The most telling things about Shadow Chronicles...

• Sushispook
  • Sushispook's Avatar Topic Author
  • Micronian
  • Micronian
  • Thank you received: 0

The most telling things about Shadow Chronicles... was created by Sushispook

I've been trawling through ebay and other various sites, trying to add more enemy mecha to my collection, when it just sort of hit me...

For all of Harmony Gold's assertions that OMG Shadow Chronicles did awesome, it's not a failure, etc etc etc...

... how often have you seen anyone clamor for toys/models/figurines/etc of *any* of the haydonite mecha? And compare that to how often you can find people requesting MPC Invid or even Bioroids?

I've said it before about the Maia MPC, and I'll say it again here... I *want* to believe, but every time I really stop and examine TSC, the more I find plot holes and inconsistencies and lazy writing/retconing, and I end up feeling like it's a giant shiny, but ultimately hollow hack job with a budget.
13 years 7 months ago #13350

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• SIGHUP
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Admin this!
  • Thank you received: 32

Replied by SIGHUP on topic Re: The most telling things about Shadow Chronicles...

Welcome to the club.
--David Pena
SIGHUP
www.robotechx.com - a fandom based site | RIP Carl Macek (1951-2010)
13 years 7 months ago #13367

• blackconvoy_D01
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Veritech Fighter

Replied by blackconvoy_D01 on topic Re:The most telling things about Shadow Chronicles

I've observed the same inconsistancies in the sc movie. I was very surprised especially after finally reading ptsc. How could so much effort be put into the story of ptsc, but not the sc itself? I guess quality is set aside for deadlines in most cases. Let's hope that in rt future endeavors its not the case.
My appreciation pics page:
www.flickr.com/photos/26350372@N04/
13 years 7 months ago #13369

• Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re:The most telling things about Shadow Chronicles

blackconvoy_D01 wrote:

I've observed the same inconsistancies in the sc movie. I was very surprised especially after finally reading ptsc. How could so much effort be put into the story of ptsc, but not the sc itself? I guess quality is set aside for deadlines in most cases. Let's hope that in rt future endeavors its not the case.

ACTUALLY THE COMICS BEFORE THE MOVIE RELEASE WAS AS BAD. IT WAS RUSHED TO FALL IN A DATE BEFORE SHADOW CHRONICLES RELEASE.

THIS SECOND TIME AROUND IT WAS FIXED AND THE COLORS WERE ALSO FIXED FROM IT'S ORIGINAL FORM.

AT LEAST THE SECOND ATTEMPT WAS BETTER. WHICH I AM HOPING THE SAME WILL HAPPEN WITH THE CONTINUING RISING STORY.
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
13 years 7 months ago #13371

• Sushispook
  • Sushispook's Avatar Topic Author
  • Micronian
  • Micronian

Replied by Sushispook on topic Re:The most telling things about Shadow Chronicles

I never read the original comic release of prelude, but I got my trade paperback copy of prelude a couple of weeks ago, and it made me want to punch babies until they turn into skittles. ANGRY skittles.

Why does Edwards have a giant butt for a chin? It's like the assface episode of Southpark... And the red eyepiece? Really, why didn't they give him a giant black top hat, a waxed handlebar mustache, and call him Snidely Whiplash?

Why didn't anyone lock the Waltrips in a dungeon for insanely gratuitous overuse of VZUUU! and other action-noise bits? It was obnoxious - it got to the point where all I heard was a 5 year old kid running around the house going "PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW!" - totally ruined the enjoyment of the artwork for me (which was the one thing I *did* like).
13 years 7 months ago #13372

Time to create page: 0.395 seconds