NCIS: Los Angeles

• Peter Young
  • Topic Author
  • Academy Cadet
  • Academy Cadet
  • Thank you received: 96

NCIS: Los Angeles was created by Peter Young

Just read that NCIS: Los Angeles will continue for a ninth season this fall.

Love the series, but I was hoping the current season would have been the last. This and previous season, many storylines, both the bigger overall stories and the smaller ones concerning individual characters, have been resolved. Had this season been used to wrap things up and end it, it would have been fine.

I fear that continuation might very well lead to jumping the shark.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alpha Bravo, ChinaHoumb
Last edit: 6 years 11 months ago by Peter Young.
6 years 11 months ago #25965

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 573

Replied by Alpha Bravo on topic NCIS: Los Angeles

Dexter was pretty good.
"Offers that are selected that the deposit paid the amount that we do not decide, or the pool, sipping mulled wine, and in addition you can play table tennis, there is one drawback, I do not have rights." - random spambot (translated)
The following user(s) said Thank You: LadyGrimes, ChinaHoumb
6 years 11 months ago #25967

• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master
  • Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy!
  • Thank you received: 947

Replied by LadyGrimes on topic NCIS: Los Angeles

Alpha Bravo wrote: Dexter was pretty good.

Dexter was amazing sans for the final season, hated how it ended! Season 4 was the best IMO

Thank you @AB for my adorable new avatar! <3
6 years 11 months ago #25982

• Thank you received: 573

Replied by Alpha Bravo on topic NCIS: Los Angeles

I hated how his sister loved him and he didn't love her back.

But maybe Game of Thrones has Bill Nyeified me in that respect.
"Offers that are selected that the deposit paid the amount that we do not decide, or the pool, sipping mulled wine, and in addition you can play table tennis, there is one drawback, I do not have rights." - random spambot (translated)
The following user(s) said Thank You: LadyGrimes, ChinaHoumb
6 years 11 months ago #25984

• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master

I actually thought it was a little strange how the story shifted in that direction at all. Totally out of left field kind of thing, but yeah I too felt bad for Deb.

6 years 11 months ago #25991

• Peter Young
  • Topic Author
  • Academy Cadet
  • Academy Cadet

Replied by Peter Young on topic NCIS: Los Angeles

TWD, GoT, Dexter - do you like any series that don't involve people getting killed? :unsure:

Like NCIS: LA' because of the characters. As far as I'm concerned, they could do without the shooting every episode.

Most reallife crime investigation is about thinking and gathering evidence. Investigators getting into firefights on a weekly basis seems to be a TV thing.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ChinaHoumb
6 years 11 months ago #25994

• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master

Peter Young wrote: TWD, GoT, Dexter - do you like any series that don't involve people getting killed? :unsure:

Like NCIS: LA' because of the characters. As far as I'm concerned, they could do without the shooting every episode.

Most reallife crime investigation is about thinking and gathering evidence. Investigators getting into firefights on a weekly basis seems to be a TV thing.

But NCIS is still about death is it not? You have a team investigating murder and visiting crime scenes, where *le gasp* people have been killed.

So don't be so judgemental mmk?

6 years 11 months ago #25995

• Peter Young
  • Topic Author
  • Academy Cadet
  • Academy Cadet

Back on topic: last weeks' episode involved four members seperately being caught next to evidence of violent crimes by different law enforcing agencies.
On the exact same day as Hetty was supposed to retire because of not smoking out the leak in time.

Seems too much like something a scenario writer would come up with: it's too perfect, too thought through, too complicated - too unlikely to happen in real life.

Especially because after Hetty leaving office most of the LA branche would get fired or transferred anyway.
By doing this, anyone would simply see it for what it really was: too much happening at once.
Hence the agents would probably be released anyway and even Hetty might end up being re-instated.
A real plotter would not blow his cover by overdoing things.

But if the above wasn't fictional enough: the team knows people in two of the four law-agencies. What a coincidence, they're both away on assignment the day the main characters get arrested!

And just when the rooky vice-minister is starting to realize he was being played at and decides to stick up for his agents, a FIFTH law enforcing agency appears at the boathouse, the vice-minister gets shot by a sniper and even the communications between ops and the boathouse get scrambled.

Oh yeah, it was conveniantly suggested it was the CIA plotting against NCIS: LA.
Not entirely impossible, the two organizations quarreled about the 'White Ghost'.
But wether one secret service is actually plotting against the other or the CIA was being framed by the real conspirators - it is all too much...

Rumour has it that next episode is the second part and that the week after, one of the arrested members was moved to an unknown location.

I'm inclined to skip those two episodes and start wtaching again the week after.
Sorry, it's just too ridiculous.
6 years 11 months ago #25996

• Peter Young
  • Topic Author
  • Academy Cadet
  • Academy Cadet

LadyGrimes wrote:
But NCIS is still about death is it not? You have a team investigating murder and visiting crime scenes, where *le gasp* people have been killed.

As far as I'm concerned, the stories shouldn't be always about murder. Enough other crimes that could be solved.

Main reason why I don't watch most police or crime series is because of the onesided focus on murder. At least Agatha Christy and Arthur Conan Doyle occasionally wrote stories not involving murder.

NCIS: LA is the odd exception. Somehow I like the characters.
Tried the mother series a few times after becoming 'LA' fan, but it doesn't work for me. Characters don't appeal to me.
6 years 11 months ago #25997

• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master

Peter Young wrote:

LadyGrimes wrote:

As far as I'm concerned, the stories shouldn't be always about murder. Enough other crimes that could be solved.

Main reason why I don't watch most police or crime series is because of the onesided focus on murder. At least Agatha Christy and Arthur Conan Doyle occasionally wrote stories not involving murder.

NCIS: LA is the odd exception. Somehow I like the characters.
Tried the mother series a few times after becoming 'LA' fan, but it doesn't work for me. Characters don't appeal to me.

No but the point I'm making is it does include murder and people dying, therefore its rather hypocritical to judge what me and AB watch.

6 years 11 months ago #25998

Time to create page: 0.372 seconds