Not quite newbie introduction...

• Sushispook
  • Sushispook's Avatar Topic Author
  • Micronian
  • Micronian
  • Thank you received: 0

Replied by Sushispook on topic Re: Not quite newbie introduction...

@Sighup - I'm actually not really too butthurt or surprised that I got banhammered in retrospect... I guess my real point is that the DVD box set was there big TA-DA at SDCC, and they were acting like this was news of godzilla-esque proportions. Ultimately, that was my bone to pick... after years of essentially silence, that's your big push.

HG is a business, and a privately-held one at that, so they're entitled to drive it any which way they want - including right into the ground. Of course I wouldn't expect anyone at HG to publicly say "MY GOD YOU'RE RIGHT", but they could be managing things so much better... I mean the fact that you lead in with this:

Here we go again. I hope RTX doesn't become the safe haven for disgruntled RT.com users.

... well, that pretty much says it all right there, right? :)

Believe me when I tell you that I'm not foolish enough to believe that a business should be run by a democracy. But I also do have market research experience - they are doing a very poor job of interacting with their core fanbase who could be so very evangelical on their behalf.

I'm curious though.... when you say this:

we just gotta keep the fan base going.

... what, exactly do you mean? :)
12 years 7 months ago #17360

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• SIGHUP
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Admin this!
  • Thank you received: 32

Replied by SIGHUP on topic Re: Not quite newbie introduction...

What I mean about keeping the fan base going -- something we can actually do something about -- is for us to keep doing the very thing we are right now. Participating in the forums, continue fan fics, fan art, etc.

All that we can take in the direction we want.

As you may or may not know, I've been helping MEMO out with the Comic Con fan booth for about four years now. Met Carl Macek there which was the highlight of the con for me. I have been there disappointed the Con the year after the Live-Action was announced. There was NOTHING NEW! That was a real bummer.

I know its not much, but at least this time they announced something different. They better finish the side-story by next year so they can show something different next time.
--David Pena
SIGHUP
www.robotechx.com - a fandom based site | RIP Carl Macek (1951-2010)
12 years 7 months ago #17369

• Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re: Not quite newbie introduction...

TO ADD

HG IS A BUSINESS, THAT MUCH EVERYONE KNOWS. WHAT MANY FORGET IS THAT THE FANDOM STILL MOVIES. AND FOR YEARS AND CONS THAT I BEEN TO THE FANDOM HAS ALWAYS BEEN THERE.

YEAH HG HAS NOT DONE MUCH AS PER NEW ANIMATION AND SUCH. BUT WHY BANG YOUR HEAD ON SOMETHING THAT IS JUST NOT WORTH IT. WHY I SAY THE FANS OUT THERE WE MEET ARE THE SMARTEST ONES WHO ARE MORE UNPLUGGED TO THE NET AND JUST LIKE TO DO FANDOM WORKS AND ENJOY ROBOTECH FOR WHAT IT IS. WE SEE THIS ALL THE TIME.

WHAT I THINK IS WHAT KEEP DAVID RETURNING AND COUNTLESS OTHERS TO COMIC CON AND OTHER CONVENTIONS IS NOT FOR HG... BUT THE FANS THAT SUPPORTS US AND STOP BY AND LETS US KNOW HOW MUCH THE LIKE THEIR CARTOON. AND MAN.... DO I FORGET NAMES.. TEACHERS, COPS, SHERIFFS, BANKERS, AND ALL TYPE OF WORK YOU CAN THINK OF FANS DO OUTSIDE OF THE NET COME TO THE BOOTH. EVERY YEAR THEY STOP BY TO SAY HI.
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
12 years 7 months ago #17370

Time to create page: 0.409 seconds