ORIGINS OF YOUR COUNTRY

• MEMO1DOMINION
  • MEMO1DOMINION's Avatar Topic Author
  • Commander
  • Commander
  • Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re:AMERICA....

HashiNoUsagi

I never understood why the US was considered America, when there were other countries in North and South America. It just feels wrong to me, like the US took the name.

YOU HAVE TO THINK OF IT THE OTHER WAY AROUND....
MOST COUTRYS LIKE MEXICO AND BELLOW ALREADY HAVE THEIR NAME PRIOR TO TEH EUROPE CONOLIZATION. SO THERE WAS NO NEED TO CHANGE NAMES.. THEY MOSTLY KEEPT THEIR ORIGIN NAME FOR THEIR COUNTRY. EXAMPLE MEXICO.. IS DIRVED FROM ITS ORIGIN NAME MEXICA OR BEST SAID ME-"SHE"-CA.

AMERICA, THE U.S.A. DURING ITS COLONIZATION ALMOST COMPLETELY WIPED OUT ENOUGH OF ITS ORIGINAL PEOPLE THAT A NEW NAME STUCK. UNLIKE THAT OF THE SOUTHERN COUNTRYS WHERE INTERMIX COLTURES HAPPENED. ENGLISH WERE MORE BRUTAL THAN SPANIARDS..

WICH ANSWERS THIS QUESTION...

Where is Japan do they refer to Americans as Yankees? I thought the term Yankee was just used for the corrupted youth there.

AS AMERICAN WAS BORN IT WAS CONSIDERED A REBELIOUS COUNTRY FROM THE GET GO COMPARED TO THE REST OF THE WORLD. THE REST OF THE WORLD WERE ALREADY DEVELPOED AND HAD MORE "CLASST" THAN THE NEW TEENAGER IN THE BLOCK. ALWAYS PICKING FIGHS AND WANTING MORE AND EXPRESING A NEW WESTERN IDIOLOGY.....

THE TERM.. YANKEE.. OR AMERICAN. BOTH WAYS ARE USED.
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
Last edit: 14 years 10 months ago by MEMO1DOMINION.
14 years 10 months ago #4177

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• MEMO1DOMINION
  • Commander
  • Commander

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re:ORIGINS OF YOUR COUNTRY

TO ADD..

FROM THE BORDER SOUTH, THROUGH T.V. AND SCHOOLS AND NEWS MEDIA HAVE LITTLE BY LITTLE TAKEN EVERYTHING OUT OF THE AMERICAN COUNTRY.. TO THE POINT IS MOSTLY ABRIVIATED AS EE.UU. OR A COUNTRY WITHOUT A NAME. AS WE SHARE THIS SIDE OF THE "AMERICAN" CONTINENTE, IT HAS ALWAYS BEEN TOUGHT THAT, DO TO AMERICA, THE REST OF THE COUNTRYS IN THE CONTINENT ARE SUFFERING BECOUSE IN A POLITICAL WAY HAVE MONIPULATED THEIR SUCCES.. YOU KNOW, TAKEN THEIR LAND, GOLD, AND NOT SHARING.

CONSIDERING AS WELL THAT GOVERNMENTS OF SAID COUNTRYS WILL BLAME AMERICA, OR THE EE.UU. AS THEY SEE IT, THEIR DEMISE OR PROBLEMS BECOUSE AMERICANS ALWAYS INTERFEAR IN THEIR AFFAIRS.

EVEN SCHOOLS TODAY HERE IN AMERICA LITTLE BY LITTLE ARE STARTING TO ADOPT THESE SAME IDIOLOGYS.

HECK, I WAS TOUGHT I WAS MEXICAN AND IN PAPER TO SIGN "MEXICAN ORIGIN. BUT ASK MEXICO AND THEY WILL SAY "YOU NOT MEXICAN".. LEARN THAT FAST WHEN I TRAVLED FIRST TIME TO MEXICO CITY AND WAS ASKED MY ORIGIN. NOT BORN IN MEXICO.. NOT MEXICAN. ACCORDING TO THEIR LAWS.

:huh:
Last edit: 14 years 10 months ago by MEMO1DOMINION.
14 years 10 months ago #4178

• SIGHUP
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Admin this!
  • Thank you received: 32

Replied by SIGHUP on topic Re:ORIGINS OF YOUR COUNTRY

Just remember how this great country was formed? What did the Natives call it before colonization and you'll get your real name there. The country WAS stolen from the Native people of the land. It was settled into.
--David Pena
SIGHUP
www.robotechx.com - a fandom based site | RIP Carl Macek (1951-2010)
14 years 10 months ago #4181

• MEMO1DOMINION
  • Commander
  • Commander

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re:ORIGINS OF YOUR COUNTRY

YOU RIGHT SIGH...

THE TREATIES BETWEEN THE INDIANS WERE USUALLY MADE BY QUAKERS AND TRIBES. WAS THE AMERICAN YANKEE THAT PUSHED THE ISSUE.. EVEN CONGRESS AND THE WHITE HOUSE WANTED EXPANSION FROM SEA TO SEA BEFORE FRANCE, SPAIN OR BRITAIN DID IT THEMSLEFS.

WHY THE FIRST AMERICANS BROKE THESE TREATIES AND MOVED WESTWARD AND THROUGH GOVERNMENT ESTABLISHED NEW LAWS ESPECIALLY THE DISBANING OF TRIBES.

IN THE END WE GOT WHAT WE GOT... SAD TO SAY FOR THE INDIANS..
14 years 10 months ago #4183

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by sanman on topic Re:ORIGINS OF YOUR COUNTRY

I'm born and raised here in Canada, but if you're talking about country of ethnic origin, that would be India.

I think that one of the cooler things about Robotech, is that it's been translated into so many different languages, giving a local flavour and appeal in so many markets around the world.
14 years 8 months ago #4602

• khoroshen
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Niin on aatos miunki vappaa
  • Thank you received: 1

Replied by khoroshen on topic Re:ORIGINS OF YOUR COUNTRY

We often say Americants, :p I know some swap the a for a u, but not me.

To me, America(US of.) has always been the 126th County(state) of the UK, and IT ALWAYS WILL BE! :p

As for Latin America, well, They have always had their own identity long before they were pushed into becoming 'South America' I think distancing America from the North was at its hight in the late 50's mid 60's when you had a large portion of inner conflicts with Latin nations, which was then fueled(for good or bad) by Che who kept explaining his visionary dream of making a "Unified Americas", excluding the Capitalist North.

But the origin is what you make of it. Sure you have the facts, the legends, and the folklore, but you should take on board what the nation has done and what the people have/are contributing. The USA is still one of the youngest formed nations. Theres still lots of time to do something spectacular. Maybe you will be the generation to do it.
14 years 8 months ago #4603

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by Aurora-Sterling on topic Re:ORIGINS OF YOUR COUNTRY

por lo que entiendo del topic, hay razón en lo que dice Memo.

Los EUA han llamado por años "America" a su territorio cuando en realidad America es TODO EL CONTINENTE, por lo tanto a mucha gente nos desagrada que use ese termino. "America" se usa para designar a las distintas regiones del continete Norte, Central y Sur; así que todos seriamos Americanos porque compartimos la misma tierra.

Y lo referente a tu comentario Memo. Según la Ley en México se considera mexicano a aquel individuo nacido de padre o madre mexicano(a) o si naciste en Mexico, tambien por naturalizacion, osea, permanecer mas de 2 años en el país y estar integrado a la cultura e historia de éste.

Pero, apesar de que uno de tus padres es mexicano, puedes realiar este tramite en la embajada de tu localidad.... pero es otra historia. :dry:
Last edit: 14 years 8 months ago by Aurora-Sterling.
14 years 8 months ago #4653

Time to create page: 0.474 seconds