What would you change in 'Shadow Chronicles'?

• Peter Young
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Peter Young on topic What would you cange in 'Shadow Chronicles'?

Alpha Bravo, Lady Grimes, there's something I don't understand.

It seems to me that the three of us are no fans of TSC. Lots of people on most Robotech-fansites seem to be no TSC-fans. On this site, even the TSC-section contains more critique than praise.

The idea of this topic was not to add more to what already had been said - it was to try something different. How to improve the story?

You must have guessed I'm no fan of TWD and zombie stories in general. If I were to rant on it in every TWD-topic on this site, you would probably wonder why I posted there at all.

No one is required to respond to every existing topic. If you do not like the proposed approach, why not simply not put posts here?
Last edit: 7 years 8 months ago by Peter Young.
7 years 8 months ago #23064

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master
  • Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy!
  • Thank you received: 947

Replied by LadyGrimes on topic What would you cange in 'Shadow Chronicles'?

Peter Young wrote: Alpha Bravo, Lady Grimes, there's something I don't understand.

It seems to me that the three of us are no fans of TSC. Lots of people on most Robotech-fansites seem to be no TSC-fans. On this site, even the TSC-section contains more critique than praise.

The idea of this topic was not to add more to what already had been said - it was to try something different. How to improve the story?

You must have guessed I'm no fan of TWD and zombie stories in general. If I were to rant on it in every TWD-topic on this site, you would probably wonder why I posted there at all.

No one is required to respond to every existing topic. If you do not like the proposed approach, why not simply not put posts here?

But that's just it I have mentioned ways they could've improved the story and more than once too I might add. Also you have kind of gone out of your way to make your distaste for TWD known, only the difference here is I've actually watched TSC whereas you have not even watched a single episode of TWD so that comparison sorta falls flat but I get what you're saying just the same. It just seems unfair to judge something based on its title or premise alone.

But so we can get back on topic. I don't think retelling the end of Symphony of Light was necessary for TSC at all. It was supposed to be a new story right? Then why not start off that way instead of rehashing what already exists. And the lack of macross characters is probably why it failed in terms of a sequel to Robotech. They could've easily been written into the story and redesigned so there's no legal issues. As it turns out that's one of the main reasons any kind of reboot of Robotech has been a complete failure and it sucks.

Thank you @AB for my adorable new avatar! <3
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alpha Bravo
7 years 8 months ago #23065

• Thank you received: 573

Replied by Alpha Bravo on topic What would you cange in 'Shadow Chronicles'?

LadyGrimes wrote: But so we can get back on topic. I don't think retelling the end of Symphony of Light was necessary for TSC at all. It was supposed to be a new story right? Then why not start off that way instead of rehashing what already exists. And the lack of macross characters is probably why it failed in terms of a sequel to Robotech. They could've easily been written into the story and redesigned so there's no legal issues. As it turns out that's one of the main reasons any kind of reboot of Robotech has been a complete failure and it sucks.

Maybe Shadow Rising will be good?!

Also, this seems somehow relevant:

<_<
"Offers that are selected that the deposit paid the amount that we do not decide, or the pool, sipping mulled wine, and in addition you can play table tennis, there is one drawback, I do not have rights." - random spambot (translated)
The following user(s) said Thank You: LadyGrimes
Last edit: 7 years 8 months ago by Alpha Bravo.
7 years 8 months ago #23068

• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master
  • Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy!
  • Thank you received: 947

Replied by LadyGrimes on topic What would you cange in 'Shadow Chronicles'?

Alpha Bravo wrote:

LadyGrimes wrote: But so we can get back on topic. I don't think retelling the end of Symphony of Light was necessary for TSC at all. It was supposed to be a new story right? Then why not start off that way instead of rehashing what already exists. And the lack of macross characters is probably why it failed in terms of a sequel to Robotech. They could've easily been written into the story and redesigned so there's no legal issues. As it turns out that's one of the main reasons any kind of reboot of Robotech has been a complete failure and it sucks.

Maybe Shadow Rising will be good?!

Also, this seems somehow relevant:

<_<

Thank you @AB for my adorable new avatar! <3
7 years 8 months ago #23069

• Thank you received: 2

Replied by tschenks on topic What would you change in 'Shadow Chronicles'?

I would have put late RDF/early REF mecha in the base when Skull Squadron had to get rid of their shadow technology: mothballed RDF veritechs.

And the Zentraedi in the REF.
Last edit: 6 years 6 months ago by tschenks.
6 years 6 months ago #26332

• Thank you received: 573

Replied by Alpha Bravo on topic What would you change in 'Shadow Chronicles'?

tschenks wrote: I would have put late RDF/early REF mecha in the base when Skull Squadron had to get rid of their shadow technology: mothballed RDF veritechs.

And the Zentraedi in the REF.

IKR? "Our Shadow Fighters are no good anymore, so we'll just use these other Shadow Fighters."

Pointless plot development with no payoff.
"Offers that are selected that the deposit paid the amount that we do not decide, or the pool, sipping mulled wine, and in addition you can play table tennis, there is one drawback, I do not have rights." - random spambot (translated)
6 years 6 months ago #26336

Time to create page: 0.296 seconds