ROBOTECH NEW GENERATION ORIGIN ART BOOK

• MEMO1DOMINION
  • MEMO1DOMINION's Avatar Topic Author
  • Commander
  • Commander
  • Thank you received: 114

ROBOTECH NEW GENERATION ORIGIN ART BOOK was created by MEMO1DOMINION

FOR THE HARDCORE FANS THERE IS A NEW ART BOOK IN REGARDS TO ONE OF THE SERIES OF ROBOTECH KNOWN AS NEW GENERATION. DERIVED FROM AN ANIMATION KNOWN AS MOSPEADA.

THERE BEEN MANY ART BOOKS ON THE ROOTS OF THIS ANIMATION AND I KNEW THIS WAY BACK BUT COMPLETELY FORGOT ABOUT IT. TILL YESTERDAY AT A FRIEND'S HOUSE I GOT TO SEE IT AND REALLY LIKED THE DETAIL AND PLACEMENT OF THE WORKS.

FOR THOSE THAT ARE SEEKING SOURCES OF THEIR FAVORITE ANIMATION WELL THERE IS A BOOK AT 33 DLRS THAT YOU CAN BUY.

FOR ME IT WILL BE A GREAT RESOURCE TO COLLECT FOR REFERENCE TO FILM. NOT MUCH ON CHARACTER DESIGN BUT STILL GREAT.

PICTURES CHECK HERE.

www.sdfcrew.cl/index.php?PHPSESSID=4f335...99826a&topic=2608.15
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
13 years 10 months ago #12496

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by zinjo on topic Re: ROBOTECH NEW GENERATION ORIGIN ART BOOK

Better off buying direct and supporting the original authors

www.amazon.co.jp/%E6%A9%9F%E7%94%B2%E5%8...id=1275074792&sr=8-1
13 years 10 months ago #12498

• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master
  • Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy!
  • Thank you received: 947

Replied by LadyGrimes on topic Re: ROBOTECH NEW GENERATION ORIGIN ART BOOK

zinjo wrote:

www.amazon.co.jp/%E6%A9%9F%E7%94%B2%E5%8...id=1275074792&sr=8-1

this ^

Thank you @AB for my adorable new avatar! <3
13 years 10 months ago #12503

• Mark-Warlock
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Writer

Replied by Mark-Warlock on topic Re: ROBOTECH NEW GENERATION ORIGIN ART BOOK

MEMO1DOMINION wrote:

FOR THE HARDCORE FANS THERE IS A NEW ART BOOK IN REGARDS TO ONE OF THE SERIES OF ROBOTECH KNOWN AS NEW GENERATION. DERIVED FROM AN ANIMATION KNOWN AS MOSPEADA.

THERE BEEN MANY ART BOOKS ON THE ROOTS OF THIS ANIMATION AND I KNEW THIS WAY BACK BUT COMPLETELY FORGOT ABOUT IT. TILL YESTERDAY AT A FRIEND'S HOUSE I GOT TO SEE IT AND REALLY LIKED THE DETAIL AND PLACEMENT OF THE WORKS.

FOR THOSE THAT ARE SEEKING SOURCES OF THEIR FAVORITE ANIMATION WELL THERE IS A BOOK AT 33 DLRS THAT YOU CAN BUY.

FOR ME IT WILL BE A GREAT RESOURCE TO COLLECT FOR REFERENCE TO FILM. NOT MUCH ON CHARACTER DESIGN BUT STILL GREAT.

Yeah I love this book.. Picked it up a couple months ago on EBay. Its a little pricy but well worth it for the reference materials.

zinjo wrote:

Ummm..... Buying a printed book isn’t like downloading a song on the internet... It doesn't matter where it’s sold... the seller, whether it be on EBay or a national chain, the author is gonna get their share... Unless the books were stolen... that would be another matter entirely. I’m sure there is a little more involved but the general idea is still the same. If a book gets sold once… the author(s) already paid.
A question that sometimes drives me hazy; am I or are the others crazy? - Albert Einstein

Find Mark Warlock now on Facebook.
13 years 10 months ago #12504

• MEMO1DOMINION
  • Commander
  • Commander

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re:ROBOTECH NEW GENERATION ORIGIN ART BOOK

ZINJO, YOU KNOW IF IT HAS MAYBE LIKE A SIGNATURE BU THE AUTHORS OR ARTIST? THAT BE NICE.
13 years 10 months ago #12505

• Gubaba
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Gubaba on topic Re:ROBOTECH NEW GENERATION ORIGIN ART BOOK

They at about four or five copies of the book at Kinokuniya in Los Angeles last time I was there (about two weeks ago).

I haven't picked it up yet, since I'm not a really big Mospeada fan; I've heard, though, that the lineart in it is small, but the book as a whole is HIGHLY worthwhile.
13 years 10 months ago #12515

• MEMO1DOMINION
  • Commander
  • Commander

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re:ROBOTECH NEW GENERATION ORIGIN ART BOOK

Gubaba wrote:

They at about four or five copies of the book at Kinokuniya in Los Angeles last time I was there (about two weeks ago).

I haven't picked it up yet, since I'm not a really big Mospeada fan; I've heard, though, that the lineart in it is small, but the book as a whole is HIGHLY worthwhile.

THANKS FOR THE TIP. WILL CHECK IT OUT THIS WEEK.
13 years 10 months ago #12526

Replied by zinjo on topic Re: ROBOTECH NEW GENERATION ORIGIN ART BOOK

Mark Warlock wrote:

Ummm..... Buying a printed book isn’t like downloading a song on the internet... It doesn't matter where it’s sold... the seller, whether it be on EBay or a national chain, the author is gonna get their share... Unless the books were stolen... that would be another matter entirely. I’m sure there is a little more involved but the general idea is still the same. If a book gets sold once… the author(s) already paid.

Actually, you are NOT directly supporting the authors by buying through a 3rd party on e-bay. Yes, the book was purchased at one point, but the more copies they sell, the more likely more material will published for the fans. E-bay benefits the seller not the author (unless they are the same people).
Kinokuniya Bookstores are a great resource to buy from too, since they purchase directly from the Japanese printer and demonstrate to them that there is a strong market for Mospeada artbooks outside of Japan.

Bottom line is, that if you want more merchandise about Mospeada, you gotta support those providing the material.
13 years 10 months ago #12554

• blackconvoy_D01
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Veritech Fighter

Replied by blackconvoy_D01 on topic Re:ROBOTECH NEW GENERATION ORIGIN ART BOOK

MEMO, Thanks for sharing that link. I wanted to get the book in hoping to have some real expanded artwork on MOSPEADA that wasnt available anywhere. Now I know its all the stuff I see on the net and not much more.
My appreciation pics page:
www.flickr.com/photos/26350372@N04/
13 years 10 months ago #12630

• Lobizon
  • REF Member
  • REF Member
  • Bounty Hunter! =☠=
  • Thank you received: 4

Replied by Lobizon on topic Re:ROBOTECH NEW GENERATION ORIGIN ART BOOK

Mospeada Complete Art Works Book Review by save

www.otaku2.com/articleView.php?item=459