The Reign of the Haydonites is Ending...

  • Posts: 4615
  • Thank you received: 95

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re: The Reign of the Haydonites is Ending...

blackconvoy_D01 wrote:

That's if A&E doesn't dump Robotech after poor sales and lame releases.

BIG "IF".

A&E WILL BE AROUND FOR A BIT. NOW I AM MORE SURE THAT RLLA WILL BE RELEASED BY A&E SEEING THAT FUNIMATION IS OUT.
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
7 years 11 months ago #18108

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • ps99041
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by ps99041 on topic Re: The Reign of the Haydonites is Ending...

FINALLY! Memo actually wrote something that makes sense. I wouldn't be surprised if A&E distribute LLA. Heck, the opportunity to distribute LLA is probably why A&E took the hit of releasing the original 85 for the billionth time; they've been tricked into believing LLA will sell gangbusters like SC (despite everyone wanting SR) so they can make gangbuster loads of money. Still, this is assuming LLA ever gets completed since those extra minutes they ordered are probably gonna take years to finish.
7 years 11 months ago #18111

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • mecha2241
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by mecha2241 on topic Re: The Reign of the Haydonites is Ending...

ps99041 wrote:

Still, this is assuming LLA ever gets completed since those extra minutes they ordered are probably gonna take years to finish.


They'll probably get stuck on a boat. Also, anyone who thinks Funimation is going under just because they discontinued 4 series is a complete moron. I mean you have to be the dumbest person alive to think something like that...
7 years 11 months ago #18112

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Gubaba
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Gubaba on topic Re: The Reign of the Haydonites is Ending...

MEMO1DOMINION wrote:

blackconvoy_D01 wrote:

That's if A&E doesn't dump Robotech after poor sales and lame releases.

BIG "IF".

A&E WILL BE AROUND FOR A BIT.


I totally agree. I never really understood the animosity for the A&E set, since ADV had gone out of business, effectively putting an end to the Protoculture Collection. If the company that released the DVD set went belly-up, why NOT rerelease it through someone else?

And well, I haven't heard the A&E DVD sales were good, but I haven't heard they were bad, either. I don't think any of us knows HOW they're doing, really.

MEMO1DOMINION wrote:

NOW I AM MORE SURE THAT RLLA WILL BE RELEASED BY A&E SEEING THAT FUNIMATION IS OUT.

Okay...that's a big "if."
7 years 11 months ago #18113

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Posts: 54
  • Thank you received: 0

Replied by Fuzzy on topic Re: The Reign of the Haydonites is Ending...

FYI guys, Funimation is NOT going out of my business. (at least not to my knowledge). They just got bought out a couple of months back and are under new management, but thats about it. They just announced a new title they've acquired the rights to at Ohayocon this weekend. If they were going out of business, i doubt they'd be doing that.
7 years 11 months ago #18115

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Posts: 4615
  • Thank you received: 95

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re: The Reign of the Haydonites is Ending...

mecha2241 wrote:

They'll probably get stuck on a boat. Also, anyone who thinks Funimation is going under just because they discontinued 4 series is a complete moron. I mean you have to be the dumbest person alive to think something like that...

WHY I NEVER SAID THEY GOING UNDER.


PRODUCT SUPPORT.

KNOWING THE LICENSE IS ABOUT TO EXPIRE OR KNOW A COMPANY MIGHT NEED CHANGES IN HANDLING YOUR PRODUCT ITS ONLY OBVIOUS THE MOVE HG MADE WITH A&E. WAY OF FORECASTING YOUR BUSINESS. BUT MEH, I CAN SEE SOME MIGHT NOT UNDERSTAND.. OR THIS CASE DON'T WANT TO UNDERSTAND.

EVEN WHEN FUNIMATION PUTS OUT THIS "The company stated that it is looking into more efficient means of continuing the release." IF FUNIMATION NEEDS TO RESTRUCTURE, THEN FINE. HOPE THEY DON'T GO UNDER. I THINK I SEE MORE OF THEIR DVDS OUT IN FRONT AT THE STORES :P

THAT BEING SAID, MY KIDS AND I ARE MORE HAPPY WATCHING ANIME ON NETFLIX. KIDS ALSO SEE NETFLIX THROUGH THEIR NINTENDO 3DS WHEREVER THERE IS WIFI. SO IT DOES SAVE A LOT ON RENTING AND BUYING UP DVD'S.


Fuzzy wrote:

FYI guys, Funimation is NOT going out of my business. (at least not to my knowledge). They just got bought out a couple of months back and are under new management, but thats about it. They just announced a new title they've acquired the rights to at Ohayocon this weekend. If they were going out of business, i doubt they'd be doing that.


LIKE I SAID ABOVE. THEY GOING THROUGH A RESTRUCTURE. AS WELL AS HOW TO MAKE THEIR STUFF AT BETTER COST. HOPE THEY SUCCEED. ONLINE VIEWING IS PROBABLY STEEL KING.



Gubaba wrote:

I totally agree. I never really understood the animosity for the A&E set, since ADV had gone out of business, effectively putting an end to the Protoculture Collection. If the company that released the DVD set went belly-up, why NOT rerelease it through someone else?

And well, I haven't heard the A&E DVD sales were good, but I haven't heard they were bad, either. I don't think any of us knows HOW they're doing, really.

YEAH, THAT'S JUST THE FRINGE THAT LIKE TO REPORT THE DOOM AND GLOOM.

SOMEONE RELEASING IT IS STILL GOOD. ESPECIALLY WHEN FANS CAN BUY IT STILL AFTER THE LEGACY, REMASTERED, AND PROTOCULTURE SETS HAVE COME OUT.
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
Last edit: 7 years 11 months ago by MEMO1DOMINION.
7 years 11 months ago #18116

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Posts: 543
  • Thank you received: 0

Replied by rtsurfer on topic Re: The Reign of the Haydonites is Ending...

Funimation Sues A.D. Vision, Sentai, Others for US$8 Million

Could this suit also concern the Robotech tv series or had ADV's license for it already expired?
"rtsurfer's two cent..." ;O)

rtsurfer's ROBOTECH archive
7 years 11 months ago #18125

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Posts: 309
  • Thank you received: 3

Replied by MaverickLSC on topic Re: The Reign of the Haydonites is Ending...

If suit involved Robotech as a property then Harmony Gold would have been subpoenaed, therefore listed in the suit. But since A&E has the DVD distribution with the release of the Robotech Completed series boxset, i'm sure the ADV license had expired.

Mav...
The Sergeant Hartman of Robotech.com
7 years 11 months ago #18126

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Posts: 4615
  • Thank you received: 95

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re: The Reign of the Haydonites is Ending...

MaverickLSC wrote:

If suit involved Robotech as a property then Harmony Gold would have been subpoenaed, therefore listed in the suit. But since A&E has the DVD distribution with the release of the Robotech Completed series boxset, i'm sure the ADV license had expired.

Mav...

IMO, WOULDN'T BE SURPRISED IF THERE WAS A CLAUSE ATTACHED TO THE DEAL FOR SPECIAL CIRCUMSTANCES BESIDES EXPERATION.
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
Last edit: 7 years 11 months ago by MEMO1DOMINION.
7 years 11 months ago #18133

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Gubaba
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Gubaba on topic Re: The Reign of the Haydonites is Ending...

The amount of people just making shit up in this thread is making me sorry I ever started it.

Look, here are the facts: Funimation is discontinuing four titles, including Shadow Chronicles. We don't know why.

We also know that Funimation is suing the companies that ADV split into when it went bankrupt.

We know that Shadow Chronicles will, very soon, not be available. We know that the remnants of ADV are being sued. We know that the remnants of ADV have countersued.

Anything else is just speculation, and should be treated with the disdain it deserves.
Last edit: 7 years 11 months ago by Gubaba.
7 years 11 months ago #18137

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.462 seconds