ORIGINS OF YOUR COUNTRY

• MEMO1DOMINION
  • MEMO1DOMINION's Avatar Topic Author
  • Commander
  • Commander
  • Thank you received: 114

ORIGINS OF YOUR COUNTRY was created by MEMO1DOMINION

WELL, SAD BUT TRU, AMERICA AS A COUNTRY DOES NOT EXIST FROM THE MEXICAN BORDER TO THE TIP OF SOUTH AMERICA..
AS A NAME.

IT IS TAUGHT AND NEWS CAST AS EEUU OR ESTADOS UNIDOS (UNITED STATES).BUT THAT THERE ARE TWO AMERICA'S, THE NORTHERN AMERICA CONTINENT AND SOUTHERN AMERICAN CONTINENT.
BUT TO ALL, AMERICA AS A COUNTRY, DOES NOT EXIST.

BUT WAIT, THE REST OF THE WORLD, OUR ENEMY'S, THE TALIBAN, AND DURRING WARS, WE ARE THE "AMERICANS" AND ARE RECOGNIZE BY OUR COUNTRY..WHEN I TRAVEL OVERSEAS, I AM AN AMERICAN AND RECOGNIZED AS ONE. EVEN THE OLD MIGHTY DOLLAR HAS AMERICA ON IT.

BUT FOR SOME REASON.. LATIN AMERICA DOES NOT RECOGNIZE IT.

I AM AN AMERICAN, AND PROUD OF IT. DID MY TIME IN WAR AND FAUGHT UNDER THE AMERICAN FLAG. I PLEDGE ALLIGANCE.. ADN LOVE WHAT THIS COUNTRY HAS TO OFFER.

BECOUSE I AM AN AMERICAN
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
Last edit: 14 years 10 months ago by MEMO1DOMINION.
14 years 10 months ago #4102

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• SIGHUP
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Admin this!
  • Thank you received: 32

Replied by SIGHUP on topic Re:AMERICA....

Curious. Where did this come from?

Actually its a Worldly view. The entire world knows this country as THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA. AMERICA is a continent North and South, just like Europe and Asia.

So technically we should be called United-Statians.

Read a little about Manifest Destiny and you'll probably see why Latin America doesn't consider the US, "America."

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manifest_Destiny
--David Pena
SIGHUP
www.robotechx.com - a fandom based site | RIP Carl Macek (1951-2010)
14 years 10 months ago #4108

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by panzertank on topic Re:AMERICA....

Well over the pond it`s the same for Great Britain to Europe.Ask most Britons & they`ll say they ain`t from Europe. The Island mentallity is a wonderful thing LOL

As for the America`s,well when ref to the the US of A,i use that,for south of the boarder it`s South America. For Canada well they be their own nation so that`s the Great white North :D

That`s my description of the 3 sections that make up the AMERICAS.

Tho for any person who has Served their Nation,all citizens ahould be grateful & most cert you SHOULD be proud Memo1.
14 years 10 months ago #4109

• MEMO1DOMINION
  • Commander
  • Commander

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re:AMERICA....

WOW, I FORGOT ABOUT THAT. I MEET SOME BRIT'S BACK IN THE SANDLOT DURNING THE FIRST WAR AND THEY TOLDME BOUT IT.

HEHEHE
14 years 10 months ago #4112

• Last_Valk_Standing
  • REF Member
  • REF Member
  • SDF-1 Shellback
  • Thank you received: 2

Replied by Last_Valk_Standing on topic Re:AMERICA....

Well even with in the States you get that. I was born in Montana but as i currently reside in and for atleast half my life lived in NY i'm called a Yankee if i head south. Actually it's kindof annoying. Montana wasn't even created yet during the war so it's not correct. Locals here don't concider me to be a True New Yorker either so i'm with out a state so to speak LOL!!!

When i was in the service my best friend was from TX. He really didn't believe me that outside the US all US citizens are called Yanks. Boy was he in for a surprise in Japan LOL!!

for the record i've actually lived about equally between north and south so it's all too funny.
Co-Commander, Vulture Flight 59th Combined Tactical Operations Group (Gamma Wing)

Member of AkL
Huge fan of Attention On Deck website.

Official Reporter for MNN (Macross News Network LOL)
14 years 10 months ago #4125

• MEMO1DOMINION
  • Commander
  • Commander

NICE STORY...

IN TH ESOUTH OF TEH BORDER MEXICAN AMERICAN ARE CALLED "POCHO'S"...

DONT KNOW WHAT IT MEANS...
:huh:
14 years 10 months ago #4127

Replied by drex-1 on topic Re:AMERICA....

Hey Memo, just for the record, we here up in Canada refer to you as an American, on some days, depending on crossing the boarder there are a few other things as well,lol and truth be told,the only thing that makes us different is an imaginary boarder and the right to bear arms. Oh ya , by the way, its not the great white north and honestly it really pisses off most Canadians when coments are tossed out about our country like that.I served as well and we take offense to that as well as you do to comments on the USA , and panzertank, no hard feelings.
LT Commander
VF-200 Demon Shadow Squadron

Demon Shadow 3
Call Sign...Silent Death

VF-751 Black Flame
14 years 10 months ago #4144

• MEMO1DOMINION
  • Commander
  • Commander

I HEAR YA MAN.. ONLY THING I KNEW MUCH ABOUT CANADA WAS THROUGH A MOVIE CALLED "STRANGE BREW"

FUNNY THAT THE SAY "AY" A LOT

NOT TILL I MET CANADIANS IN THE DESSERT THAT I WAS LIKE.."DUDE.. STRANGE BREW"

WAS NOT FUNNY FOR THEM..

HEHEHE
14 years 10 months ago #4150

Replied by panzertank on topic Re:AMERICA....

Drex none taken mate. We all have nicknames for areas.That they are actually accurate & the Nationals of said nation agree,well no (case in point here LOL).
One of my fav`s for this sort of thing is How Switzerland got it`s name from the Landsknechts. Talk about taking a proposed insult & creating a Nation from it.
Last edit: 14 years 10 months ago by panzertank.
14 years 10 months ago #4153

Replied by HashiNoUsagi on topic Re:AMERICA....

Isn't it common for countries to be called differently in their native languages than abroad? It's like how Japan doesn't call themselves Japan.

I never understood why the US was considered America, when there were other countries in North and South America. It just feels wrong to me, like the US took the name.

Last_Valk- Where is Japan do they refer to Americans as Yankees? I thought the term Yankee was just used for the corrupted youth there.
Hasn't done anything stupid enough to get banned from any forum.....yet.
14 years 10 months ago #4172

Time to create page: 0.415 seconds