PLAYING FOR PEACE: Stand by Me

• SIGHUP
  • SIGHUP's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Admin this!
  • Thank you received: 32

PLAYING FOR PEACE: Stand by Me was created by SIGHUP

Musicians from around the world perform an amazing rendition of "Stand By Me" in the new PBS special PLAYING FOR CHANGE: PEACE THROUGH MUSIC.

Playing for Change is a multimedia effort to unite musicians and vocalists from diverse parts of the globe while seeking to immerse audiences in a movement to inspire, connect and bring peace to the world through music. Using mobile audio/video units, technicians traveled the world, recording local musicians outdoors in towns and cities worldwide. In addition, musicians from all over the world are now brought together to perform benefit concerts that build music and art schools in communities in need. The special premieres August 1 and airs throughout August 2009 on most PBS stations. Check local listings for dates and times in your area at pbs.org. You can help PBS continue to offer everyone — from every walk of life — the opportunity to experience amazing performances and explore new ideas through television and online content. To donate, please visit www.pbs.org/support

Posting this before I forget, this was just awesome when I first saw it on PBS, share here with you guys.
--David Pena
SIGHUP
www.robotechx.com - a fandom based site | RIP Carl Macek (1951-2010)
14 years 5 months ago #7477

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.252 seconds