• Commander
  • Thank you received: 114

Cowboys & Aliens 2011 was created by MEMO1DOMINION

GUYS AT THE MPPC SENT ME THIS VIA PM..

A GOOD COBOY AND IND...ER ALIENS MOVIE!

www.themppc.com/magpress/

November 17th, 2010 at 10:30 am -

by Shannon Wendlick

Although I have previously called into question the “uniqueness” of the subject matter here, I am still looking forward to seeing what Jon Favreau delivers when this film hits theaters next July.

I am really digging the visual of the alien technology put in the out of place setting of the old west. Knowing the film has such great stars as Daniel Craig, Harrison Ford, Sam Rockwell, Keith Carradine and Olivia Wilde it is no doubt this will be one of the must see films of the summer movie season of 2011.

"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
13 years 5 months ago #13865

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Lobizon
  • REF Member
  • REF Member
  • Bounty Hunter! =☠=
  • Thank you received: 4

Replied by Lobizon on topic Re: Cowboys & Aliens 2011

13 years 2 months ago #14588

• Lobizon
  • REF Member
  • REF Member
  • Bounty Hunter! =☠=
  • Thank you received: 4

Replied by Lobizon on topic Re: Cowboys & Aliens 2011

13 years 2 weeks ago #15641

• MEMO1DOMINION
  • MEMO1DOMINION's Avatar Topic Author
  • Commander
  • Commander

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re: Cowboys & Aliens 2011

NICE.

WILL BE CHECKING THIS ONE OUT.
13 years 2 weeks ago #15644

• MEMO1DOMINION
  • MEMO1DOMINION's Avatar Topic Author
  • Commander
  • Commander

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re: Cowboys & Aliens 2011

‘Cowboys & Aliens’ Will Premiere At Comic-Con 2011

“… I feel like [the Comic-Con crowd has] come out for me, they’ve supported me… That’s where it all started, and I want to give back. They should have the opportunity to see first.”

YES!!, A COMIC CON EXCLUSIVE.

screenrant.com/cowboys-aliens-premiere-comic-con-sandy-119417/

Director Jon Favreau (Iron Man) has revealed that the world premiere for his ‘Cowboys & Aliens’ movie will be held at the 2011 Comic-Con Festival in San Diego.

Those of you out there readying yourselves for the three days of madness that will be Comic-Con 2011 are in for a bit of a treat; Iron Man director Jon Favreau has announced that the world premiere for his new genre-blending comic book adaptation, Cowboys & Aliens, will take place at this year’s convention in San Diego.

This announcement was made at this past weekend’s Hero Complex Film Festival 2011, where footage shown from Favreau’s western-meets-sci-fi project was well-received (as were his and Robert Downey Jr.’s comments about Iron Man 3).

Premiering his new film at Comic-Con seems a fitting move for Favreau, who has a strong following on Twitter and is known for being a fan-friendly filmmaker in the comic book movie community. The 2010 Comic-Con Cowboys & Aliens panel was well received (especially the amusing surprise appearance of Harrison Ford) and the footage previewed at the event helped to spread word of mouth that the film isn’t aiming to be the geeky campfest implied by its title.

Cowboys & Aliens will hit theaters a week after its Comic-Con showing. Although the film’s reception at this year’s convention could help or hinder its opening weekend results to a degree, the positive or negative effect isn’t likely to be too significant at that point in the game, so to speak.

As it were, Favreau seems genuinely more interested in just showing the Comic-Con crowd his thanks by premiering Cowboys & Aliens there. To quote him (via Hero Complex):

“… I feel like [the Comic-Con crowd has] come out for me, they’ve supported me… That’s where it all started, and I want to give back. They should have the opportunity to see first.”
12 years 10 months ago #16767

Time to create page: 0.455 seconds