some people only have a head to keep their ears apart

• Peter Young
  • Topic Author
  • Academy Cadet
  • Academy Cadet
  • Thank you received: 96

some people only have a head to keep their ears apart was created by Peter Young

Just like to get a small inconvenience of my chest.

At the moment I'm only parttime employed in my own field, so I decided to work two days a week as a mail deliverer. Used to be my Saturday job as a student. Always liked it. Still do, actually. I find the walking a pleasant counter-weight for my other desk-bound activities.

Apparently I had delivered something at the right number in the wrong street a week ago. My bad, hate it when that happens, personal and professional pride etc.

The complainer had filled in the form on the website and it got forwarded to me. So I had the mispleasure of actually reading the nowadays typical way of expressing one's mispleasure via digital forms of communication.

It annoys me, because about a month ago, right before that adress, right before the front door, there was a scaffolding. Mail deliverers are allowed to return mail if a mailbox is full or otherwise blocked, but being old school, I actually bothered to step through it and put the mail in.

And I cannot help but wonder how the person who made the complaint would feel if someone had responded in a similar way to him after making a mistake.
6 years 5 months ago #26352

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• SIGHUP
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Admin this!
  • Thank you received: 32

Replied by SIGHUP on topic some people only have a head to keep their ears apart

People make mistakes, it happens. Move on.
--David Pena
SIGHUP
www.robotechx.com - a fandom based site | RIP Carl Macek (1951-2010)
6 years 5 months ago #26356

• Thank you received: 65

Replied by focusfate on topic some people only have a head to keep their ears apart

Don't get too hung up on it. Think of it this way; that's just one mess up out of how many successful mail deliveries you've made? Don't beat yourself up over it. You're clearly very good at what you do.
---
"Listen, if you put Bossk on a Segway, you're gonna sell records!"
6 years 4 months ago #26392

Time to create page: 0.244 seconds