Could the Haydonites be...

• aka_s2h
  • aka_s2h's Avatar Topic Author
  • Micronian
  • Micronian
  • Thank you received: 2

Could the Haydonites be... was created by aka_s2h

The Flower of Life (FOL) caused the Invid to evolve by consuming it. Who is to say that the FOL did not evolve itself. AS the Invid became mechanized perhaps the Haydonites are the mechanized form of the FOL.

Just a thought.
11 years 10 months ago #18963

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re: Could the Haydonites be...

WELL, I SUGGEST READING FRANK HERBERT DUNE BOOKS SERIES ESPECIALLY 1-3. CONSIDERING CARL MACEK USED A GOOD SIZE OF INFLUENCE FROM THE BOOKS FOR PROTOCULTURE AND FLOWER OF LIFE AND ROBOTECH. I CAN SEE A GOOD SIZABLE RELATIONSHIP TO THE "PROTOCULTURE/FOL" OF ROBOTECH AND THE "SPICE" FROM DUNE.

aka_s2h wrote:

The Flower of Life (FOL) caused the Invid to evolve by consuming it. Who is to say that the FOL did not evolve itself. AS the Invid became mechanized perhaps the Haydonites are the mechanized form of the FOL.

Just a thought.

AND I DON'T THINK THEY EVOLVED THROUGH CONSUMPTION BUT THROUGH ITS USE IN THE GENESIS PITS. I DO BELIEVE THE FOL HAS A LIFE OF ITS OWN AND ITS OWN MEANS FOR SURVIVAL AND MOVEMENT DEPENDING WHO USES IT AND HOW. I DONT THINK THE INVID WERE MECHANIZED BUT USED MECHA EITHER WAY.

POSSIBLY LIKE A BIOROID FROM THE MASTERS WHERE THE HOST/PILOT USES PHYSICAL STIMULI OR SONIC FREQUENCY RECEIVERS CONTROLLED BY MIXTURES OF TELEPATHIC SUGGESTIONS AND SIGNALS FROM ARTIFICIAL SENSORS AS LOUIE DISCOVERS IN ONE OF THE EPISODES.
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
Last edit: 11 years 10 months ago by MEMO1DOMINION.
11 years 10 months ago #18964

• aka_s2h
  • aka_s2h's Avatar Topic Author
  • Micronian
  • Micronian
  • Thank you received: 2

Replied by aka_s2h on topic Re: Could the Haydonites be...

I guess I better read Dune
Also I was of the impression that the Invid became "aware" through consuming the FOL, and then evolved. I haven't read the books for a long time but that is where i got it from. Either that or haconsumed too much FOL back in the day
11 years 10 months ago #18965

• Gubaba
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Gubaba on topic Re: Could the Haydonites be...

aka_s2h wrote:

You haven't...? I read it when I was 13, and fell in love with it.

Make sure you read at least the first three books. After that, you're on your own...
11 years 10 months ago #18967

Gubaba wrote:

aka_s2h wrote:

You haven't...? I read it when I was 13, and fell in love with it.

Make sure you read at least the first three books. After that, you're on your own...

YEAH, READ IT AROUND THAT AGE AS WELL. BACK THEN THERE WERE NO INTERNET OR MUCH OF VIDEO GAMES. LOCAL LIBRARY WAS THE PLACE TO BE FOR MUCH OF ONES ENTERTAINMENT.

AND ALSO DON'T CHEAT BY LOOKING AT THE MOVIES. THERE IS SOME DIFFERENCE.
11 years 10 months ago #18968

• Gubaba
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Gubaba on topic Re: Could the Haydonites be...

MEMO1DOMINION wrote:

YEAH, READ IT AROUND THAT AGE AS WELL. BACK THEN THERE WERE NO INTERNET OR MUCH OF VIDEO GAMES. LOCAL LIBRARY WAS THE PLACE TO BE FOR MUCH OF ONES ENTERTAINMENT.

Big difference being: the movie kinda sucks, but the book totally rocks. :P
11 years 10 months ago #18969

aka_s2h wrote:

Also I was of the impression that the Invid became "aware" through consuming the FOL, and then evolved. I haven't read the books for a long time but that is where i got it from. Either that or haconsumed too much FOL back in the day

NOT SURE. THERE IS VARIOUS SOURCES THAT ADDED TO THE STORY. BEST WAS THE ROBOTECH GENESIS "LEGENDS OF ZOR" SERIES BY ETERNITY COMICS. LITTLE GOOFY ON THE PART WHERE ZOR AND THE REGESS MET AND SHE BECOMES "AWARE" OF THINGS THROUGH A CONNECTION ON ZOR'S MIND AS HE DOES HIMSELF ON THE USE OF PROTOCULTURE.

WOULD HAVE WRITTEN IT A LITTLE DIFFERENT BUT PROBABLY BETTER SUITED IN A REBOOT.

I THINK THE REGESS HAS ALWAYS BEEN AWARE OF THINGS. HOW THINGS WORK IN THE UNIVERSE AND SUCH. I ALSO THINK SHE AND THE INVID ARE MORE CONNECTED TO THE FLOWER OF LIFE THAN ANY OTHER BEING. TO EVOLVE WAS TO BE BETTER THAN HER PRESENT STATE WHEN MEETING ZOR. ZOR MUST HAVE OFFERED SOMETHING BETTER IN A PHYSICAL SENSE.

NOW BACK TO DUNE, THERE IS A LOT OF TALK ABOUT "AWARENESS" IN THE FIRST BOOK AND HAS TO DO WITH THE SPICE AND HOW PAUL ATRAIDES IS ABOUT TO PUSH HIMSELF INTO THE SAME SPOT AS THE REGEES. BUT WILL NOT SPOIL IT FOR YOU.

NOW YOU COME CLOSE TO CONNECTING THE "AWARNESS" OF SHADOW CHRONICLES AND THE INVID. I SEEN THAT IN THE DUNE FIRST BOOK. BUT HAVE TO SEE IF IT PLAYS OUT IN THE CONTINUATION OF THE SHADOW SERIES. DONT THINK IT WILL BE EXACTLY THE SAME BUT CURIOUS TO SEE HOW IT PLAYS OUT.
Last edit: 11 years 10 months ago by MEMO1DOMINION.
11 years 10 months ago #18970

Gubaba wrote:

MEMO1DOMINION wrote:

Big difference being: the movie kinda sucks, but the book totally rocks. :P

HAHAHA, I WAS BEING NICE. BUT YEAH.
11 years 10 months ago #18971

• Thank you received: 3

Replied by MaverickLSC on topic Re: Could the Haydonites be...

Perhaps there's a connection between the concept of living machines that we saw in Robotech 3000 and the newly reimagined Haydonites we see in Robotech: The Shadow Chronicles.

Could it be that Protoculture really is a catalyst in bridging the gap between the biology of life and that of machines?

Something akin to the Matrix in the Transformers movies or to the resurrection ship in Battlestar Galactica.

Bridging Biology with Technology sounds like the next step in any intelligent species that advances in scale of technology.

Mav...
The Sergeant Hartman of Robotech.com
11 years 10 months ago #18972

• Thank you received: 13

Replied by Protoculture on topic Re: Could the Haydonites be...

aka_s2h wrote:

That actually depends. Protoculture is one of key ingredients for Regess to manipulate the evolution of the Invid race. The same process that Masters has been able to emulate in designing their warrior giants through protoculture applications in genetic manipulation.

But Haydonites definitely not related to FoL. In the past, their ancestors blasted the 1st Invid homeworld which directly related in some way to FoL & Protoculture & its relations to the Invid. Then, as insinuated by various sources, Haydonites may have been in one way or another assisting / influencing Robotech Masters to blast the hell out the Invid 2nd homeworld on Optera, definitely connected with FoL / Protoculture and Invid.

Yet again, this time around, Haydonites again in secrecy decided to assist humanity in blasting the Earth, the rest of solar system along with both humanity & Invid entrenched there in one big giant blackhole courtesy of NS missiles. Yet again, Protoculture / FoL played a big part in Haydonite motivation. They despised anything related to Protoculture & FoL, even Invid, & even at the end, opening a crusader front against the Protoculture-addicts.
11 years 9 months ago #19258

Time to create page: 0.512 seconds