Video game styles you like

• Adam1589
  • Adam1589's Avatar Topic Author
  • Micronian
  • Micronian
  • Thank you received: 0

Video game styles you like was created by Adam1589

(rant topic)

Have you palyed on video game you jsut LOVED, the abttle system, the weapons relationships, the customizational features, so on?

for me, that game is Fire Emblem...but that game is not all about the turns like everybody says, instead it's all about level, and stats...

but why do i like FE so much? well...lets see if i can sum t up

1 - the various Character you get, i ususally try for all the characters in the game and keep them alive, however...soemtimes (like first palytroughs) i power trough paying attention to story, then focus on each character, and each time i replay, my team is different, so i try out each and every character given
---result: a fun replayability factor

2 - class change changes the character clothes, even though each member of a cratian class often looks exactly the same as the next person, the uniqueness of the character relly comes out when you apply weapon levels and 'custom weapons'

3 - Custom-make weapons, these arent in each fire emblem, but they come in handy in the games they are in...like PATH OF RADIANCE & RADIANT DAWN, these two specific gaems were made popular by SSBB including IKE, but these two games include a create-you-rown-weapon feature, ocne achapter of course, but most oft the weapon you jsut madelasts until 10 chapters later
---result: more replayability if you look right and combined with using each characterin a different playthrough, massive treplay capabality

3 - DS-version S-dragon's Reclass, take dear ole Norne, a femme fatale of a 'archer' you get if you meet a condition and then change her into a 'pegasus knight', or get WOlf, andover-pwoered reaper of enemies who begins as a 'horseman' and make him a 'general'
---jsut a few options that in honest truth, makes tons, and tns, andtons of replay

4 - SACRED STONES' had a world map and two heros, a male and afemael, you begin as the female but then get to chose who your leader is after a certain point, also this game doenst have much in terms of replay because with the right choices made in-game, you can promote, and then max out EVERYBODY in it in one file, but this game was fun as it ahd a ttraverseable world map...but it had 'rare' weapons useable by msot others Charas, so no matter who was worked on, you can chose your team from them all
---a knockback of reply, but still, you get the essence of 'final boos' battle with different people, , as this 'final boos' is weak agaisnt these given 'rare weapons'

so...now i've given my worthless words of rant-ness, so what's the gae you'll rant about, and then of course, rant it out loud...i wanna hear it!
---i have elft for good....and no kaiba i am not coming back even if yo udid beg...
14 years 9 months ago #4293

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Replied by HashiNoUsagi on topic Re:Video game styles you like

One of my favorite games is FFIX, but I wouldn't consider everything it in the best out there. The story is great and you learn to love most of the main characters. They almost all have their own little stories. There were certainly issues with the game because it was far from perfect. I doubt there will ever be a game that is perfect to me.

I think I own one or two of the Fire Emblem games, but now that I think about it I don't think I've actually played any of them.

Two other games I really enjoyed that aren't obvious choices are Jet Set Radio/Jet Grind Radio and Drakengard. Overall JSR was a great game to me. It took a while for me to get used to the mechnics, but once I did it was a lot of fun. The music was a lot of the fun and the story and game play was silly, but very fun. Drakengard was dark and I just loved killing people off. The game was hard to get all of the endings and the dragon flying parts could have been tweaked to work better. Despite that I seemed to enjoy the game anyways.
Hasn't done anything stupid enough to get banned from any forum.....yet.
14 years 9 months ago #4298

Replied by sanman on topic Re:Video game styles you like

I happen to like the amazing customizability on The Conduit, which I recently bought for the Wii. I also just bought Sports Resort, and am having a ball playing that. I enjoy lightgun games in general, and was a big fan of the Time Crisis games.

14 years 8 months ago #4764

• SIGHUP
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Admin this!
  • Thank you received: 32

Replied by SIGHUP on topic Re:Video game styles you like

FORZA MOTORSPORTS 2 for me. I'm into racing games. I do like Grand Turismo X.X but no PS only XBOX here.
--David Pena
SIGHUP
www.robotechx.com - a fandom based site | RIP Carl Macek (1951-2010)
14 years 8 months ago #4767

• Lobizon
  • REF Member
  • REF Member
  • Bounty Hunter! =☠=
  • Thank you received: 4

Replied by Lobizon on topic Re:Video game styles you like

SIGHUP wrote:

I'm into racing games.

Me too, GRID rabid player here :laugh:

only XBOX here.

Booo!!! David (j/k);) PS3 here
14 years 8 months ago #4769

• Last_Valk_Standing
  • REF Member
  • REF Member
  • SDF-1 Shellback
  • Thank you received: 2

Replied by Last_Valk_Standing on topic Re:Video game styles you like

I'm a RTS and Sim fanatic. Love me some war games, so many good ones out there. I rather play FPS then a third person but DEAD SPACE Is WAY too good to let this stop me! I will never be able to get enough of that game!

I only have a regular XBox so i'm limited to Forza Motorsports 1 on my Xbox. But on PS2 i'm kinda obsessed with Gran Turismo and i'm drooling over GT5 already. EA's NASCAR exclusivity is over and GT5 is adding massive NASCAR portion into it. As well as the original Papyrus crew is also getting into it and making a comeback into the NASCAR gameing world(launches out of chair in exultation) oh i can't wait :D
Co-Commander, Vulture Flight 59th Combined Tactical Operations Group (Gamma Wing)

Member of AkL
Huge fan of Attention On Deck website.

Official Reporter for MNN (Macross News Network LOL)
Last edit: 14 years 8 months ago by Last_Valk_Standing.
14 years 8 months ago #4771

• Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re:Video game styles you like

INTO ANYTHING

ROLE, RACING, FIGHTER GAMES, POKEMON AS WEL...

OK...KIDS HAVE ME PLAYING THAT LAST ONE :(
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
14 years 8 months ago #4772

Replied by Thoth-Amon on topic Re:Video game styles you like

Any game with zombies, not that all are "good" games. Racing games are great too, but a RTS game with strategy will keep my interest for a long time.
14 years 8 months ago #4790

• Last_Valk_Standing
  • REF Member
  • REF Member
  • SDF-1 Shellback
  • Thank you received: 2

Replied by Last_Valk_Standing on topic Re:Video game styles you like

Hey MEMO, at least you have an excuse. I was in the target age range when the first games came out for Pokemon. I still have my Pokemon Blue and still occationally play it Lol
Co-Commander, Vulture Flight 59th Combined Tactical Operations Group (Gamma Wing)

Member of AkL
Huge fan of Attention On Deck website.

Official Reporter for MNN (Macross News Network LOL)
14 years 8 months ago #4793

Time to create page: 0.356 seconds