first one to post here hehehe...

• Thank you received: 13

Replied by Protoculture on topic Re:first one to post here hehehe...

Despite being a purist, I started as a McKinniyist.

Ondce a while, I take off the RT Purist robe, & open the closet to don my McKinniyist mask while gorging on McKinney's RT novelization.

Of course, after that session, I'm back being a fanatical RT Purist ... thinking cap, shapings, early REF return & novel timeline ... Bahhhhhhh! (LOL)
15 years 9 months ago #1106

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13

Replied by Protoculture on topic Re:first one to post here hehehe...

Although, HG should hired James Luceno to write atleast 3 brand new RT novels, namely:

i)ROBOTECH: BATTLECRY - JACK ARCHER CHRONICLES
* Based on RT: Battlecry console Game, covering the exploits of Jack Archer & Wolff Squadron against Zent Warlord Zeraal & Quadrono Ace, Kiyora Tekiva during 1st RT War

ii)ROBOTECH: INVASION - LOCKE CHRONICLES
* Based on RT: Invasion console Game, covering the exploits of a Robotech freedom fighter named Locke (who is actually amnesiac Invid simulagent, like Ariel) & his guerilla group battling Invid Regess faction during 3rd RT War

iiI)ROBOTECH: THE SHADOW CHRONICLES
* Based on RT: SC movie, this is the canonised & novelization version of TSC. James Luceno should exploit both Prelude to Shadow Chronicles comic storyline & RTSC animation storyline & tie both stories together into one combo book, finalising Sentinel ending & straight into final Earth Reclaimation Mission & the search for SDF-3. We certainly want Luceno to expand on Louie, Janice & Maia plus Marcus Rush! We all kinow that RTSC is a retcon of McKinney's RT End of The Circle with many elements from EoTC appear in RTSC. Surely Luceno can adapt RTSC & PttSC into enjoyable new RTSC novel!
15 years 9 months ago #1109

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by Veritech_IDEON on topic Re:first one to post here hehehe...

I heard something on the robotech.com forums about a Shadow Chronicles novel, but it was probably just fan rumors.
MACROSS SAGA > ROBOTECH MASTERS > NEW GENERATION

IMHO

My hobbies include:

Robotech

That's it.
15 years 9 months ago #1111

• Swampy19
  • Academy Cadet
  • Academy Cadet
  • Hey wasup my fellow micronians

Replied by Swampy19 on topic Re:first one to post here hehehe...

i am down for that more Robotech is good in my mind
Robotech Academy hopefull
VF-200 DEMON SHADOW Squadron
1st Liutenant
Call Sign:
Devil
Weapons:
VF-1S
Hanzo Sword
15 years 9 months ago #1112

• Last_Valk_Standing
  • Last_Valk_Standing's Avatar Topic Author
  • REF Member
  • REF Member
  • SDF-1 Shellback
  • Thank you received: 2

Replied by Last_Valk_Standing on topic Re:first one to post here hehehe...

Protoculture wrote:

Although, HG should hired James Luceno to write atleast 3 brand new RT novels, namely:

i)ROBOTECH: BATTLECRY - JACK ARCHER CHRONICLES
* Based on RT: Battlecry console Game, covering the exploits of Jack Archer & Wolff Squadron against Zent Warlord Zeraal & Quadrono Ace, Kiyora Tekiva during 1st RT War

ii)ROBOTECH: INVASION - LOCKE CHRONICLES
* Based on RT: Invasion console Game, covering the exploits of a Robotech freedom fighter named Locke (who is actually amnesiac Invid simulagent, like Ariel) & his guerilla group battling Invid Regess faction during 3rd RT War

iiI)ROBOTECH: THE SHADOW CHRONICLES
* Based on RT: SC movie, this is the canonised & novelization version of TSC. James Luceno should exploit both Prelude to Shadow Chronicles comic storyline & RTSC animation storyline & tie both stories together into one combo book, finalising Sentinel ending & straight into final Earth Reclaimation Mission & the search for SDF-3. We certainly want Luceno to expand on Louie, Janice & Maia plus Marcus Rush! We all kinow that RTSC is a retcon of McKinney's RT End of The Circle with many elements from EoTC appear in RTSC. Surely Luceno can adapt RTSC & PttSC into enjoyable new RTSC novel!

I fully agree on this one :D
Co-Commander, Vulture Flight 59th Combined Tactical Operations Group (Gamma Wing)

Member of AkL
Huge fan of Attention On Deck website.

Official Reporter for MNN (Macross News Network LOL)
15 years 9 months ago #1127

• Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re:first one to post here hehehe...

problem is

he wen tfrom a simple writer to one of the best writers of teh star wars novels..

in other words...way out there in cost.

oether viable upcoming writers can work as well.
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
15 years 9 months ago #1141

• SIGHUP
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Admin this!
  • Thank you received: 32

Replied by SIGHUP on topic Re:first one to post here hehehe...

Possibly *success* of RTLAM, HG will have their pockets full of cash and they can afford him then.
--David Pena
SIGHUP
www.robotechx.com - a fandom based site | RIP Carl Macek (1951-2010)
15 years 9 months ago #1142

• Last_Valk_Standing
  • Last_Valk_Standing's Avatar Topic Author
  • REF Member
  • REF Member
  • SDF-1 Shellback
  • Thank you received: 2

Replied by Last_Valk_Standing on topic Re:first one to post here hehehe...

Ah yes, the classic "success went to his head" lol!
Co-Commander, Vulture Flight 59th Combined Tactical Operations Group (Gamma Wing)

Member of AkL
Huge fan of Attention On Deck website.

Official Reporter for MNN (Macross News Network LOL)
15 years 8 months ago #1185

• Brooklyn-Red-Leg
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Veritech Fighter

Replied by Brooklyn-Red-Leg on topic Re:first one to post here hehehe...

As one of the *Haters* I can sum up why I don't like the Jack McKinney novels overall story: Supreme Commander Leonard. More than any other character, Leonard gets reamed by the novels unjustly. Not only do the novels tarnish the middle chapter, it basically turns any member of the Army of the Southern Cross into a scumbag.

- All the mutinous followers of General Edwards were part of the Southern Cross contingent of the REF.
- The RDF and The Army of the Southern Cross are made into totally separate entities (though I do think the ASC and GMP are separate service branches, but that is neither here nor there).
- The ASC's equipment is generally portrayed as being inferior to that the RDF, mostly due to being the brainchild of Dr. Lazlo Zand.
- General Leonard is shown to be a xenephobic, masochistic, religious nutbag who has serious psycho-sexual problems. None of this is even remotely like the character Carl Macek envisioned, nor Greg Finley his voice actor (and Robotech staff writer to boot).

All these things add up to the simple fact that the 2nd Robotech War is seen as illegitemate since Leonard and the ASC are not the 'real' military like the RDF. Leonard, for all intents and purposes, is blamed for damned near everything that goes bad in the Jack McKinney backstory. He is on the wrong side everytime, whether it was the Global (Civil) War, the (unmentioned) Anti-Unification War (thanks to Tommy Yune g&ddamnit), The Malcontent Uprisings, the 2nd Robotech War AND the 3rd Robotech War (he is blamed for causing the Earth to fall to the Invid).

Are there aspects of the novels that can be salvaged? I think so, but they have to be disentangled from all the BS surrounding the novels. Unlike what Tommy has done, the Tv series takes precedence, not bits and pieces from the novels to override the characters. And I have to say that had the novels continued and shown Rick Hunter turning into a psychotic pedophile who beat Lisa daily and claimed God told him to do it, I daresay people would revile Jack McKinney.
15 years 8 months ago #1220

• SIGHUP
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Admin this!
  • Thank you received: 32

Replied by SIGHUP on topic Re:first one to post here hehehe...

I have to work on some things, but I'm really interested in your reply Brook. So later on will read.

<mental note> read later </mental note>
--David Pena
SIGHUP
www.robotechx.com - a fandom based site | RIP Carl Macek (1951-2010)
15 years 8 months ago #1222

Time to create page: 0.381 seconds