Robotech’ is back with a new 20-disc collectable set

• Lobizon
  • Lobizon's Avatar Topic Author
  • REF Member
  • REF Member
  • Bounty Hunter! =☠=
  • Thank you received: 4

Robotech’ is back with a new 20-disc collectable set was created by Lobizon

On November 5, 2013, Lionsgate is releasing a 20-disc collectable set featuring the complete Robotech® series, two feature-length movies and tons of bonus content!

www.cityonfire.com/robotech-is-back-with...isc-collectable-set/

10 years 7 months ago #20649

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by Richardmvela on topic Re: Robotech’ is back with a new 20-disc collectable set

Resisting Gravity's Pull on Our Souls!
10 years 7 months ago #20650

• Thank you received: 1

Replied by herobot on topic Re: Robotech’ is back with a new 20-disc collectable set

This is not the first time they used this fan art for Robotech products.so I think they paid for it.
You can find this fan art in the Chinese version of Robotech Love and Wars TPB whcih RTUCN worked with Tommy Yune in 2011
10 years 7 months ago #20651

• Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re: Robotech’ is back with a new 20-disc collectable set

SKIPPING THIS SALE.

MY LEGACY IS STILL HOLDING STRONG.

WON'T BE LONG BEFORE THERE IS ANOTHER SUPER BOX SET.
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
10 years 7 months ago #20652

• MIlkManX
  • Academy Cadet
  • Academy Cadet
  • There is no Robotech gospel

Replied by MIlkManX on topic Re: Robotech’ is back with a new 20-disc collectable set

This is becoming ridiculous. Now there is the rumored Mospeada LLA that was suppose to be on the ROBOTECH LLA when it was first announced. Seems like dirty pool to me. I have the A&E simply because it was a gift but I much prefer my Legacy Bricks.

I hope they pull their heads outta their butts and sell a new Collectors LLA that has these extra features on it.

Dirty pool HG. Not that it doesn't surprise me.
10 years 7 months ago #20654

• Thank you received: 6

Replied by JaesonK on topic Re: Robotech’ is back with a new 20-disc collectable set

Making Robotech available to fans that want it is somehow dirty pool???

If you already have Robotech on DVD/VHS/Laserdisc/VCD/etc and are happy with it, you don't have to buy another release. Pretty easy.

Releasing a new set is important to keep something out there for the new fans and old fans that don't have it. To attract old fans that have it already, there's some new stuff included. Nothing really ridiculous about it.

That Lionsgate expressed confidence in putting this set out there demonstrates their belief in a market for it. That's a good thing for Robotech. People still want it.

Warner Bros is interested in RLAM. How far they go towards actually making a movie depends on a lot of things. It's good that their Pacific Rim was well received. If it bombed, then they might have second thoughts on RLAM. If WB sees growing interest in Robotech through strong sales of DVD sets, that's positive.

The A&E bundle was released 2 years ago and did well, despite the crashing DVD market. That's good for Robotech.

On the flip side of the coin, if they put out new DVDs and they aren't selling, that's not so good for Robotech. It makes it harder to get projects like Shadow Rising done, harder to convince a studio to do a LAM, etc.

I think a Blu Ray release would make a lot of diehard fans very happy but it sounds like it would be an expensive endeavour for HG. It's easier for BigWest to release Macross Blu Rays because they have the original source materials as opposed to print copies. 16mm is a decent format but copies get grainier and require more clean-up work.

If you get good sales of a Lionsgate release, then maybe they'll be interested in doing a Blu Ray release.

BTW, have you checked prices on the Big West Blu Rays? Ouch!
10 years 7 months ago #20655

• MIlkManX
  • Academy Cadet
  • Academy Cadet

Replied by MIlkManX on topic Re: Robotech’ is back with a new 20-disc collectable set

Well all I am saying is some of that 'bonus' content was originally announced as part of Robotech LLA. Now we know why it was missing. So they could milk people for another set.

It would be nice if they also announce a Collectors RT:LLA with that other bonus included.

I WOULD BE ALL OVER THIS SET IF....

1.) It has the mono sound option (the 5.1 mix is too wonky)
2.) Fixed the botched episode titles on Robotech Masters(first 10-15 episodes are missing titles here and there)
3.) Restored the Opening and Endings to the original broadcast versions.

;)
10 years 7 months ago #20656

• Thank you received: 3

Replied by spark300c on topic Re: Robotech’ is back with a new 20-disc collectable set

if it is not the clean version I am not buying.
10 years 7 months ago #20658

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by Richardmvela on topic Re: Robotech’ is back with a new 20-disc collectable set

A part of me really wonders how well the A&E sets did. None of my local stores carried them and aside from a single Wal Mart in the Orlando area, many still don't. I saw a few at a convention recently but that's about it.
Resisting Gravity's Pull on Our Souls!
10 years 7 months ago #20659

• MIlkManX
  • Academy Cadet
  • Academy Cadet

spark300c wrote:

if it is not the clean version I am not buying.

It is the same video Remaster from the Remastered/Protoculture/A&E sets
10 years 7 months ago #20660

Time to create page: 0.502 seconds