Robotech: Love and War Stories ( TPB )

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by Richardmvela on topic Re: Robotech: Love and War Stories ( TPB )

As far as Prelude is concerned, I've been told the corrections and changes are an improvement. However I think a "redo" of the last two issues would have been nice because those were the ones where the art started to nosedive hard. Some scene were nice like the one of Dana but the one of Marcus and Alex was rough.Even the way the two looked on the cover was a little rough.
Resisting Gravity's Pull on Our Souls!
12 years 10 months ago #16032

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• MIlkManX
  • Academy Cadet
  • Academy Cadet
  • There is no Robotech gospel
  • Thank you received: 1

Replied by MIlkManX on topic Re: Robotech: Love and War Stories ( TPB )

I just read through the loose issues 1-6 and it was okay but there is some bad dialogue. I can forgive that but what really I found that the mecha was drawn sub par. Some of the shots of the Valkyries looked terrible. Also sometimes too much back story can make a character even less than what they were. They almost go out of their way to make Ben look like a loser.
11 years 3 months ago #19934

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by Troubleman245 on topic Re: Robotech: Love and War Stories ( TPB )

That was my problem with it too like Ben was the only one who didn't get the joke that he was a bad pilot. Though in reality Ben was a pretty good pilot (even Rick had his fair share of crashes).

Also, I didn't buy the so-called "friendship" of Max & Ben. Sorry, when Max talked to Rick about losing a subordinate where Max seemed a little distant to balling his eyes out talking to Ben's parents didn't match up. They should've did a full recon or just buried the Max/Ben back story.
11 years 3 months ago #19938

• MIlkManX
  • Academy Cadet
  • Academy Cadet
  • There is no Robotech gospel
  • Thank you received: 1

Replied by MIlkManX on topic Re: Robotech: Love and War Stories ( TPB )

Yeah the forced relationship led to a ton of bad dialogue too.

They still could have had that story but not push it in that direction. To me it would have made more sense if Ben was the one that encouraged Max to get out more.
11 years 3 months ago #19940

• Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re: Robotech: Love and War Stories ( TPB )

ONE OF THE THINGS I ALSO THOUGHT THAT WAS BAD ON BEN'S BACK STORY. HE WAS KILLED BY THE SDF1 AND NOT BY THE ENEMY.
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
11 years 3 months ago #19946

Time to create page: 0.360 seconds