New here but not to Robotech...

• One-Stop
  • One-Stop's Avatar Topic Author
  • Micronian
  • Micronian
  • RDF Flyboy
  • Thank you received: 0

New here but not to Robotech... was created by One-Stop

Hello all!!! So I found out about this forum at SDCC this year and attended the Robotech panel with much excitement and a bit of remorse. It's sad that the creator of this wonderful universe has passed on. But it seems that he has left the legacy in some very capable hands.

As for myself, I've been a fan of Robotech since I was a kid. In fact in terms of transforming robots, I always preferred Robotech. Hands down the Macross Saga is my favorite. But my affinity to the Robotech story in its completion is in the storyline of human drama. Albeit, I started to get lost towards the end and with Macross 7 and Macross Plus and other stand-alone sagas within the universe, it got sorta confusing. But the animation was beautiful and very much in line with Robotech Universe. I was pleased to find Shadow Chronicles hit the theaters and am excited for the Live-Action Movie.

While my fandom is rather reserved to watching (repeatedly) the Robotech Saga on DVD, I haven't focused on collecting any of the toys or merchandise. I guess for me it was always about the animation and story that kept me hooked on Robotech. As an aspiring writer, the Robotech story has always appealed to me. Part military action, part tale of the human condition, and part romantic love story; Robotech remains tops on my list as quality storytelling and remains as an inspiration to my own writing.
13 years 8 months ago #13053

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• SIGHUP
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Admin this!
  • Thank you received: 32

Replied by SIGHUP on topic Re:New here but not to Robotech...

Welcome aboard!

Glad you found the site, did you happen to stop by the RobotechX fan booth on the Mezzanine level? We were there once again this year and will be there again next year.

A little bit you should probably know because I myself was confused as well until I found out about everything back in 2007.

Ok.

The original Robotech 85-episodes series is "stitched" together from three different unrelated Japanese shows: Macross Saga (The Super Dimension Fortress Macross), The Masters Saga (Super Dimension Cavalry Southern Cross) and The New Generation (Genesis Climber MOSPEADA).

Robotech: The Macross Saga
Robotech II: The Sentinels*
Robotech: The Movie*
20Robotech: The Masters
Robotech: The New Generation
Robotech: The Shadow Chronicles

* asterisked titles are now non-canon secondary continuity.

Macross 7, Macross Plus and Macross Frontier are all related to the original Super Dimension Fortress Macross, but not to Robotech.

Naturally since Robotech: The Macross Saga is your favorite you have an affinity towards those shows much like many, including myself.

That's just to clear up a little confusion. Hope it helps and welcome to the RobotechX community.
--David Pena
SIGHUP
www.robotechx.com - a fandom based site | RIP Carl Macek (1951-2010)
13 years 8 months ago #13055

• buffalostyle
  • Micronian
  • Micronian
  • Addicted to Protoculture

Replied by buffalostyle on topic Re:New here but not to Robotech...

I didn't realize that Sentinels was now considered non-canon...Too bad...I really liked the Malcontent Uprisings...
-buffalostyle
www.flickr.com/groups/1739199@N25/ Robotech Appreciation Flickr group
Member of the A.k.L.(Anti-kyle League)
13 years 8 months ago #13062

• SIGHUP
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Admin this!
  • Thank you received: 32

Replied by SIGHUP on topic Re:New here but not to Robotech...

Yeah, I suppose HG thought this was the easiest solution. All the novels are also secondary continuity.
--David Pena
SIGHUP
www.robotechx.com - a fandom based site | RIP Carl Macek (1951-2010)
13 years 8 months ago #13064

• Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re:New here but not to Robotech...

WELCOME ABOARD.

DAVID (SIGHUP) ALREADY DID THE WELCOMING MATT. ME AND DAVID STARTED IT ALL BACK IN 2007. THE FANDOM BOOTH AND THE SITE. THEN OTHER FANS STARTED JUMPING ABOARD.

HOPE YOU ENJOY THE SITE AND PARTICIPATE AT THE BOOTH AS WELL AT COMIC CON FOR NEXT YEAR.

HEHEHE
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
13 years 8 months ago #13078

• One-Stop
  • One-Stop's Avatar Topic Author
  • Micronian
  • Micronian
  • RDF Flyboy

Replied by One-Stop on topic Re: New here but not to Robotech...

Thanks. Yah, I stopped by the booth at SDCC. It's how I found out about the site! Thanks. I like Robotech.com but it moves to quick for my tastes. I usually just go there to read up on news.

Yah, I'm aware of the different canon lines. Sentinels seemed like a cool concept but didn't seem (to me, at least) fit in the Robotech universe that I knew and loved. Wasn't Robotech: The Movie the Macross Saga just with different dialog?
13 years 8 months ago #13098

Replied by Macross-Max-395 on topic Re: New here but not to Robotech...

Hello everyone, I've been a robotech fan for a long time and stumbled upon this site in the search engine. Not really sure how this site differs from the main one but I'm willing to give it a chance :-)
13 years 1 week ago #15542

• Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re: New here but not to Robotech...

WELCOME ABOARD.

AND ENJOY YOUR STAY.
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
13 years 1 week ago #15544

• khoroshen
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Niin on aatos miunki vappaa
  • Thank you received: 1

Replied by khoroshen on topic Re: New here but not to Robotech...

Macross Max 395 wrote:

Hello everyone, I've been a robotech fan for a long time and stumbled upon this site in the search engine. Not really sure how this site differs from the main one but I'm willing to give it a chance :-)

Different shit, same smell, is the best to describe the difference between RT.com and RTX.com. lol j/k or am I...?

Welcome aboard the speshul bus!
13 years 1 week ago #15545

• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master
  • Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy!
  • Thank you received: 947

Replied by LadyGrimes on topic Re: New here but not to Robotech...

khoroshen wrote:

Macross Max 395 wrote:

Different shit, same smell, is the best to describe the difference between RT.com and RTX.com. lol j/k or am I...?

Welcome aboard the speshul bus!

lol

Thank you @AB for my adorable new avatar! <3
13 years 1 week ago #15550

Time to create page: 0.547 seconds