I just saw Robotech: The Movie

• Pizza-the-Hutt
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

I just saw Robotech: The Movie was created by Pizza-the-Hutt

Where to start?,

Can anyone tell me how this fits with the Robotech continuum?,I liked the action and music (Joann Harris is an awesome singer and should be honored) but the story is a bit "Helter-Skelter" for my Robotech mind.If any real Robotech fan who is an expert help me comprehend the story of the movie? because it looked like just a compressed version of Masters.

And to those who seen the movie.,Anyone noticed the Star Wars beggining? and that Green Jedi lightsaber used in the Robotech Movie?...I am amazed (I repeat) George Lucas did'nt sue somebody!

Anyway that movie could have been alot better without the Star Wars cameos and Masters saga cut and paste trick.If it was not for the action and music I would almost consider this a waste of time.

Laters,
Pete
Last edit: 14 years 9 months ago by Pizza-the-Hutt.
14 years 9 months ago #4165

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by Adam_Schiller on topic Re:I just saw Robotech: The Movie

Robotech: The Movie chronicles the movements of a forward-attack fleet of the Robotech Masters as they come to Earth and attempt to minimise their military's potential losses by gaining an insider within the Robotech Defense Forces (RDF) thereby controlling the planet's troop movements as well as gaining advance knowledge of what the RDF is going to do. This is all in-planning for the major assault which takes place in the The Masters saga.

Mechanically, the MODAT-containing motorcycle and the other motorcycle-type units (I don't remember their Robotech names) are early developments of the Cyclones used by Scott Bernard and the reclamation forces. Logically, the design just didn't catch-on because the Armies of the Southern Cross required units which could combat the Robotech Masters' Bioroids and the smaller transformable motorcycle units just couldn't cut it. When they needed more-mobile, tactical mechanisms, they reinstituted the ideas with the Cyclone series, albeit in a smaller and easier-to-produce nature.

The EVE system, they say, is directly taken from developments made on the SDF-1. The idea of "Enhanced Video Emulation" was used to create the fortress' interior city's clouds and blue skies as well as other less-noticable applications throughout. Because the SDF-1 was effectively rendered inaccessible due to radiation leaks (or some other government cover-up), the virtual idol, EVE, is effectively the only computer programme which contains enough remainder of the old SDF-1's memory that it could be used by B.D. Andrews (acting as a puppet for the Robotech Masters) to quickly regain access to the protoculture matrix.

The reason why we never heard of this in the The Masters saga?--The only explanation is that the government covered it up to save their own butts. Those who directly participated in this limited engagement were either seldom seen again in the Monument City engagements (B.D. Andrews) or left with not enough information to approach their enigmatic enemy with much more assurance than had they never met at all.

Robotech: The Movie. A genuine side-story to the Robotech universe worthy of more attention than it is given.

--Adam Schiller
14 years 9 months ago #4167

• Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re:I just saw Robotech: The Movie

WOW!!!!

VERY NICE ADAM... VERY NICE..

I JUST WATCH TEH MOVIE DRUNK AND I THINK IT MAKES MORE SENCE THAT WAY.
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
14 years 9 months ago #4170

• Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re:I just saw Robotech: The Movie

TO ADD, I AM WORKING WITH SOME ARGENTINA FANS AND STUDIO TO RE-WRITE THE SCRIPT AND RE DO THE THINK AND UPDATE VIDEO AS WELL. BUT FOR SPANISH VERSION OF OCURSE.

WILL KEEP YOU GUYS INFORMED.

ALSO, CAN SOMEONE PUT DOWN WHY CALR MACEKS SCRIPT WAS REPLACED AND ALL?
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
14 years 9 months ago #4171

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by yoshiii on topic Re:I just saw Robotech: The Movie

This is from a anime OVA called Megazone 23. They took it and edited to fit into the Robotech world.
14 years 8 months ago #4442

• Seto-Kaiba
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Seto-Kaiba on topic Re:I just saw Robotech: The Movie

yoshiii wrote:

This is from a anime OVA called Megazone 23. They took it and edited to fit into the Robotech world.

Not just Megazone 23 Part I, they spliced in bits of Super Dimension Cavalry Southern Cross and hired a new studio to produce a replacement ending because they thought Megazone 23's ending was too big of a downer.
14 years 8 months ago #4444

Time to create page: 0.279 seconds