I'm probably in the minority here but................

• LadyGrimes
  • LadyGrimes's Avatar Topic Author
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master
  • Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy!
  • Thank you received: 947

Replied by LadyGrimes on topic I'm probably in the minority here but................

Sinn wrote:

And speaking of which, I always thought Scott and Rook would've made a better couple. They have a lot more in common and I was disappointed in the lack of interaction between them.

I agree ... I also thought that Scott and Rook would have made a better couple. Rook was a tough girl who needed to break from her past in order to live in the moment, and Scott was also stuck in the past, unable to free himself from the pain and guilt of losing Marlene.
They would have been perfect for each other, but, alas the writers didn't see it that way.

Call me crazy, but for my money I think Lance and Ariel would have made an interesting couple. I always imagined that they had more chemistry than Scott and Marlene. At any rate, I guess the writers didn't want to break the opposite attracts formula, and go for a more convoluted romance sub plot.

Thank you @AB for my adorable new avatar! <3
7 years 4 months ago #24011

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master

Replied by LadyGrimes on topic I'm probably in the minority here but................

Alpha Bravo wrote:

Sinn wrote:

And speaking of which, I always thought Scott and Rook would've made a better couple. They have a lot more in common and I was disappointed in the lack of interaction between them.

I agree ... I also thought that Scott and Rook would have made a better couple. Rook was a tough girl who needed to break from her past in order to live in the moment, and Scott was also stuck in the past, unable to free himself from the pain and guilt of losing Marlene.
They would have been perfect for each other, but, alas the writers didn't see it that way.

Call me crazy, but for my money I think Lance and Ariel would have made an interesting couple. I always imagined that they had more chemistry than Scott and Marlene. At any rate, I guess the writers didn't want to break the opposite attracts formula, and go for a more convoluted romance sub plot.

Well in some ways, opposites attract for a reason. Rook was heavily introverted, and needed someone extremely outgoing and friendly like Rand to break through those walls and reach her softer side. Scott would never have even tried to do this, sitting behind walls of his own. True he was the one to pursue Ariel, but that was because he recognized her vulnerability and innocence, and thus wasn't afraid of rejection as he might have been had he pursued Rook.

Lancer and Ariel would have absolutely worked though, for exactly the same reasons as Sera.

And in the end it was Ariel who pursued him............and dayum did she ever

dat moment when you hit pause at the right time.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Alpha Bravo
7 years 4 months ago #24012

• Thank you received: 573

Replied by Alpha Bravo on topic I'm probably in the minority here but................

Given enough time, Scott and Rook may have been a thing, but only after the war and everything had settled down.
"Offers that are selected that the deposit paid the amount that we do not decide, or the pool, sipping mulled wine, and in addition you can play table tennis, there is one drawback, I do not have rights." - random spambot (translated)
The following user(s) said Thank You: LadyGrimes
7 years 4 months ago #24017

• Thank you received: 20

Replied by Sinn on topic I'm probably in the minority here but................

Given enough time, Scott and Rook may have been a thing, but only after the war and everything had settled down.

Its possible.

Going a little off topic, I felt bad for Lunk, outside of Annie he had no one. It would have been nice if he had ended up with someone and they decided to adopt Annie.

Yeah I know, real sappy. :blush:
The following user(s) said Thank You: LadyGrimes, Alpha Bravo
7 years 4 months ago #24084

• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master

Sinn wrote:

Its possible.

Going a little off topic, I felt bad for Lunk, outside of Annie he had no one. It would have been nice if he had ended up with someone and they decided to adopt Annie.

Not sappy at all since he was a good guy and well deserving of someone too. In EOTC it he did end up with Marlene for a while that is until Scott came back into the picture and she left him. I actually felt sorry for Lunk and it's probably one of the reasons I didn't care for that story, other than it just being bad lol.

But if Lunk were in my universe he'd definitely get lucky ;)

7 years 4 months ago #24088

• Thank you received: 573

Replied by Alpha Bravo on topic I'm probably in the minority here but................

LadyGrimes wrote:

Sinn wrote:

Its possible.

Not sappy at all since he was a good guy and well deserving of someone too. In EOTC it he did end up with Marlene for a while that is until Scott came back into the picture and she left him. I actually felt sorry for Lunk and it's probably one of the reasons I didn't care for that story, other than it just being bad lol.

Hey listen, he's not as stupid as he seems to be. He's a certified bio-maintenance engineer.

...I mean he USED to be.
"Offers that are selected that the deposit paid the amount that we do not decide, or the pool, sipping mulled wine, and in addition you can play table tennis, there is one drawback, I do not have rights." - random spambot (translated)
Last edit: 7 years 4 months ago by Alpha Bravo.
7 years 4 months ago #24097

• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master

Alpha Bravo wrote:

LadyGrimes wrote:

Sinn wrote:

Its possible.

Hey listen, he's not as stupid as he seems to be. He's a certified bio-maintenance engineer.

...I mean he USED to be.

Well at least he's adorable. He's like a big teddy bear.

Last edit: 7 years 4 months ago by LadyGrimes.
7 years 4 months ago #24105

• Thank you received: 96

Replied by Peter Young on topic I'm probably in the minority here but................

Is this 'New Generation only' or can we talk about other couples as well?

See, allt hough I own the dvd set that contains the series plus the Sentinels movie, I never managed to finish the two non-Macross subsagas. I find them less interesting.

But I read somewhere that in 'Masters Saga', Nova Santori ended up with this Philips guy. Opposites can attract, but a woman who is all about following the rules and (self-)discipline - Nova is basically the Robotech version of Ultra Magnus (I don't mean his IDW OVD version) - ending up with a guy whose lack of impulse control is only succeeded by Dana Sterling?

Even Dharma & Greg had more in common!
7 years 4 months ago #24120

• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master

Peter Young wrote: Is this 'New Generation only' or can we talk about other couples as well?

See, allt hough I own the dvd set that contains the series plus the Sentinels movie, I never managed to finish the two non-Macross subsagas. I find them less interesting.

But I read somewhere that in 'Masters Saga', Nova Santori ended up with this Philips guy. Opposites can attract, but a woman who is all about following the rules and (self-)discipline - Nova is basically the Robotech version of Ultra Magnus (I don't mean his IDW OVD version) - ending up with a guy whose lack of impulse control is only succeeded by Dana Sterling?

Even Dharma & Greg had more in common!

Yes you can talk about any Robotech couples here. The more the merrier.

Also it was Marie Crystal that ended up with Sean Phillips not Nova. I don't recall her ending up with anyone tbh. Probably for the best :kiss:

7 years 4 months ago #24121

• Thank you received: 96

Replied by Peter Young on topic I'm probably in the minority here but................

LadyGrimes wrote:

Careful what you wish for.

Here is a fan sequel to Robotech.
The good news: Lunk gets lucky.

The bad news: he got character assassinated by being turned into a pedohile.

Last edit: 7 years 3 months ago by Peter Young.
7 years 4 months ago #24122

Time to create page: 0.495 seconds