‘Highlander’ Reboot

• MEMO1DOMINION
  • MEMO1DOMINION's Avatar Topic Author
  • Commander
  • Commander
  • Thank you received: 114

‘Highlander’ Reboot was created by MEMO1DOMINION

KEEPING AN EYE OUT FOR THIS ONE. LOVE THE ORIGINAL MOVIES AND TV SERIES. BUT THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE....GUESS NOT.

Ryan Reynolds is the Frontrunner for the ‘Highlander’ Reboot
screenrant.com/ryan-reynolds-highlander-reboot-sandy-172802/

There hasn’t really been any progress or report on the Highlander reboot, since Juan Carlos Fresnadillo (28 Weeks Later) signed up to direct the project – shortly before he officially jumped ship on another impending reboot, The Crow.

Reports are in that the newly-formed Lionsgate-Summit has potentially found the man to follow after Christopher Lambert as the revamped Highlander series’ protagonist [Insert obligatory "There can be only one!" joke here] – and it’s none other than Blade/X-Men/Green Lantern franchise alum, Ryan Reynolds.

Variety says that Reynolds has emerged as the front-runner for the rebooted Highlander; furthermore, their insiders are reporting that preliminary talks have begun, but that Reynolds is still “weighing other offers.” So there is no guarantee (yet) that he will commit to the project, which is being scripted by Iron Man and Punisher: War Zone writing duo Matt Holloway and Art Marcum.

All things considered, this announcement isn’t too shocking. Reynolds may have suffered a rough year in 2011, between the under-performance of Green Lantern and The Change-Up, but he followed it up with this year’s Safe House – which proved a box office success and earned the actor praise for his performance. Moreover, Reynolds packs enough star-power to help make the Highlander reboot a more bankable venture, but not so much as to overshadow the project’s main selling points: brand recognition and appeal to the built-in fanbase – which seems to agree that the franchise could use a fresh start, at this point.

Reynold’s potential involvement with the Highlander reboot should go over better with fans than, say, those old rumors about Channing Tatum being eyed for The Crow – but the buzz will probably still be lukewarm overall. That seems to be the general feeling about this project right now: it’s far from Hollywood’s worst planned reinvention of an older property, but there’s nothing really inspiring about how it’s come together either (so far).
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
11 years 11 months ago #18767

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by Silverbolt on topic Re: ‘Highlander’ Reboot

I'm not sure what I feel about this. I like Ryan Reynolds as an actor, I'm sure he can do the role justice. The Highlander movies themselves haven't all been good though. That, and I don't care for the continuing trend of "let's remake everything we possibly can" that Hollywood is stuck on (respinning classic Disney movies?, really?).

I've watched five Highlander movies (I think that's all of them), but I only liked two of them, the original and Endgame. The horrible atrocity, the Final Dimension and that last TV movie that finished the series, I didn't care for any of those.
"If I melt dry ice, can I swim without getting wet?" -Steven Wright
11 years 10 months ago #19033

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.240 seconds