Google Map's Street View feature

• LadyGrimes
  • LadyGrimes's Avatar Topic Author
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master
  • Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy!
  • Thank you received: 947

Google Map's Street View feature was created by LadyGrimes

I didn't hear about this till I checked the DA complaints forum (another hangout of mine) and there was a complaint about the google camera and how its taken pictures of streets and.....houses
that's right houses
you can actually see your own house on google maps's street view.
Because I did a search of my home and sure enough here it is

This is the front view of my neighbors house :X I'm located right behind them
and I've even circled my area for all your viewing pleasure.

Now some people are arguing over the fact that it's a violation of privacy, but what do you guys think?
Since finding my own location I decided to look up the addresses of my old homes and sure enough they're there too.
While this could prove to be useful, it could also prove to be a bad idea, especially if say... some stranger has gotten your info and wants to look up your location and see what your home looks like?

I suggest looking for yourselves so you can so if you're there too, not every house is, thankfully. My great-grandparents house wasn't there so maybe there is hope for some. Also I don't know if this is possible, but maybe you can request to have it removed? I don't know, haven't found anything on it.

anyways just have a look for yourselves, some get lucky and their houses are hidden behind trees like mine :woohoo:
also I don't care if anyone stalks my neighbors LOL I hate them enough as it is...bastards always raising the heating and electric :( plus their basement is located directly below my bedroom... so I lose a lot of sleep when they have parties down there.

Thank you @AB for my adorable new avatar! <3
15 years 2 weeks ago #3421

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Last_Valk_Standing
  • REF Member
  • REF Member
  • SDF-1 Shellback
  • Thank you received: 2

Replied by Last_Valk_Standing on topic Re:Google Map's Street View feature

Yeah i've known about that function for awhile. I have the Google earth myself. I don't think it really matters personally if a pic of my home is on there. as it is i can see my car infront of my trailer from the sat veiw. i doubt they will send the cam Van through my neighborhood though since i'm in a trailer park.:blush: I suppose everyone has an opinion and i'm also sure Google has lawyers lookin into it so who knows, perhaps they will nix the function.
Co-Commander, Vulture Flight 59th Combined Tactical Operations Group (Gamma Wing)

Member of AkL
Huge fan of Attention On Deck website.

Official Reporter for MNN (Macross News Network LOL)
15 years 2 weeks ago #3426

• LadyGrimes
  • LadyGrimes's Avatar Topic Author
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master
  • Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy!
  • Thank you received: 947

Replied by LadyGrimes on topic Re:Google Map's Street View feature

Well it appears you can have your house's image removed, which is good, though I don't need to do that since I'm not even in the front haha
But still I think google only does things like this because they can!
Next thing you know they'll be bustin down our doors taking pictures of the inside and the people who live there

Thank you @AB for my adorable new avatar! <3
15 years 1 week ago #3428

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by HashiNoUsagi on topic Re:Google Map's Street View feature

I don't have any problems with the pictures of the houses, but the pictures that include people can be troublesome. I live in a loft in an old converted 13 story office building. So it doesn't matter if I was in the picture, but if the picture showed me in front of a house I lived in I would be concerned. I don't like having my pictures on the web in general.
Hasn't done anything stupid enough to get banned from any forum.....yet.
15 years 1 week ago #3442

Time to create page: 0.430 seconds