S.W: The Clone Wars in theaters on August 15th.

• Lobizon
  • Lobizon's Avatar Topic Author
  • REF Member
  • REF Member
  • Bounty Hunter! =☠=
  • Thank you received: 4

S.W: The Clone Wars in theaters on August 15th. was created by Lobizon

In 2005, Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith brought the live-action, cinematic Star Wars Saga to a close. But creator George Lucas and the storytellers at Lucasfilm Animation had more stories to tell about the "galaxy far, far away."

On-screen, the expansive, galaxy-changing Clone Wars was only fleetingly glimpsed in Revenge of the Sith and at the end of Episode II Attack of the Clones. But its importance to the Star Wars galaxy is enormous -- causing the Republic to become an Empire, leading to the "period of civil war" famously mentioned at the opening of Episode IV A New Hope.

Since its first reference in a passing remark by Luke Skywalker to Obi-Wan Kenobi more than 30 years ago in the very first Star Wars movie, the subject has ignited the imaginations of moviegoers.

"For years and years, people have wondered what the Clone Wars were, based solely on this quick mention," says Clone Wars director Dave Filoni. "The live-action movies were really centered on the Skywalker family, and we've never gotten to see the full breadth of the conflict."

Now, with the new animated feature, Star Wars: The Clone Wars audiences will at last experience the galaxy-changing conflict, which simultaneously expands the scope of Star Wars beyond anything that had been seen in the previous films, and also introduces new characters, new dramas and new adventures. The backdrop of the Clone Wars, Filoni says, offers a chance to tell the tale of a struggle that turned a Republic into an Empire and paved the way for a civil war that ultimately resulted in freedom for the galaxy. "We may be dealing with a small window of time, but the scope of war -- particularly a galactic war -- is pretty expansive," he says. "There's a lot going on -- heroes, villains, intrigue, adventure. It's all part of the story we know, but it's always been in the background. Until now."

One of the first steps in bringing Star Wars: The Clone Wars to the screen was finding the right entry point. The previous films had been confined to the Skywalker saga, but The Clone Wars offered nearly limitless options.

"A war, by nature, is a patchwork of untold stories," says Star Wars creator George Lucas. "What's fascinating to me is that there are people motivating these farreaching events, and that those individuals are so often overshadowed by the big picture, by the events themselves. We know what happens to the galaxy, but we don't know exactly how it all came to pass. These are the stories behind the story."

Star wars:The Clone Wars HD Trailer

Link to the official movie site: Star Wars: The Clone Wars

Enjoy it!!!!

Saludos Lobi ;)
Last edit: 15 years 8 months ago by Lobizon.
15 years 8 months ago #1212

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re:S.W: The Clone Wars in theaters on August 15th.

reminds me of robotech 3000...

for some odd reason. would have liked it more animated.
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
15 years 8 months ago #1214

• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master
  • Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy!
  • Thank you received: 947

Replied by LadyGrimes on topic Re:S.W: The Clone Wars in theaters on August 15th.

my boyfriend is a huge star wars fan, but refuses to see this movie because of the female character. Don't know her name or who or what she is, but he says it will be gay cause of her =O
if you ask me, I'd say she seems like a cute character.. but me and him don't share the same tastes haha.

Thank you @AB for my adorable new avatar! <3
15 years 8 months ago #1215

• Swampy19
  • Academy Cadet
  • Academy Cadet
  • Hey wasup my fellow micronians
  • Thank you received: 0

Replied by Swampy19 on topic Re:S.W: The Clone Wars in theaters on August 15th.

its goign to be awesoem im excited
Robotech Academy hopefull
VF-200 DEMON SHADOW Squadron
1st Liutenant
Call Sign:
Devil
Weapons:
VF-1S
Hanzo Sword
15 years 8 months ago #1218

Time to create page: 0.348 seconds