Missile events in each episode

• Missile
  • Missile's Avatar Topic Author
  • Micronian
  • Micronian
  • Thank you received: 0

Missile events in each episode was created by Missile

Originally in the 80s Robotech dice RPG you could make called shots with missiles, except for guided/smart "Reflex" missiles which aimed themselves with an AI at the centre of mass called the 'main body' of a target. This refers to the torso region, implying that it is not possible to aim a missile at other portions of a robot like a leg, an arm, a gun, a head, etc. This also applies to starships and other vehicles, so you couldn't take out the wings of a jet with a missile.

I understand if AIs automatically aim for centre of mass but it seems like a sentient pilot, be they human or Zentraedi, should be able to free-aim a missile at a different part of an enemy other than their trso.

In the new version 'Shadow Chronicles' it (I'm not sure if accidentally or on purpose) has changed it so the rule formerly just for Reflex missiles is now for ALL missiles. It actually says "all missiles always hit the main body".

This seems wrong and with all the combat that exists in Robotech I'm sure there must be something to prove it is wrong and inconsistent with the canon it is based upon. But I need to locate as many specific instances as possible.

So what I'm looking for is to observe every single instance of missile impacts against targets and to note roughly how many seconds into each episode the event it occurs, or maybe just a description of context so that it is easy to find when time might be off due to reorganized footage or cuts (like Macross anime v. Robotech s 1) or maybe commercial breaks if people still watch TV tapings off VHS.

I'm basically looking for 2 situations:

1) a missile strikes the torso but something other than the torso is damaged by the blast
2) a missile strikes something other than the torso

Cases where the missile strikes the torso and only the torso is noticeably damaged can basically be ignored since that is still possible under Shadow Chronicle rules. I am trying to find exceptions to this which prove the new rules are wrong and inconsistent with Robotech, and that only the original 1st edition rules from the 1980s represent the show properly.

To do this I'm going to need to watch everything start to finish. I am wondering if anyone has a good memory and might be able to help remember specific instances of what I'm talking about which could save some time. Otherwise I will report here if I notice anything.
7 years 7 months ago #23686

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.363 seconds