The Reign of the Haydonites is Ending...

  • Gubaba
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

The Reign of the Haydonites is Ending... was created by Gubaba

...because Funimation is discontinuing Shadow Chronicles on DVD and Blu-Ray.

www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2012-01-27...4-dvd-blu-ray-titles
7 years 11 months ago #18092

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • mecha2241
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by mecha2241 on topic Re: The Reign of the Haydonites is Ending...

I guess that means "gangbusters" doesn't add up to much.
7 years 11 months ago #18094

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Posts: 4615
  • Thank you received: 95

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re: The Reign of the Haydonites is Ending...

Gubaba wrote:

...because Funimation is discontinuing Shadow Chronicles on DVD and Blu-Ray.

www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2012-01-27...4-dvd-blu-ray-titles




Funimation Discontinues 4 DVD, Blu-ray Titles

Dragon Ball Z Kai, Kodocha, Nerima Daikon Brothers, Robotech: The Shadow Chronicles to go out of print

The North American anime retailer Right Stuf revealed on Friday that Funimation has discontinued several titles. These include:

Dragon Ball Z Kai parts 1-4 (DVD & Blu-ray)
Kodocha seasons 1-2 (DVD)
Nerima Daikon Brothers (DVD)
Robotech: The Shadow Chronicles (DVD and Blu-ray)

Additionally, two live action films, Ghost Train and Synethesia, have also been discontinued. Right Stuf noted that once current stocks are depleted, they will no longer be available.

Funimation also announced on Thursday that it has ceased production on volumes of Dragon Ball Z Blu-ray editions beginning with Level 2.1 (originally scheduled for March 27) due to the demanding tasks of remastering the series in HD. The company stated that it is looking into more efficient means of continuing the release.
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
7 years 11 months ago #18095

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Posts: 4615
  • Thank you received: 95

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re: The Reign of the Haydonites is Ending...

IS FUNIMATION GOING AWAY LIKE ADV?

WOULD MAKE SENSE ON THE A&E DEAL.



GUESS HG KNEW WHAT WAS COMING.
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
7 years 11 months ago #18096

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Gubaba
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Gubaba on topic Re: The Reign of the Haydonites is Ending...

MEMO1DOMINION wrote:

IS FUNIMATION GOING AWAY LIKE ADV?

WOULD MAKE SENSE ON THE A&E DEAL.



GUESS HG KNEW WHAT WAS COMING.

THANK YOU!! I was wondering what the spin would be.

But let's be clear...you're saying that Funimation will soon declare bankruptcy, like ADV did, aren't you?

What kind of time-frame are we talking?
7 years 11 months ago #18097

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Posts: 4615
  • Thank you received: 95

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re: The Reign of the Haydonites is Ending...

Gubaba wrote:

MEMO1DOMINION wrote:

IS FUNIMATION GOING AWAY LIKE ADV?

WOULD MAKE SENSE ON THE A&E DEAL.



GUESS HG KNEW WHAT WAS COMING.

THANK YOU!! I was wondering what the spin would be.

But let's be clear...you're saying that Funimation will soon declare bankruptcy, like ADV did, aren't you?

What kind of time-frame are we talking?

NO SPIN AT ALL. YOUR TOPIC STARTER JUST TOOK IT THAT WAY. :laugh:

JUST WONDERING SINCE THERE ARE OTHER TITLES ALREADY DROPPED AS WELL LIKE SHADOW CHRONICLES. :unsure:
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
7 years 11 months ago #18099

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Gubaba
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Gubaba on topic Re: The Reign of the Haydonites is Ending...

MEMO1DOMINION wrote:

Gubaba wrote:

MEMO1DOMINION wrote:

IS FUNIMATION GOING AWAY LIKE ADV?

WOULD MAKE SENSE ON THE A&E DEAL.



GUESS HG KNEW WHAT WAS COMING.

THANK YOU!! I was wondering what the spin would be.

But let's be clear...you're saying that Funimation will soon declare bankruptcy, like ADV did, aren't you?

What kind of time-frame are we talking?

NO SPIN AT ALL. YOUR TOPIC STARTER JUST TOOK IT THAT WAY. :laugh:

JUST WONDERING SINCE THERE ARE OTHER TITLES ALREADY DROPPED AS WELL LIKE SHADOW CHRONICLES. :unsure:

Oh, okay...so if OTHER series are getting dropped, that means that Shadow Chronicles getting discontinued is no big deal...?

Be CLEAR, man! SAY WHAT YOU GOTTA SAY!!
7 years 11 months ago #18101

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Posts: 4615
  • Thank you received: 95

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re: The Reign of the Haydonites is Ending...

Gubaba wrote:

Oh, okay...so if OTHER series are getting dropped, that means that Shadow Chronicles getting discontinued is no big deal...?

Be CLEAR, man! SAY WHAT YOU GOTTA SAY!!

NOPE. THEY HAVE A&E THAT CAN DISTRIBUTE.
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
7 years 11 months ago #18103

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Gubaba
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Gubaba on topic Re: The Reign of the Haydonites is Ending...

MEMO1DOMINION wrote:

Gubaba wrote:

Oh, okay...so if OTHER series are getting dropped, that means that Shadow Chronicles getting discontinued is no big deal...?

Be CLEAR, man! SAY WHAT YOU GOTTA SAY!!

NOPE. THEY HAVE A&E THAT CAN DISTRIBUTE.

Okay, so A&E will distribute Shadow Chronicles? When?
7 years 11 months ago #18105

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • blackconvoy_D01
  • blackconvoy_D01's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Posts: 289
  • Thank you received: 0

Replied by blackconvoy_D01 on topic Re: The Reign of the Haydonites is Ending...

Gubaba wrote:

MEMO1DOMINION wrote:

Gubaba wrote:

Oh, okay...so if OTHER series are getting dropped, that means that Shadow Chronicles getting discontinued is no big deal...?

Be CLEAR, man! SAY WHAT YOU GOTTA SAY!!

NOPE. THEY HAVE A&E THAT CAN DISTRIBUTE.

Okay, so A&E will distribute Shadow Chronicles? When?


That's if A&E doesn't dump Robotech after poor sales and lame releases.
My appreciation pics page:
www.flickr.com/photos/26350372@N04/
7 years 11 months ago #18106

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.567 seconds