The grand reopening of an RT.com tradition"the lizard lounge"!

• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master
  • Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy!
  • Thank you received: 947

Replied by LadyGrimes on topic The grand reopening of an RT.com tradition"the lizard lounge"!

Only twitter related news I hear is libs bitching about Elon Musk. I greatly admire that man.

As for me, well I pulled an all nighter with my GF, up partyin n shit, so now that I'm wide awake since I can't sleep I am hoping to work on something. I have been the worst procrastinator as of late. It's like I gotta kick myself in the ass to get back into the habit. I'm bipolar so I get manic episodes where I have a shit ton of energy, so that's when I try to take advantage of those episodes and make progress on anything I can., be it cleaning or something art, or writing related.

Working on a comic or anything similar is very time consuming, so I'm glad you've got help to get yours moving. I work alone because I'm broke and a damn control freak. I do have a little book project I've been dabbling with on and off, not Atlantech related, but just something else that hit me one night and made me get up and start writing the damn thing till the ass crack of dawn. It's sort of a mini horror novel that's inspired by true accounts. So I've got my research cut out for me on that too.

Lucky for me I got a friend that's a firearms expert that can help with some of that research.

Thank you @AB for my adorable new avatar! <3
1 year 11 months ago #30701

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• ds55
  • ds55's Avatar Topic Author
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master
  • Macross
  • Thank you received: 554

Replied by ds55 on topic The grand reopening of an RT.com tradition"the lizard lounge"!

Yeah they got all upset,too bad you don't like it quit
Macross forever :D

#Biden not my President!
The following user(s) said Thank You: LadyGrimes
1 year 11 months ago #30703

• Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic The grand reopening of an RT.com tradition"the lizard lounge"!

YEAH, DONT QUIT.

I CAME UP WITH THE IDEA OF MY COMIC IN THE LATE 90S WHILE IN COLLEGE. AN ART TEACHER SAW ME ARGUING ABOUT COMICS WITH OTHER STUDENTS WHO WERE IN A COMIC BOOK IN A CLASS WITH HIM. THE TEACHER, A TEKENN GAME DESIGNER, INVITED ME TO HIS CLASS ONE DAY TO SHOW ME ABOUT HIS CLASS. SO NEXT SEMESTER SELECTED HIS CLASS. SO WANTED TO WRITE ABOUT AZTEC GODS BUT DID NOT KNOW WHERE TO START. SO MY RESERCH STARTED THERE.
2000- PRE COVID, TRAVEL THROUGHT MEXICO TO GET IDEAS. GOT BOOKS AND HAD MY FIRST DRAFT IN 2012 I THINK. TOOK A LOT OF WRITING CLASSES AND LOT OF COMIC WRITERS PANELS AT CONS ALSO FOR INSPERATION AND FIGURE THIS WRITING THING.
JUST RECENT HAVE HAD TROUBLE WITH DESIGN OF THE CHARACTERS AND LIFE KEPT ME FROM STARTING THEM.
ITS, 2022 AND JUST ABOUT ON THE FIRST COVERS AND 2 MORE COMICS ONTOP OF IT. FOUND A GOOD TEAM FOR EACH COMIC AND HAVE SOME ARTIST.

1. GODS AND WARRIORS- AZTEC GODS
2. BLOOD AND FIRE - SOLDIER VAMPIRE FROM THE FUTURE
3. ARCANEYTTRIUM WARS - NATO VS ALIENS. HAVE A LOT OF FRIENDS FROM ROBOTECH COMMUNITY HELPING OUT WITH THIS.
AND ALL UNDER THE BANNER OLLIN PRESS.
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
Last edit: 1 year 11 months ago by MEMO1DOMINION.
1 year 11 months ago #30704

• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master

Replied by LadyGrimes on topic The grand reopening of an RT.com tradition"the lizard lounge"!

Those are some cool titles.

1 year 11 months ago #30708

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic The grand reopening of an RT.com tradition"the lizard lounge"!

HEY THANKS!

JUST HOPE THE STORYS ARE COOL ENOUGH FOR PEOPLE TO LIKE.

HAD TO SEE IF THE NAMES WERE TAKEN. AND OF COURSE SOCIAL MEDIA. LUCKELY NOTHING WAS OPENED SO BOUGT THE DOMAIN NAMES AND ADDED THEM TO TWITTER, INSTAGRAM, FACEBOOK.

OF COURSE SOMEONE CAME OUT WITH A BOOK LATER WITH ONE OF MY NAMES BUT SINCE IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE STORY I AM WRITING, I AM GOOD. I HAVE BEEN ASKED TO SELL MY NAMES OUT WHICH I HAVE SAID NO.

I WILL BE DOING PODCAST AND YOUTUBE VIDEOS DURRING THE PROCESS. ALREADY DOING ROBOTECH WORLD YOUTUBE SO FIGURE WHY NOT FOR MY COMICS.
Last edit: 1 year 11 months ago by MEMO1DOMINION.
1 year 11 months ago #30710

• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master

Well the thing to remember is that you like your stories and want to share them. There's never a guarantee you'll have a huge audience, but even if you have a few people who love your stuff and provide feedback then that's all that matters IMO.

Writing is definitely an escape for me, and its been one of the best distractions in dealing with my grief. I've got two really good friends who are also writers, and we all read and review each other's works. We help each other improve our writing so its a nice little support group.

As for titles being taken, yeah it's kind of difficult trying to come up with a unique title that isn't already taken. I'm not even going to check and see if my current working title for this horror project is taken or not. Because chances are it could be, but I very much doubt that it would be the same kind of story. The same happens with movie titles too and there doesn't appear to be any issues.

My only problem so far, is that I cannot write the horror scenes at night. I actually scared the shit out of myself with one of them, so those scenes need to be written during daylight hours lol.

1 year 11 months ago #30712

Well the thing to remember is that you like your stories and want to share them. There's never a guarantee you'll have a huge audience, but even if you have a few people who love your stuff and provide feedback then that's all that matters IMO.

YES, NOT ALL MY STORYS WILL BE FOR EVERYONE. BUT INERACTING WITH PEOPLE THAT MIGHT LIKE THEM AND WILL FOLLOW THEN I THINK ITS A GOOD WAY TO REACH OUT TO THEM.
1 year 11 months ago #30713

• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master

Well Elon did it, he bought Twitter lmao. I'm loving all the meltdowns from the left. I guess this means they can't ban someone for saying something they don't like. Elon should buy Youtube next, and put an end to the stupid censorship.

1 year 11 months ago #30716

OH WOW. WE HAVE NEW WRITERS AND DIRECTOR FOR ROBOTECH LAM
deadline.com/2022/04/hawkeye-rhys-thomas...robotech-1235009525/

EXCLUSIVE: After helping steer the ship as the main director on Marvel’s Hawkeye series, Rhys Thomas has been set to direct Mark Canton and Gianni Nunnari’s Robotech for Sony Pictures. The film is currently in development with the script by Marcum & Holloway with a rewrite by Brian Gatewood and Alessandro Tanaka. Harmony Gold also is involved.

Based on the popular ’80s anime TV series, Robotech is set in a time when Earth has developed giant robots from the technology of an alien spacecraft that crashed on a South Pacific island and now is using that technology to fight off an impending alien invasion.

Thomas is flying high after directing and executive producing the Disney+ Marvel series Hawkeye, with Jeremy Renner reprising his Avengers role. Thomas also is highly regarded in the comedy world for his work on Saturday Night Live and the Emmy-nominated IFC series Documentary Now!, which he co-created with Fred Armisen, Bill Hader and Seth Meyers and directed. Thomas received four Emmy nominations for Documentary Now! ​and is in production on Season 4. ​

Gatewood & Tanaka’s feature Sharper sold in a bidding war to Apple and A24, with Julianne Moore attached to star. Ben Curon directed the film co-starring Sebastian Stan, which is in post-production. Gatewood & Tanaka are writing Untitled Asian American Heist Project for Amazon. Canton/Nunnari Productions’ credits include 300 and Immortals, and Canton is an executive producer of the Power universe for Starz.

Thomas is represented by WME, 3 Arts Entertainment and Ziffren Brittenham. Gatewood and Tanaka are repped by UTA, Management 360, Hansen Jacobson Teller.
1 year 11 months ago #30720

• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master

After all this time I'm surprised its still happening at all. I remember when it was first announced way back in 2007. Seems a lifetime ago now.

1 year 11 months ago #30722

Time to create page: 0.651 seconds