ago by rtsurfer.
12 years 8 months ago #17197

• Lancer
  • Lancer's Avatar Topic Author
  • Academy Cadet
  • Academy Cadet
  • Robotech Guru Extraordinaire!

Replied by Lancer on topic Re: Lancer's Summer Movie Review: Today's Flick: HP7 Pt II (NO SPOILERS!!)

You also have to remember that the Movies in all followed the books about I'd say 80%...the Missing 20 is some of the stuff that people may not understand bcuz it was covered in the book but NOT the movie(s)
"Robotech is God...Robotech is Life"--I said this in the Shadow Chronicles DVD
12 years 8 months ago #17200

• Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re: Lancer's Summer Movie Review: Today's Flick: HP7 Pt II (NO SPOILERS!!)

IT'S NOT THAT LANCER.

TO ME I PRETTY MUCH UNDERSTOOD THE STORY WITHOUT READING THE BOOKS.

JUST THAT SOME PARTS COULD HAVE BEEN BETTER PLAYED OUT.
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
12 years 8 months ago #17212

Time to create page: 0.274 seconds