NOTHING BUT RAIN OVER HERE.
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alpha Bravo
7 years 1 month ago #25085

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 573

Replied by Alpha Bravo on topic still here

54 degrees today!
"Offers that are selected that the deposit paid the amount that we do not decide, or the pool, sipping mulled wine, and in addition you can play table tennis, there is one drawback, I do not have rights." - random spambot (translated)
7 years 1 month ago #25087

• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master
  • Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy!
  • Thank you received: 947

Replied by LadyGrimes on topic still here

Bipolar warming going on here. Seriously.

Thank you @AB for my adorable new avatar! <3
7 years 1 month ago #25089

Windows 10 says it's going to get back down to 28 and snowing, so spring is over I guess
"Offers that are selected that the deposit paid the amount that we do not decide, or the pool, sipping mulled wine, and in addition you can play table tennis, there is one drawback, I do not have rights." - random spambot (translated)
The following user(s) said Thank You: LadyGrimes
7 years 1 month ago #25091

• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master

Alpha Bravo wrote: Windows 10 says it's going to get back down to 28 and snowing, so spring is over I guess

You have Windows 10? :sick: now I definitely feel bad for you. 10 is the absolute worst!

7 years 1 month ago #25093

LadyGrimes wrote:

Alpha Bravo wrote: Windows 10 says it's going to get back down to 28 and snowing, so spring is over I guess

You have Windows 10? :sick: now I definitely feel bad for you. 10 is the absolute worst!

No way man! Windows 10 removes the old redundant RAM limitation from previous versions, which is a godsend for PC Master Race gaming.

As an example, I'll liken it to Y2K. Remember that shit? People thought planes were going to fall from the sky, street lights would shut off, bank credits would turn into debits, economic, industrial, and societal chaos, and all because computers only looked at the last 2 digits of the year, so 2000 would be read as 00 and return invalid or some junk. (And then nothing happened). Well that whole thing was an oversight, and computers no longer do that.

Same thing with RAM, your computer assigns data to a RAM location, but only up to a certain point. Like suppose you had 2048MB of RAM or something. Then you installed a physical upgrade that doubled your physical RAM capacity up to 4096. That would make absolutely no difference in your computer's performance, because everything past 2048 rolled over and got reassigned. I don't know the exact figures, but you get the idea right? Like Y2K, this was an oversight, one which Windows 10 computers no longer have.
The following user(s) said Thank You: LadyGrimes
7 years 1 month ago #25095

• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master

Alpha Bravo wrote:

LadyGrimes wrote:

No way man! Windows 10 removes the old redundant RAM limitation from previous versions, which is a godsend for PC Master Race gaming.

As an example, I'll liken it to Y2K. Remember that shit? People thought planes were going to fall from the sky, street lights would shut off, bank credits would turn into debits, economic, industrial, and societal chaos, and all because computers only looked at the last 2 digits of the year, so 2000 would be read as 00 and return invalid or some junk. (And then nothing happened). Well that whole thing was an oversight, and computers no longer do that.

Same thing with RAM, your computer assigns data to a RAM location, but only up to a certain point. Like suppose you had 2048MB of RAM or something. Then you installed a physical upgrade that doubled your physical RAM capacity up to 4096. That would make absolutely no difference in your computer's performance, because everything past 2048 rolled over and got reassigned. I don't know the exact figures, but you get the idea right? Like Y2K, this was an oversight, one which Windows 10 computers no longer have.

Oh yes I do remember Y2K lol and also fuckin 2012 fears too. Only difference was on new years eve it started snowing and didn't stop after midnight or the next day, or the next, just kept snowing and a bunch of us thought it was the beginning of a new ice age lmao.

But on the other hand I'm glad you find Windows 10 to be decent, cause I've heard nothing but bad things since it came out. I still have fuckin Windows Vista on this dinosaur and on my other faptop Windows 8 which I hated at first but slowly got used to <3

7 years 1 month ago #25097

• ds55
  • ds55's Avatar Topic Author
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master
  • Macross
  • Thank you received: 554

Replied by ds55 on topic still here

Well warm and cold off and on. The grandson is finally started working. House refurbishing.
Macross forever :D

#Biden not my President!
The following user(s) said Thank You: LadyGrimes, Alpha Bravo
7 years 1 month ago #25103

• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master

Aww that's good news. Glad you're back btw <3