• LadyGrimes
  • LadyGrimes's Avatar Topic Author
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master
  • Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy!
  • Thank you received: 947

wtf is wrong with humanity these days? was created by LadyGrimes

Girl Forced to Help Killer, Police Say

MEMPHIS, Tenn. (April 27) - A young girl who told police her father forced her to help as he cut up her mother's body with an electric saw said she could only look away when the head fell to the floor.
The girl is the chief witness against James Hawkins, 31, a prison parolee charged with first-degree murder in the death of Charlene Gaither, 28, a longtime companion with whom he had three children. His trial is scheduled for September and prosecutors are seeking the death penalty.

Police say Gaither was killed in February 2008 at the apartment she shared with Hawkins, their then 12-year-old daughter, Keyuna Thomas, and two boys, ages 9 and 11.
Keyuna, now 13, told police she saw Hawkins stab her mother in the neck with a knife and then strangle her after she threatened to call police during an argument.

The girl told police her father forced her to help as he cut up the body a day after the killing.
Hawkins denies killing Gaither, but police say he acknowledged dumping her body along a rural highway after severing her head, hands and feet.

"We hope to establish that he, in fact, gave no statement," said defense lawyer Larry Nance. "That's his position, that he didn't say that."
But prosecutors say Hawkins, who had filed a missing person report on Gaither, blurted out to police that he had disposed of her body.

Death is too good for this sick individual, I think rotting in prison for the rest of his days would be a better idea.

And right now I can't help but feel for the girl who had to go through all of this, shes never going to be the same again, I know I wouldn't. :|

discuss = do you think the death penalty is the right punishment? Cause I sure don't.......

*sigh* sometimes I wish the world would end

Thank you @AB for my adorable new avatar! <3
14 years 11 months ago #3750

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• SIGHUP
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Admin this!
  • Thank you received: 32

Replied by SIGHUP on topic Re:wtf is wrong with humanity these days?

I dislike capital punishment, its too easy.

They should be donated to science. Testing for cancer, AIDS or even pig flu. Not sure how the specifics would work, I'd imagine it would be very difficult.

But humanity has always done crazy shit. People say that its worse than it was before, I say it is the same.

Crime inflation? Same concept as money. Nevertheless its NOT an excuse and this sort of thing should NEVER happen.

And these aren't your neighbors right?
--David Pena
SIGHUP
www.robotechx.com - a fandom based site | RIP Carl Macek (1951-2010)
Last edit: 14 years 11 months ago by SIGHUP. Reason: More to comment
14 years 11 months ago #3751

• LadyGrimes
  • LadyGrimes's Avatar Topic Author
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master
  • Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy!
  • Thank you received: 947

Replied by LadyGrimes on topic Re:wtf is wrong with humanity these days?

SIGHUP wrote:

I dislike capital punishment, its too easy.

They should be donated to science. Testing for cancer, AIDS or even pig flu. Not sure how the specifics would work, I'd imagine it would be very difficult.

But humanity has always done crazy shit. People say that its worse than it was before, I say it is the same.

Crime inflation? Same concept as money. Nevertheless its NOT an excuse and this sort of thing should NEVER happen.

And these aren't your neighbors right?

You're right it is the same, only now we actually hear about it!
and no it's not my neighbors, they're lazy remember? They won't even take out their trash, you think they would get rid of a body?

Thank you @AB for my adorable new avatar! <3
14 years 11 months ago #3752

• SIGHUP
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Admin this!
  • Thank you received: 32

Replied by SIGHUP on topic Re:wtf is wrong with humanity these days?

Ha! So true!
--David Pena
SIGHUP
www.robotechx.com - a fandom based site | RIP Carl Macek (1951-2010)
14 years 11 months ago #3760

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by drex-1 on topic Re:wtf is wrong with humanity these days?

I tend to agree,the death penalty it to good for the sack of garbage,I think a better way to deal with him is to send him to Afganistan and let him be the guy who finds the IED,it would serve two purposes,get rid of the trash and maybe save a life in the process.
LT Commander
VF-200 Demon Shadow Squadron

Demon Shadow 3
Call Sign...Silent Death

VF-751 Black Flame
14 years 11 months ago #3770

• Last_Valk_Standing
  • REF Member
  • REF Member
  • SDF-1 Shellback
  • Thank you received: 2

Replied by Last_Valk_Standing on topic Re:wtf is wrong with humanity these days?

In some cases Death Is too easy a cop out for what the crimes are. There are some cases Where i occationally do agree with capital punishment but they are very rare. In this case i think some Middle Eastern Justice would do. Cut off some fingers and toes and Castrate him and make him watch the Wiggles everyday for the rest of his life. Much more grusome them death.:angry:
Co-Commander, Vulture Flight 59th Combined Tactical Operations Group (Gamma Wing)

Member of AkL
Huge fan of Attention On Deck website.

Official Reporter for MNN (Macross News Network LOL)
14 years 11 months ago #3774

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by thatjimboguy on topic Re:wtf is wrong with humanity these days?

I hate hearing about crap like this. My heart goes out to that poor girl. I can't believe someone would put their kid through that. In a country where cruel and unusual punishment is banned though, death is the closest thing we can give this guy to what he deserves.
14 years 11 months ago #3845

Time to create page: 0.488 seconds