6 years 10 months ago #26000

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master
  • Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy!
  • Thank you received: 947

Replied by LadyGrimes on topic NCIS: Los Angeles

I'm afraid I don't watch that turd of a show so you're going to have to explain the reference. :S

Thank you @AB for my adorable new avatar! <3
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alpha Bravo
6 years 10 months ago #26004

• Peter Young
  • Topic Author
  • Academy Cadet
  • Academy Cadet
  • Thank you received: 96

Replied by Peter Young on topic NCIS: Los Angeles

In the end, I taped the second half so I could fast-forward the boring bits. Allthough the conclusion remained a bit far-fetched, it turned out less bad than I expected, so I'm glad I watched it after all.

At the end of the episode, one member of the team got kidnapped by an antagonist who apparently held a personal grudge. In general I find stories about antagist who want revenge on the protagonists boring (regardless of the series), so I skipped that one. The best way to keep interest in series alive is to ignore the stories you like less.

This week's episode had a sad ending: after Owen Granger had released himself out of hospital and left for an unknown destination, the screen turned black. A picture of the actor who performed him, Miguel Ferrier, appeared. Apparently the subplot of Granger being diagnosed with an incurable disease was based on what had happened to the actor.

I have to admit that the character did not mean much to me. The team already had a director (Hetty) and a field leader (Callen). Adding Granger as a regular cast member not only contradicted his function of vice-director, it usually meant that he either brought nothing to the story or that Hetty or Callen faded from view that episode. What made him interesting to me, was the revelation he had a daughter - a storyline that will probably never be explored now.

But this was definitely not the way Owen Granger should have left the series.
6 years 10 months ago #26063

• Thank you received: 573

Replied by Alpha Bravo on topic NCIS: Los Angeles

20 years ago my mother video taped a bunch of Deep Space Nine for me. There was an episode where Jadzia Dax, a Trill host for a Symbiont who had lived 7 lifetimes and counting, kissed another host of a Symbiont who she had been remantically involved with in their previous lives.

The two characters were both female.

My mother stopped the tape during that scene, and then restarted it after the kiss ended. I went out and bought the DVD box set because that was some serious bullshit.
"Offers that are selected that the deposit paid the amount that we do not decide, or the pool, sipping mulled wine, and in addition you can play table tennis, there is one drawback, I do not have rights." - random spambot (translated)
6 years 10 months ago #26079

• Peter Young
  • Topic Author
  • Academy Cadet
  • Academy Cadet
  • Thank you received: 96

Replied by Peter Young on topic NCIS: Los Angeles

He, scenario writers can't do much against actors dying from cancer.
And me being a fiction junky does not prevent me from realising that what happened to the actor is sadder than a subplot never being resolved.

It just happens to be I never cared for the character untill that subplot and now that story will probably never be told.

In general, I fear that this season was the jumping the shark season. I hope next year's season will be used to tie up all the lose ends - hopefully also that Jennifer Kim subplot - and then end the series.
6 years 9 months ago #26125

Time to create page: 0.450 seconds