"The Wild Storm of DC Entertainment"

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by rtsurfer on topic Re:"The Wild Storm of DC Entertainment"

Apparently Love and War Stories has been canceled while other Wildstorm characters and titles will be continued under the DC banner. IIRC, Tommy said on Juan's podcast that if fans wanted new Robotech comics next year they needed to buy L&W Stories in Dec. Could this suggest no more Robotech comics in the foreseeable future?
"rtsurfer's two cent..." ;O)

rtsurfer's ROBOTECH archive
13 years 4 months ago #13781

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Lobizon
  • Lobizon's Avatar Topic Author
  • REF Member
  • REF Member
  • Bounty Hunter! =☠=
  • Thank you received: 4

Replied by Lobizon on topic Re:"The Wild Storm of DC Entertainment"

13 years 4 months ago #13782

• Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re:"The Wild Storm of DC Entertainment"

"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
13 years 4 months ago #13784

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re:

rtsurfer wrote:

Apparently Love and War Stories has been canceled while other Wildstorm characters and titles will be continued under the DC banner. IIRC, Tommy said on Juan's podcast that if fans wanted new Robotech comics next year they needed to buy L&W Stories in Dec.

ACTUALLY NOW THE U.S.A AND JUST ABOUT ANY SPEAKING ENGLISH VERSION OF THE COMIC WILL NOT BE OUT SINCE IT'S TIED IN IN THE SAME RIGHTS TILL 2011.

INTERNATIONALLY...

CHINA WILL STILL GET THEM AND AS WELL AS LATIN AMERICA.

Could this suggest no more Robotech comics in the foreseeable future?

NOT REALLY. ONCE HG GETS BACK THEIR RIGHTS IN 2011 THEN THEY WILL LOOK AT OTHER VENUES.

FUNNY.. WHEN I HEARD THIS NEWS I WAS BUMBED. BUT WHEN I HEARD THAT OTHER COUNTRY'S BESIDE U.S.A. WILL BE GETTING IT I STARTED TO LAUGH..... THE IRONY!!!

:laugh:
Last edit: 13 years 4 months ago by MEMO1DOMINION.
13 years 4 months ago #13785

^Its cool that there will be more translations of Robotech products available; however, the English market is where any new title would first premiere and if DC doesn't see sales and profitability in those English markets then Robotech is essentially dead until DC releases the license. IIRC, Tommy has said more than once that WBs will be getting all of the license currently open or not renewed, which if true means DC gets the rights to Robotech right back as they are the comic arm of WBs. If WB/DC releases the Robotech comic license it could be a bad omen for the future of the LAM.

Last edit: 13 years 4 months ago by rtsurfer.
13 years 4 months ago #13791

rtsurfer wrote:

^Its cool that there will be more translations of Robotech products available; however, the English market is where any new title would first premiere and if DC doesn't see sales and profitability in those English markets then Robotech is essentially dead until DC releases the license. IIRC, Tommy has said more than once that WBs will be getting all of the license currently open or not renewed, which if true means DC gets the rights to Robotech right back as they are the comic arm of WBs. If WB/DC releases the Robotech comic license it could be a bad omen for the future of the LAM.

I DON'T SEE IT THAT WAY. THE MARKET HAS NOT BEEN THAT GREAT FOR COMICS OVERALL AND THAT IS NOT JUST DC. LOT COMICS HAVE BEEN GOING TO DOWNLOADS OR ON SITE PUBLISHING CONSIDERING THAT YOU CAN STILL MAKE MONEY EVEN BY A HIT WITH THE CORRECT ADVERTISING.

AND BEING A BAD OMEN, HAVEN'T SEEN A LAM WIN OR LOSS BECAUSE OF COMICS. THE RLAM WILL EITHER BE BIG OR NOT BY IT'S OWN DEFAULT. BUT NOT BY A COMIC. ESPECIALLY WHEN EVERY COMIC PUBLISHING COMPANY IS TIGHTENING IT'S BELT. EVEN IF IT'S DC.
13 years 4 months ago #13796

^I think you misunderstood what I meant in my last post. WBs apparently wants as many of the Robotech license as it can acquire, from what has been said they have a deal with HG giving them first dibs on any that become available. I imagine this is so WBs has as much control as possible over Robotech's marketing and image when (well actually IF) they make the LAM. If they sit on a license and/or release it that might suggest WBs doesn't really care about Robotech anymore, hence the LAM is less likely to become a reality.

In response to your last post. True, a comic doesn't make or break a movie but the state of a franchise can affect whether said movie gets made, how much money is put into it, and to some extent how well its received by some consumers.
Products not being produced, released, distributed, and bought (pretty much the state of Robotech today with exception of the toys) could persuade WBs to shelve the Robotech LAM indefinitely. If what is marketed isn't selling very well or is poorly received by the consumer (the comics for example), that might also convince WBs to abandon the Robotech LAM or at the very least make it a low budget and low priority (which it appears to already be) movie.

Last edit: 13 years 4 months ago by rtsurfer.
13 years 4 months ago #13800

rtsurfer wrote:

^I think you misunderstood what I meant in my last post. WBs apparently wants as many of the Robotech license as it can acquire, from what has been said they have a deal with HG giving them first dibs on any that become available.

SO FAR ANYTHING THEY ARE ACQUIRING IS IN RELATION TO THE RLAM. SO YEAH, THAT CAN BE POSSIBLE. A RLAM COMIC RELEASE WOULD BE NICE. I DO ENJOY THE BATMAN LAM AND EVEN HARRY POTTER WITH THE KIDS BUT I HAVE NOT PICKED UP A COMIC OF THEM. ROBOTECH I WOULD OF COURSE.

HEHEHE

I imagine this is so WBs has as much control as possible over Robotech's marketing and image when (well actually IF) they make the LAM. If they sit on a license and/or release it that might suggest WBs doesn't really care about Robotech anymore, hence the LAM is less likely to become a reality.

TWO SIDES.. SO MORE CONTROL? DON'T THINK SO SINCE THERE ARE HINTS WITH OTHER THINGS STILL COMING OUT OF HG FOR 2011 THAT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE RLAM OR WB. EXAMPLE ARE THE TOYS THAT TOYNAMI ARE NOW FOCUSING ON. AND THERE IS THE 2011 ANIMATED MOVIE BY HG THAT IS NOT ATTACHED TO WB. THE DOCUMENTARY AND 3 CD MUSIC THAT IS ALSO DO OUT. EVEN THOUGHT THE NATIONAL TO THE STARTS COMIC IS NOT COMING OUT, INTERNATIONALLY IT IS ON OTHER MARKETS.

In response to your last post. True, a comic doesn't make or break a movie but the state of a franchise can affect whether said movie gets made, how much money is put into it, and to some extent how well its received by some consumers.
Products not being produced, released, distributed, and bought (pretty much the state of Robotech today with exception of the toys) could persuade WBs to shelve the Robotech LAM indefinitely. If what is marketed isn't selling very well or is poorly received by the consumer (the comics for example), that might also convince WBs to abandon the Robotech LAM or at the very least make it a low budget and low priority (which it appears to already be) movie.

TO MUCH LOOKING INTO IT FROM WHAT I SEE TO CALL IT AS SUCH.

ONLY BEEN 3 YEARS SINCE THE DEAL WAS SIGNED.
ONE YEAR RIGHT AFTER WHEN PRODUCTION WAS STARTED WITH THE WRITING.
AND NOW IN SEARCH OF DIRECTOR.

GREENLIGHT IS MUCH LIKE AN AIRPORT. THESE BIG MOVIES HAVE A WAY OF FIRST SETTING UP AND THEN LINING UP BEHIND OTHER PROJECTS AND MOVIES FROM COMPETITORS.

GOTTA CHECK WITH TOY MANUFACTURERS, BOOKS, MEDIA.. ALL THAT HAS TO FALL INTO PLACE AS WELL. THINGS LIKE THESE ARE NOT JUST AN OVERNIGHT...OR SAY 5 YEAR PROCESS.

EVENTUALLY THIS MOVIE WILL TAKE OFF. BUT LOT OF PREPARATIONS NEED TO BE MADE BEFORE IT LINES OFF FOR TAKEOFF.
13 years 4 months ago #13808

Time to create page: 0.351 seconds