Beyond Shadow Chronicles.. What comes next?

• Thank you received: 13

Replied by Protoculture on topic Re:Beyond Shadow Chronicles.. What comes next?

Mospeada was never really a giant hit in Japan. It had a small, dedicated fanbase and there was talk of a sequel that eventually became Megazone 23. After all these years, I wonder if Mospeada is still well-remembered in Japan to justify making a Mospeada II.

Its justifiable. Seriously.

Look at Mospeada's cousin, the cult hit OAV Bubblegum Crisis, from 1980s OAV classics to a modest remake of 26 eps Bubblegum Crisis 2040.

Besides, Korean local animation industry has proven good enough in producing local Korean animations that later get to be shown all over Asian market, even in the overly crowded & exclusive Japanese anime market.

Mospeada II is good enough with 26 eps run, a standard fare for most mecha anime, bar Macross & Gundam.
15 years 8 months ago #1322

Please Log in to join the conversation.

A Mospeada sequel would probably take into account the fact that Mars Base and Jupiter Base were actual places on those planets, and that they occasionally fought each other. Stick would no longer have feelings for Aisha because he hates her for being an Inbit. Among other things.

All this would be hard to reconcile with Robotech, I think.

Heck no. Humanity embroiled in civil war on outer space has been the stuffs for scifi like Star Wars, even Gundam!

Haydonite fancy-schmancy be darned, I just want more gritty RT, mecha action, emotion-laden RT sequel.

Bring back Inbit (opps ... Invid) or let the REF embroiled in civil war as whose faction can get the more Protoculture supplies since PC is running low.

Besides, in RT-verse, we've Global Civil War in 1990s, even Anti-Unification crises in 2000s, eith the RT RPG expanded the tense relations in the "2nd Cold War" between UEG & reformed neo-Soviet EBSIS within 2010s - 2020s.

Post 2044, with PC crises looming, humanity alliance may crack again & they'll start to grab every last bit of PC they can get their hands on!
Last edit: 15 years 8 months ago by Protoculture.
15 years 8 months ago #1323

MEMO, HG should try its darnedest to reintroduce RT back to terrestrial TV stations in Europe, Americas & even Asia & be rebroadcast on every market. That's where RT can regain its strenght, the TV viewers. HG should aggressively used the improved Remastered RT Edition to TV stations all over the world, & to clinch deal with cable network like Cartoon Network or the ANIMAX (hugely popular anime cable network in Asia).

HG should make RT accessible again to wider public & TV consumer.
15 years 8 months ago #1325

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by Veritech_IDEON on topic Re:Beyond Shadow Chronicles.. What comes next?

If they used the Remastered edition, I doubt it would air uncut in the United States. Or at least Southern Cross wouldn't, considering its copious and pointless nude shower scenes.
MACROSS SAGA > ROBOTECH MASTERS > NEW GENERATION

IMHO

My hobbies include:

Robotech

That's it.
15 years 8 months ago #1335

• Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re:Beyond Shadow Chronicles.. What comes next?

Protoculture

MEMO, HG should try its darnedest to reintroduce RT back to terrestrial TV stations in Europe, Americas & even Asia & be rebroadcast on every market. That's where RT can regain its strenght, the TV viewers.

its not just up to hg. it has been done with some networks. just that the animation is old, and the tv networks dont have to commit, things just drop out.

example canada. they took it out of the air, but do to the poor time slot, not manny were viewing. took fans like mav and his canadian robotech friends to call the station.

hg can do so much.

its actually up to teh fandom.

wont surprise me if things start showing up again with teh live action realese. lets say months before its realese we might see things on tv again.
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
15 years 8 months ago #1346

Replied by Richardmvela on topic Re:Beyond Shadow Chronicles.. What comes next?

HG has ignored a huge market. Latin America. I am America but am 1/2 Cuban and 1/2 Puerto Rican. While I was born here ,many family members were not and they all saw Robotech in their respective countries in SPANISH. As far as I am aware, TSC was never dubbed in SPANISH UNLESS!!! HG is depending on the regional distribuotrs to translate and dub themselves like how we have here in North America with companies like ADV and Funimation.
Resisting Gravity's Pull on Our Souls!
14 years 8 months ago #5304

Replied by Redbeardrum on topic Re:Beyond Shadow Chronicles.. What comes next?

What comes next?
A lot of waiting, apparently TSC got me all excited about Robotech again and very little news has come since the DVD was released almost two and a half years ago. We should have at least a trailer by now. I'm beginning to think that TSC is going to go the way of Robotech II: The Sentinels and Robotech 3000.

Love the site btw, I greatly appreciate being able to criticize Harmony Gold, link to outside sites, and upload my own avatar. :)
14 years 8 months ago #5327

Replied by Protoculture on topic WHAT I WANT TO SEE IN SHADOW RISING

1. More Super Cyclone action (yeah more MOSPEADA goodness) vs the crappy Haydonite Infiltrators ....

2. Ditched the crappy Haydonite uninspired Wraith fighters (WTH!!) to VQ-6X Shadow Drones .... hell, a Shadow AI-controlled Alpha drones were far more worthy adversaries as compared to Wraiths! Haydonites instrumentalities via Awareness an controlled an entire squadrons of VQ-6X stealth Alpha drones whose shadow-tech is courtesy of Haydonite themselves. Imagine the confusion & havoc it would caused if entire VQ-6X Stealth Alpha drones in storage suddenly reactivated themselves due to Haydonite machinery, & launch surprised attacks all over UEEF installations in deep space.

Besides, standard Alpha versus Shadow drones were the highlight in the last New Gen eps (refer Scott / Lancer / Sera escape from main hive).

3. We want transformable Beta. Seriously!
14 years 6 months ago #6931

• SIGHUP
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Admin this!
  • Thank you received: 32

Replied by SIGHUP on topic Re:Beyond Shadow Chronicles.. What comes next?

Protoculture wrote:

MEMO, HG should try its darnedest to reintroduce RT back to terrestrial TV stations in Europe, Americas & even Asia & be rebroadcast on every market. That's where RT can regain its strenght, the TV viewers. HG should aggressively used the improved Remastered RT Edition to TV stations all over the world, & to clinch deal with cable network like Cartoon Network or the ANIMAX (hugely popular anime cable network in Asia).

HG should make RT accessible again to wider public & TV consumer.

I think they're starting to do with with the addition of ROBOTECH to the streaming services like YouTube and Hulu.

www.robotechx.com/news/26-news-general/2...outube.html#comments
--David Pena
SIGHUP
www.robotechx.com - a fandom based site | RIP Carl Macek (1951-2010)
14 years 6 months ago #6957

Yeah, right. But we should know better, youtube do not generate revenue for HG!

By selling to other terrestrial or even satellite TV stations, like dedicated ANIMAX anime channel which conquered East Asian market, HG stands to garner new audience & revenue.

Yeah, so in East Asian region HG has to compete with BW as Macross franchise practically littered the region, but, in terms of TV market, Macross franchise are not doing much, only stronger in DVD market sales.

HG being known to have sold Robotech to China, Taiwan, Philippines, Singapore & Malaysia, not to mention, Australia. If any of you guys can contact TPTB, ask Tommy or even Kevin to liaise with ANIMAX, an exclusively cable channel with strong presence in Asia. Get a sweet deal, new revenue & new fanbase.

With new revenue, which means money, RTSR can go forward!
14 years 6 months ago #6970

Time to create page: 0.517 seconds