What are U a fan off? The Animation or the Comp.

• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master
  • Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy!
  • Thank you received: 947

Replied by LadyGrimes on topic Re:What are U a fan off? The Animation or the Comp

you...........................Die!!!!!!!

I'm just kidding

Thank you @AB for my adorable new avatar! <3
Last edit: 14 years 6 months ago by MEMO1DOMINION.
14 years 6 months ago #6651

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13

Replied by Protoculture on topic Re:What are U a fan off? The Animation or the Comp.

I'm a Macross & Mospeada fan 1st, RT fan 2nd.

Its easy, I watched SDF: Macross & GC: Mospeda before RT ever aired in my country.

So I don't have the ultimate westerner wannabe-otaku gaijin's feud as evidenced by BW vs HG/Tats hangups by many Macrossies & ignorant RT fans.

My foray into RT was simply I thought RT was the English-version of my fav nostalgia-laden original SDFM & Mospeada, but boy, was I ever wrong.

When I found differences between original anime
series & RT incarnations, I were able to appreciate both series without much hassles, in fact, after being introduced to RT, I becoming a truer fan for Macross franchise by seeking every incarnation of the Macross series.

I even able to appreciate & even became a McKinneyist (GASP! ) for a while due to the dearth of RT materials in mid 1990s save for the RT novelisation with numerous reprintings.

I credited RT for my rekindling interest to Macross & Mospeada, making me discovering great series like Megazone 23 & SDC Orguss.

I evolved from casual fan to passionate, hardcore purist, & currently back as casual fan once more in regards to RT.

For whatever reasons, while RTSC is certainly mediocre, I actually supported current HG direction of taking away Macross influence from future RT productions. Sure, HG pimped Mospeada designs, but as long RT can escaped its Macross shadows, the better.

For all likelihood, the more viable option short of rebooting RT-verse post RTLAM, is Tatsunoko funding a new GC Mospeada II sequel (new series or OAVs), while HG re-edited & shoe-horned that series as brand new RT series to conclude the 'classic' RT & RTSC once & for all.
14 years 6 months ago #6652

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.234 seconds