I'm probably in the minority here but................

• Thank you received: 573

Replied by Alpha Bravo on topic I'm probably in the minority here but................

LadyGrimes wrote:

Peter Young wrote: Is this 'New Generation only' or can we talk about other couples as well?

See, allt hough I own the dvd set that contains the series plus the Sentinels movie, I never managed to finish the two non-Macross subsagas. I find them less interesting.

But I read somewhere that in 'Masters Saga', Nova Santori ended up with this Philips guy. Opposites can attract, but a woman who is all about following the rules and (self-)discipline - Nova is basically the Robotech version of Ultra Magnus (I don't mean his IDW OVD version) - ending up with a guy whose lack of impulse control is only succeeded by Dana Sterling?

Even Dharma & Greg had more in common!

Yes you can talk about any Robotech couples here. The more the merrier.

Also it was Marie Crystal that ended up with Sean Phillips not Nova. I don't recall her ending up with anyone tbh. Probably for the best :kiss:

Wasn't there that Japanese pilot who was shy and had a big crush on her? I don't think they ever wrapped that up, like Dana convinced him to send her flowers or something and that was the last we heard of either one of them.
"Offers that are selected that the deposit paid the amount that we do not decide, or the pool, sipping mulled wine, and in addition you can play table tennis, there is one drawback, I do not have rights." - random spambot (translated)
7 years 4 months ago #24126

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 96

Replied by Peter Young on topic I'm probably in the minority here but................

A year ago I entered a comic book store and to my pleasant surprise, they actually had some Robotech comics. Too bad it was mostly 'prelude to Shadow Chronicles' :dry:

But they also had the 1998 Antarctic Robotech annual :cheer:

It contained three short stories, one for each generation. The one from 'Masters Saga' took place before the events of that series. Nova and Louis Nichols teamed up to apprehend a bunch of thiefs and ended up mutually respecting each other.

Who knows if I would have come with this possibility if I hadn't read that story, but Nova and louis might work. They differ enough to make it a sound relationship, but have enough in common to actually make it work. Unlike most of his squadron, Louis is capable of thinking before he acts. He is calm, intelligent and self-confident.

He has qualities Nova might appreciate in a man, but also could be able to stand up to her if he thinks she got it wrong.

I could see it work. In a good relationship, partners try to get the best out of the other. She can help him become practical and more in the front, he could point out to her that the friendly, indirect approach occasionally gets better results.
7 years 4 months ago #24130

Replied by Alpha Bravo on topic I'm probably in the minority here but................

Peter Young wrote: A year ago I entered a comic book store and to my pleasant surprise, they actually had some Robotech comics. Too bad it was mostly 'prelude to Shadow Chronicles' :dry:

It contained three short stories, one for each generation. The one from 'Masters Saga' took place before the events of that series. Nova and Louis Nichols teamed up to apprehend a bunch of thiefs and ended up mutually respecting each other.

Who knows if I would have come with this possibility if I hadn't read that story, but Nova and louis might work. They differ enough to make it a sound relationship, but have enough in common to actually make it work. Unlike most of his squadron, Louis is capable of thinking before he acts. He is calm, intelligent and self-confident.

He has qualities Nova might appreciate in a man, but also could be able to stand up to her if he thinks she got it wrong.

I could see it work. In a good relationship, partners try to get the best out of the other. She can help him become practical and more in the front, he could point out to her that the friendly, indirect approach occasionally gets better results.

If I'm ever drunk enough to watch TSC again, I'll try to mentally replace Janice with Nova, see if that makes it any better.
"Offers that are selected that the deposit paid the amount that we do not decide, or the pool, sipping mulled wine, and in addition you can play table tennis, there is one drawback, I do not have rights." - random spambot (translated)
7 years 4 months ago #24132

• LadyGrimes
  • LadyGrimes's Avatar Topic Author
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master
  • Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy!
  • Thank you received: 947

Replied by LadyGrimes on topic I'm probably in the minority here but................

Peter Young wrote:

LadyGrimes wrote:
But if Lunk were in my universe he'd definitely get lucky ;)

Careful what you wish for.

Here is a few sequel to Robotech.
The good news: Lunk gets lucky.

The bad news: he got character assassinated by being turned into a pedohile.

I was actually referring to my original series Atlantech while in my inebriated state, cause
Lunk would be swarmed by adoring women. They appreciate a man who's handy.

Thank you @AB for my adorable new avatar! <3
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alpha Bravo
Last edit: 7 years 4 months ago by LadyGrimes.
7 years 4 months ago #24135

• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master

Replied by LadyGrimes on topic I'm probably in the minority here but................

Alpha Bravo wrote:

Peter Young wrote: A year ago I entered a comic book store and to my pleasant surprise, they actually had some Robotech comics. Too bad it was mostly 'prelude to Shadow Chronicles' :dry:

If I'm ever drunk enough to watch TSC again, I'll try to mentally replace Janice with Nova, see if that makes it any better.

LOL! Well I'm getting drunk right now and I have the movie file somewheres. But am I really that desperate?

7 years 4 months ago #24136

LadyGrimes wrote:

Alpha Bravo wrote:

LOL! Well I'm getting drunk right now and I have the movie file somewheres. But am I really that desperate?

NO
The following user(s) said Thank You: LadyGrimes
7 years 4 months ago #24141

• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master

Alpha Bravo wrote:

LadyGrimes wrote:

Alpha Bravo wrote:

NO

You're right but then I just remembered I have these:

Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

7 years 4 months ago #24144

you're weird get away from me weirdo
The following user(s) said Thank You: LadyGrimes
7 years 4 months ago #24146

• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master

Alpha Bravo wrote: you're weird get away from me weirdo

I'm weird and I'm proud!!!!!!!!!

7 years 4 months ago #24147

• Thank you received: 96

Replied by Peter Young on topic I'm probably in the minority here but................

Alpha Bravo wrote: If I'm ever drunk enough to watch TSC again, I'll try to mentally replace Janice with Nova, see if that makes it any better.

Interesting characters don't help against an uninteresting story.

'sides: that was someone called Louis Nichols, but what did he have in common with Masters-Louis?

Masters-Louis and Nova - still convinced it might work out.
7 years 4 months ago #24278

Time to create page: 0.526 seconds