Robotech: Love and War Stories ( TPB )

• herobot
  • herobot's Avatar Topic Author
  • Micronian
  • Micronian
  • Thank you received: 1

Robotech: Love and War Stories ( TPB ) was created by herobot

Attendees of Tekkoshocon VIII were treated to a special commemorative program featuring cover art from the upcoming Robotech: Love & War Stories!

www.robotech.com/news/viewarticle.php?id=410
Last edit: 12 years 11 months ago by Lobizon.
14 years 1 week ago #11407

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re:New cover artwork of Love and War Graphic Novels!

NICE.
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
14 years 1 week ago #11408

• Lobizon
  • REF Member
  • REF Member
  • Bounty Hunter! =☠=
  • Thank you received: 4

Replied by Lobizon on topic Re:Robotech: Love and War Stories ( TPB ) 12/ 7/ 10.

~ Jay Faerber (Author), Ken Siu-Chong (Author), Tommy Yune (Author), Long Vo (Illustrator), Jo Chen (Illustrator)

www.dccomics.com/wildstorm/graphic_novels/?gn=16121

Special pre-order deal at Amazon for Robotech: Love and War Stories TPB for only $13.49 (30% off)

www.amazon.com/Robotech-Love-Stories-Jay...28518/ref=pd_sim_b_1
Last edit: 13 years 5 months ago by Lobizon. Reason: to add
13 years 11 months ago #12079

• Lobizon
  • REF Member
  • REF Member
  • Bounty Hunter! =☠=
  • Thank you received: 4

Replied by Lobizon on topic Re:Robotech: Love and War Stories ( TPB ) 12/ 7/ 10.

US release of Robotech: Love And War TBP is canceled due to DC shutting down Wildstorm comics.

Invalid consumer key/secret in configuration

powet.tv/powetblog/2010/09/21/dc-enterta...ing-off-20-of-staff/
13 years 5 months ago #13779

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by rtsurfer on topic Does this mean an English Love & War TPB?

I was under the impression Wildstorm had canceled the English language Love & War TPB, yet on rt.com it says "Limited numbers of these Chinese editions (as well as English versions from Wildstorm) will also become available through the Robotech.com Store!"
www.robotech.com/news/viewarticle.php?id=435

The new trade paperbacks will ship in May from other major retailers such as 360buy.com and DangDang.com. Limited numbers of these Chinese editions (as well as English versions from Wildstorm) will also become available through the Robotech.com Store!

Are all of the WIldstorm Robotech TPBs going to be sold through rt.com, is the article just not being clear, or am I misunderstanding?
"rtsurfer's two cent..." ;O)

rtsurfer's ROBOTECH archive
12 years 11 months ago #16008

• ps99041
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by ps99041 on topic Re: Does this mean an English Love & War TPB?

We're probably misunderstanding the announcement like every other HG announcement. Wondering how Wildstorm would have published english versions when the book was canceled way before its release date. If it had advance printings they must be samples meaning there was only a handful made. In addition, if it's only being sold on rt.com they can't have many copies anyway.
12 years 11 months ago #16009

Replied by Richardmvela on topic Re: Robotech: Love and War Stories ( TPB )

It is a little confusing. However wasn't Love & War the one that was originaly published as a TPB, or was that From the Stars?
Resisting Gravity's Pull on Our Souls!
12 years 11 months ago #16013

Replied by rtsurfer on topic Re: Robotech: Love and War Stories ( TPB )

Richardmvela wrote:

It is a little confusing. However wasn't Love & War the one that was originaly published as a TPB, or was that From the Stars?

The From the Stars TPB came out right after that series completed its run back in 2003. The Love and War TPB was supposed to come out at the end of last year but was canceled when Wildstorm was shutdown by DC.
Its possible they had some samples already printed as speculated above or it was ready to go to print or close and to recoop some of the cost they're going to sell it as an extremely limited edition through rt.com. Although Prelude TPB, which came out last year, was reported selling less than 1k copies so it was sorta limited.

I just realized I don't recall the Invasion TPB ever being released, was it?
"rtsurfer's two cent..." ;O)

rtsurfer's ROBOTECH archive
Last edit: 12 years 11 months ago by rtsurfer.
12 years 11 months ago #16021

Replied by Richardmvela on topic Re: Robotech: Love and War Stories ( TPB )

The thing about WildStorm is that even after they were announced to be shutting down, my LCS was still getting several licensed titles. Mostly based on games so even though they may be gone, I think they had several series/titles published and are just finishing that stuff up.
Resisting Gravity's Pull on Our Souls!
12 years 11 months ago #16024

• ps99041
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by ps99041 on topic Re: Robotech: Love and War Stories ( TPB )

rtsurfer wrote:

Richardmvela wrote:

The From the Stars TPB came out right after that series completed its run back in 2003. The Love and War TPB was supposed to come out at the end of last year but was canceled when Wildstorm was shutdown by DC.
Its possible they had some samples already printed as speculated above or it was ready to go to print or close and to recoop some of the cost they're going to sell it as an extremely limited edition through rt.com. Although Prelude TPB, which came out last year, was reported selling less than 1k copies so it was sorta limited.

I just realized I don't recall the Invasion TPB ever being released, was it?

1000 copies of Prelude? That's ridiculous and would make me think Love and War would've been canceled without Wildstorm being absorbed into DC. Also, didn't rt.com have 100 copies of Prelude signed for sale on rt.com making it even more of a wasted effort to try sell at mass retail.
I'm pretty sure Invasion was never released either.
12 years 11 months ago #16025

Time to create page: 0.525 seconds