Chinese Robotech comics to release in celebration of 20 years of RT in China

• herobot
  • herobot's Avatar Topic Author
  • Micronian
  • Micronian
  • Thank you received: 1

Chinese Robotech comics to release in celebration of 20 years of RT in China was created by herobot

Robotech Union China(RTUCN) is joining Harmony Gold announcing the release of new Robotech comics series. Produced by DC comics and published in China by Shantou University Press in association with Xinhua Winshare Publishing and Media Co., Ltd, the new Robotech comics series is set to release in May 2011. These books have been translated into Chinese by RTUCN, with strong support from Harmony Gold.Mr.Tommy Yune, creative director of Harmony Gold has provided large amount of materials which have never been published before, including materials from the upcoming animated movie in production.

The 20th anniversary special edition comic series is sequel stories to the TV series that have never been told.The world premier release is a bound edition of four paperback of comic books, illustrated by more than 30 artists from the US, Japan and Taiwan, including Jo Chen,.Yoshitaka Amano and Udon Studios.

The Four TPBs contain:

From the Stars #0-6

Love and War #1-6 with Mars Base One

Invasion #1-5 with Little White Dragon

Prelude to The Shadow Chronicles #1-5

An inside look of Robotech evolution over 26 years

A timeline for the TV series and the comics

An introduction to the Robotech Universe

Data files of characters ,mecha and vessels from the comic series

Unpublished preliminary sketches and designs

RTUCN interviews with Ms. Jo Chen

RTUCN interviews with Mr. Tommy Yune

Commentary by creative director Tommy Yune

New materials form the new animated in production

More info:
bbs.rtucn.net/ipb/index.php?showtopic=18783

Click the link to see preview by Mpi of RTUCN

Get the latest updates from the RTUCN facebook and Twitter feed:
www.facebook.com/pages/Rtucn-Robotech-Un...hina/164776660201259

twitter.com/robotechchina
12 years 11 months ago #15811

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 3

Replied by spark300c on topic Re: Chinese Robotech comics to release in celebration of 20 years of RT in China

what happen to the old tread of this topic?
12 years 11 months ago #15817

• Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re: Chinese Robotech comics to release in celebration of 20 years of RT in China

spark300c wrote:

what happen to the old tread of this topic?

LATELY THERE BEEN OFF TOPIC POST IN THREADS. I AM NOT GOING TO EDIT EVERY POST. WILL JUST DELETE THE POSTS WHERE THE OFF TOPIC STARTS. IF YOU GUYS HAVE THE NEED TO GET SOMETHING OUT, START A NEW THREAD IN ITS APPROPRIATE PLACE/FORUM.

IF YOU NEED TO TALK ABOUT THE DVDS OF THE 80 EPISODES, THERE IS A FORUM FOR THAT.
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
12 years 11 months ago #15833

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by rtsurfer on topic Re: Chinese Robotech comics to release in celebration of 20 years of RT in China

I would suggest that anyone thinking of buying the Chinese language TPB sets purchase a single TPB first to see if you like the content. When the comics were released in the USA, From the Stars sales dropped from 53,000 (#1) to 37,000 (#2) to 29,000 (#3), then continued to drop about 1,500 between each issue until they reached 8,000 with the final issue of Prelude to the Shadow Chronicles plus an additional 900 copies of the PttSC TPB. Maybe the comics will be better in Chinese.

Please don't delete this post, its not off topic.
"rtsurfer's two cent..." ;O)

rtsurfer's ROBOTECH archive
12 years 11 months ago #15844

Replied by rtsurfer on topic Re: Chinese Robotech comics to release in celebration of 20 years of RT in China

Click the link to see preview by Mpi of RTUCN

Get the latest updates from the RTUCN facebook and Twitter feed:
www.facebook.com/pages/Rtucn-Robotech-Un...hina/164776660201259

twitter.com/robotechchina

I don't understand something, if youtube, facebook, and twitter are supposed to be blocked in China, why are they being used to promote and update the promotion for the Chinese language TPBs?
Yes, I'm aware that Hong Kong and Macau have access to these sites.

Last edit: 12 years 11 months ago by rtsurfer.
12 years 11 months ago #15845

Replied by Richardmvela on topic Re: Chinese Robotech comics to release in celebration of 20 years of RT in China

How exactly was my post about Manhua and their popularity in certain parts of china affecting potential Robotech comics sales off topic?

Anyway...

Once again. China's comics / Manhua are very popular from what I hear. However it seems only certain areas allow them such as Hong Kong and Taiwan, etc etc... due the greater artistic freedom. With some of the RT comics having some violence and crossdressing (in the case of Invasion) will the Chinese reprints of RT comics only be released in certain areas or to a broader audience throughout China due to potential censorship?
Resisting Gravity's Pull on Our Souls!
12 years 11 months ago #15846

Richardmvela, that is a very good question. Its hard for me to imagine living in a society were there's still so much censorship.

Robotech twitter has two interesting tweets:

#Robotech TBP's will be in Chinese and most of them will have brand new covers.

Cool, new cover art. Wonder who drew it?

and

#Robotech TBP From The Stars, Love & War, Invasion, Prelude TO The Shadow Chronicles WILL be released in China with copies for sale in U.S.

Do Chinese language products sell well in the US? Who will be selling them, Robotech.com?

Last edit: 12 years 11 months ago by rtsurfer.
12 years 11 months ago #15847

Replied by Richardmvela on topic Re: Chinese Robotech comics to release in celebration of 20 years of RT in China

I imagine they will prob be available on shelves in either the West Coast area or possible northern areas closer to Canada such as New York/North East where there are larger populations of Chinese-Americans.

Here in Florida, the largest Asian populations seems to be in Jacksonville or certain parts of Orlando and thus we don't get a lot of the items that are released in a manner similar to the way I imagine the RT reprints will be. I'd presume a more "localized or targeted" release.

Kind of sucks when you think about it. When they say they are going to re-release them here though, I wonder if they will release them in english but with the Chinese extras or if it will be a a simple ship and sell the Chinese version as is.
12 years 11 months ago #15848

For the covers of "Invasion" and "Love and War", I'm not too keen on them. Like I said before, not a fan of Tommy' style but that is personal preference. That being said I do like the pose on the cover of "Invasion".

Anyone know if these will be more of manga size, full on TPB size, or if Chinese comics/Manhua have a different form factor?
12 years 11 months ago #15849

Richardmvela wrote:

For the covers of "Invasion" and "Love and War", I'm not too keen on them. Like I said before, not a fan of Tommy' style but that is personal preference. That being said I do like the pose on the cover of "Invasion".

I'm confused, are these the covers for the TPBs:

Or are those sleeves and the actual TPB covers are different?
If those are the actual covers what happened to the brand new covers?

Anyone know if these will be more of manga size, full on TPB size, or if Chinese comics/Manhua have a different form factor?

I don't believe I've read anywhere what size the Chinese language TPBs will be.

This is still on topic.

12 years 11 months ago #15852

Time to create page: 0.530 seconds