ROBOTECH NOVELS NOW IN EBOOK FORMAT!!!!!

  • Zen72
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

ROBOTECH NOVELS NOW IN EBOOK FORMAT!!!!! was created by Zen72

AM I PROUD OF THIS NEWS ITEM!!!!!

From Robotech.com

Official Robotech eBooks now available!
Legally download the classic Robotech novels in the most popular electronic formats.


http://www.robotech.com/news/viewarticle.php?id=433

James Luceno and the late Brian Daley who wrote the novels as JACK MCKINNEY gave Robotech its ONLY COMPLETE STORY and it's AWESOME they are now part of an expanding trend in technology! Hopefully there will be THE SENTINELS and the LOST GENERATION Ebooks. Because of Jim, Brian AND Carl Macek, The Protoculture Times exists!!!!

Now THAT'S some ROBOTECH NEWS!!!! B) :)
9 years 11 months ago #15234

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • SIGHUP
  • SIGHUP's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Admin this!
  • Posts: 1089
  • Thank you received: 37

Replied by SIGHUP on topic Re: ROBOTECH NOVELS NOW IN EBOOK FORMAT!!!!!

About time they start getting with it.
--David Pena
SIGHUP
www.robotechx.com - a fandom based site | RIP Carl Macek (1951-2010)
9 years 11 months ago #15237

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Zen72
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Zen72 on topic Re: ROBOTECH NOVELS NOW IN EBOOK FORMAT!!!!!

SIGHUP wrote:

About time they start getting with it.


AMEN SIGHUP!

Publisher Random House looks like is doing the legwork on the Ebooks and like I said, hopefully in the future they do ALL the Expanded Universe titles too!

I was able to interview last summer the surviving member of JACK MCKINNEY, New York Times Best Selling Author JAMES LUCENO!

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. - Jim's email address
www.brian-daley.com/ - Brian Daley Tribute Site
robotech-aod.com/mckinney.html - Mckinney Purist FAQ´╗┐
starwars.wikia.com/wiki/James_Luceno - Jim's "Wookipedia" (Star Wars) Article
[/size]

In this almost hour long interview we touch on;

Jim Luceno, World Traveler.
Working with the Star Wars franchise AND directly with George Lucas
Advice to Science Fiction writers
Working with Brian Daley
The origin of the Jack McKinney name:
Jim and Brian's first meeting with Carl and Harmony Gold.
The Robotech Novels Process
The Sentinels
And YES we talk about END OF THE CIRCLE
Carl's endorsement of the novels.
The "nitpicking" ....
And a toast to an old friend.......

It was definitely my GREATEST ROBOTECH MOMENT!

Check it out in PART 4 of the Protoculture Times Episode at the following link;


http://www.protoculturetimes.com/2011/01/protoculture-times-one-more-round.html

I'm glad Jim and Brian with this recent news, get the recognition they have ALWAYS DESERVED! B)

- JT
Last edit: 9 years 11 months ago by Zen72.
9 years 11 months ago #15238

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Posts: 543
  • Thank you received: 0

Replied by rtsurfer on topic Re: ROBOTECH NOVELS NOW IN EBOOK FORMAT!!!!!

Interesting news :)

HG is finally using rt.com and their facebook page for something useful ;)
"rtsurfer's two cent..." ;O)

rtsurfer's ROBOTECH archive
9 years 11 months ago #15239

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Posts: 543
  • Thank you received: 0

Replied by rtsurfer on topic Re: ROBOTECH NOVELS NOW IN EBOOK FORMAT!!!!!

I wonder if these are direct transfers of the omnibus reprints as they were last published, or if HG had them re-edited to fit with the TSC universe better. Although Captain JLS, Jonathan Switzer, did do appendices for the last reprints.
I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that he, or maybe it was someone else, was supposed to do TSC re-edits to the novels for HG but the job was canceled.
"rtsurfer's two cent..." ;O)

rtsurfer's ROBOTECH archive
Last edit: 9 years 11 months ago by rtsurfer.
9 years 11 months ago #15244

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Zen72
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Zen72 on topic Re: ROBOTECH NOVELS NOW IN EBOOK FORMAT!!!!!

rtsurfer wrote:

I wonder if these are direct transfers of the omnibus reprints as they were last published, or if HG had them re-edited to fit with the TSC universe better. Although Captain JLS, Jonathan Switzer, did do appendices for the last reprints.
I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that he, or maybe it was someone else, was supposed to do TSC re-edits to the novels for HG but the job was canceled.


In my interview with Jim, he did mention that he was approached to "redo" some of the story to go with what HG considers "canon" and he stated he felt insulted by that request and I echoed his sentiments.

I applaud Jim for his artistic integrity.
9 years 11 months ago #15246

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Posts: 543
  • Thank you received: 0

Replied by rtsurfer on topic Re: ROBOTECH NOVELS NOW IN EBOOK FORMAT!!!!!

Zen72 wrote:

rtsurfer wrote:

I wonder if these are direct transfers of the omnibus reprints as they were last published, or if HG had them re-edited to fit with the TSC universe better. Although Captain JLS, Jonathan Switzer, did do appendices for the last reprints.
I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that he, or maybe it was someone else, was supposed to do TSC re-edits to the novels for HG but the job was canceled.


In my interview with Jim, he did mention that he was approached to "redo" some of the story to go with what HG considers "canon" and he stated he felt insulted by that request and I echoed his sentiments.

I applaud Jim for his artistic integrity.

Good for him. The novels are what they are, his and Brian Daley's work are their interpretation and elaboration of the Robotech universe and shouldn't be altered after its been around and widely known by the fandom for all these years.

If HG wants new versions of the novels in a TSC universe setting they should just hire someone to pen them from start to finish or better yet why doesn't Tommy. That will never happen as they haven't done a TSC novel after what four or five years, of course they would argue they can't release one until they have enough material for an omnibus but now with ebooks that excuse no longer flies.
"rtsurfer's two cent..." ;O)

rtsurfer's ROBOTECH archive
9 years 11 months ago #15247

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Posts: 21
  • Thank you received: 0

Replied by Roganu on topic Re: ROBOTECH NOVELS NOW IN EBOOK FORMAT!!!!!

I'm really hoping that they put out the Lost Generation books. Those are the only ones I need. I'm really glad that they're re-releasing them again. I might buy them for my nephews since I bought them the Macross Saga as a gift for them last September.
Robotech... Macross... I like 'em both.
9 years 11 months ago #15251

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • ps99041
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by ps99041 on topic Re: ROBOTECH NOVELS NOW IN EBOOK FORMAT!!!!!

Roganu wrote:

I'm really hoping that they put out the Lost Generation books. Those are the only ones I need. I'm really glad that they're re-releasing them again. I might buy them for my nephews since I bought them the Macross Saga as a gift for them last September.

I think it'd be great if the non-canon novels were released in ebook format but I just don't see it happening. Releasing these titles would cause confusion to new and non-diehard fans. More importantly, it could also make Tommy look bad as more fans may not approve of his approach to Robotech's updated storyline.
9 years 11 months ago #15254

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.517 seconds