• MEMO1DOMINION
  • MEMO1DOMINION's Avatar Topic Author
  • Commander
  • Commander
  • Thank you received: 114

PROMETHEUS (ALIEN) PREQUEL 2012 was created by MEMO1DOMINION

‘Prometheus’: Hi-Res Images & More ‘Alien’ Connection Talk

screenrant.com/prometheus-images-alien-sandy-141699/

Ridley Scott’s much-speculated-about Prometheus has been making headlines (in good and bad ways) of late, thanks to a bootlegged version of the film’s teaser trailer and scanned images from a recent issue of Entertainment Weekly being leaked online. The film’s theatrical preview is still expected to be released before 2011 draws to a close, and will likely show before one of the upcoming holiday’s seasons bigger titles.

We now have high-resolution, official versions of the aforementioned EW Prometheus pics, including a non-watermarked version of the (previously) second officially-released still frame from the film. In addition, the CEO of 20th Century Fox has provided his own take on just how Scott’s new movie is connected to the director’s classic sci-fi/horror creation, Alien.

First, check out the official synopsis for Prometheus:

Visionary filmmaker Ridley Scott returns to the genre he helped define, creating an original science fiction epic set in the most dangerous corners of the universe. The film takes a team of scientists and explorers on a thrilling journey that will test their physical and mental limits and strand them on a distant world, where they will discover the answers to our most profound questions and to life’s ultimate mystery.

It has also been indicated that said “team of scientists and explorers” discover a planet that reveals the truth behind humanity’s origins – and, eventually, find themselves locked in a desperate battle to save themselves and the inhabitants of Earth, after one of their own incurs the wrath of their “god-like” extraterrestrial creators (an allegorical reference to the myth of the Greek Titan, Prometheus).

Get an early look at those human characters and the “distant world” in the Prometheus images below:

There is definitely a recognizable H.R. Giger-inspired aesthetic at work in these Prometheus pics, encompassing everything from the astronaut’s spacesuits to the strange (stone?) monolithic head figure and the “Ampule Room.” Scott’s decision to primarily utilize practical effects seems to be paying off well, as the film’s production design is convincingly texturized and eye-catching. Previous promises from Prometheus co-scribe Damon Lindelof and starlet Charlize Theron that the film should look fantastic in 3D also appear to be right on the money.

On that note: 20th Century Fox co-chairman and CEO Tom Rothman recently bemoaned the early leaking of the Prometheus teaser, partially because he says that “… the quality of the [film's] visuals is as spectacularly beautiful, shot in 3-D compositionally the way only a master could do it… I will promise you this: When that material is ready and it comes out, you should go see it in 3-D on a [theater] screen. It will deliver.”
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
Last edit: 12 years 4 months ago by MEMO1DOMINION.
12 years 4 months ago #17772

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• MEMO1DOMINION
  • Commander
  • Commander

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re: PROMETHEUS (ALIEN) PREQUEL 2012

RUMORS OF AN ALIEN PREQUEL WERE PROVEN RIGHT AFTER WHAT LOOKED LIKE AN EDITOR TOOK VIDEO CAPTURE ON A CELL PHONE VIDEO CAMERA AND POSTED IT UP ON YOUTUBE..SINCE THEN FOX BEEN GOING AROUND TAKING VIDEOS DOWN WITH C&D.

I GOT TO SEE IT IN ONE OF THE ALERTS I GET AND IT LOOKS LIKE THE FIRST GUYS TO ARRIVE AT THE SHIP IN THE FIRST ALIEN MOVIE. YOU CAN ALSO SEE THE GIANT CHAIR WHERE A GIANT ALIEN SAT AS WELL. AND THE ROOM WHERE ALL THE EGGS WERE.

IF YOU GUYS SEEN IT.. WHAT YOU THINK?

HERE IS AN IMAGE CAPTURE OF THE VIDEO
Last edit: 12 years 4 months ago by MEMO1DOMINION.
12 years 4 months ago #17773

• MEMO1DOMINION
  • Commander
  • Commander

12 years 4 months ago #17774

• Lobizon
  • REF Member
  • REF Member
  • Bounty Hunter! =☠=
  • Thank you received: 4

Replied by Lobizon on topic Re: PROMETHEUS (ALIEN) PREQUEL 2012

"Interview: Ridley Scott Talks Prometheus, Giger, Beginning of Man and Original Alien"

filmophilia.com/2011/12/17/interview-rid...-and-original-alien/
12 years 4 months ago #17834

• Lobizon
  • REF Member
  • REF Member
  • Bounty Hunter! =☠=

12 years 4 months ago #17840

• MEMO1DOMINION
  • Commander
  • Commander

LOOKING GOOD. ONE OF THE THINGS I AM LOOKING FORWARD TO.

:)
12 years 4 months ago #17841

• Lobizon
  • REF Member
  • REF Member
  • Bounty Hunter! =☠=

Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]
Last edit: 12 years 4 months ago by Lobizon.
12 years 4 months ago #17847

• MEMO1DOMINION
  • Commander
  • Commander

NICE.
12 years 4 months ago #17858

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by Maxmapster on topic Re: PROMETHEUS (ALIEN) PREQUEL 2012

definitely want to see this. Heard we'll see some face suckers and maybe an early alien like creature. Heard this movie not only a sci-fi, but some scary ass stuff as well.
12 years 1 month ago #18368

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by lil-mungus on topic Re: PROMETHEUS (ALIEN) PREQUEL 2012

This is the most excited I have been about a film in quite a while. Maybe since Transformers, which nearly killed any enthusiasm I had left for modern Sci-Fi movies. Avatar was good but I didn't really care about any of the characters. James Cameron did a kick @ss job on Aliens but to me since then it has been "game over man" for the franchise. I still want to hunt down & slap the idiot French director who kicked my hopes in the balls with Alien Resurection. I don't care if he made City of Lost Children. He still deserves a hard slap in the face for putting in that Jerry Lewis character as general effectively making a mockery of a great story.

I'm sorry but once somebody can't act or direct I have a hard time following. Seriously if they teach a class on how to make a suspense movie work that in many cases wouldn't they should show Alien. And if they teach teach a follow up class on how to add action to a suspense movie they should show Aliens. And if they want to teach a class on how to be an idiot clueless p.o.s. director they should show Alien Resurection.

Anyways to end on a good note I am stoked Ridley Scott has been brough back. I hope he has full control and performs magic once again. If you are a og geek I will see you there!
12 years 1 month ago #18373

Time to create page: 0.409 seconds