my computer is being fixed

• ds55
  • ds55's Avatar Topic Author
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master
  • Macross
  • Thank you received: 554

my computer is being fixed was created by ds55

:blink: I made the mistake of letting someone had automatic access to my laotop.
and they put a virus in it and when I wouldn't pay them the amount they wanted they erased my operating system,its being restored by son in law.. my daughter in law and he said Microsoft never calls you for anything un less you call them.

they said they could remove it for a big sum of money but it was really a scam.
Macross forever :D

#Biden not my President!
8 years 7 months ago #21430

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 573

Replied by Alpha Bravo on topic my computer is being fixed

Don't trust anybody's anything!

My father used my computer for a week, and I got it back full of viruses. Every one or two minutes a popup ad would appear claiming to be able to rid the computer of viruses, but clicking on it and signing up for it would make things worse, because the viruses themselves were creating the popup ads. Of course, he fell for this several times by the time I got it back.

Not only Microsoft, but never believe ANY email from your bank, or facebook, or anything, that is asking you to confirm your account and/or personal information before they will authorize to fix something that you didn't know was broken. There are just too many scams to list here, but there are some really tricky ones. If you're unsure about something, get on your phone and call the respective agency yourself and get confirmation that they are in fact trying to contact you for something.

Likewise, don't panic if you get an email from the FBI, or the IRS. Send those straight to the trash can. If the government was looking for you, they wouldn't need to send you an email.

AVG has a free version of their antivirus and firewall, Spybot Search & Destroy is a great malware/spyware removal tool. Zonealarm was nice when I used it, but I stopped once I started using AVG. Don't get Spysweeper, it is a fake program that will install more crap on your computer instead of ridding it. IObit also has some really nice free utilities available.

Lastly, never take your computer to a shop to get a "tune up", or any online service offering the same. All they will do is clean up junk files, trojans, viruses, and defrag your hard drive, all things that you can do yourself for free.

EDIT: I should mention, NEVER defrag an SSD (Solid State Drive). If you have one of those, your operating system should be the only thing on it. Save all of your personal files and folders to a secondary drive.
"Offers that are selected that the deposit paid the amount that we do not decide, or the pool, sipping mulled wine, and in addition you can play table tennis, there is one drawback, I do not have rights." - random spambot (translated)
The following user(s) said Thank You: ds55
Last edit: 8 years 7 months ago by Alpha Bravo.
8 years 7 months ago #21431

• Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic my computer is being fixed

NEVER HAD THOSE PROBLEMS BUT DID SEE SOME BOTS AROUND. I KEEP MOST OF MY STUFF IN SEPARATE HARD DRIVES AND JUST CLEAN WIPE MY COMPUTER THROUGH A FRIEND. PLUS I STAY AWAY FROM VIRUS PROBLEM SITES.

JUST SAFER THAT WAY I GUESS.

SORRY TO HEAR THAT DS.
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
8 years 7 months ago #21432

• ds55
  • ds55's Avatar Topic Author
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master
  • Macross
  • Thank you received: 554

Replied by ds55 on topic my computer is being fixed

thanks fellows :side:
its taking some time,my daughter in law is fixing it, learned the hard way.
Macross forever :D

#Biden not my President!
8 years 6 months ago #21449

• Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic my computer is being fixed

HEYT COOL.

JUST WENT ON A BATTLETECH PC GAME KICKSTARTER. WILL BE LOOKING INTO A GOOD GAMING COMPUTER SOON. NEED ONE ANYWAYS FOR THE STUFF ILL BE DOING.
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
8 years 6 months ago #21450

Time to create page: 0.401 seconds