Wheeled Combat Vehicles of the REF

• Brooklyn-Red-Leg
  • Brooklyn-Red-Leg's Avatar Topic Author
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Thank you received: 0

Wheeled Combat Vehicles of the REF was created by Brooklyn-Red-Leg

Ok,

someone managed to find a scan of artwork for Lunk's original Humvee which was the only missing wheeled vehicle from Mospeada that I could think of offhand (most of the rest are based on the ubiquitous Jeep). This thing is HUGE according to the lineart, much bigger than I would have originally thought.

Anyway, here they are, the 3 main wheeled vehicles of the REF in Robotech:

Last edit: 14 years 1 month ago by Brooklyn-Red-Leg.
14 years 1 month ago #9338

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• SIGHUP
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Admin this!
  • Thank you received: 32

Replied by SIGHUP on topic Re: Wheeled Combat Vehicles of the REF

Nice find. So there are two versions? One with six wheels and one with four?
--David Pena
SIGHUP
www.robotechx.com - a fandom based site | RIP Carl Macek (1951-2010)
14 years 1 month ago #9340

• Brooklyn-Red-Leg
  • Brooklyn-Red-Leg's Avatar Topic Author
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Veritech Fighter

Replied by Brooklyn-Red-Leg on topic Re: Wheeled Combat Vehicles of the REF

SIGHUP wrote:

Nice find. So there are two versions? One with six wheels and one with four?

No, its 3 different types of vehicles. The first one is definitely a Humvee-type in that it has a large cargo bay and is armed modestly (10-shot popup rocket-propelled grenade rack). The second is a utility truck that can accept a popup 6-shot rocket propelled grenade rack in place of the cargo bed and has a light machinegun mounted in the hood. The last one (only seen partially when driven by Gabby in Ghost Town right before he gets scragged) appears to be a purpose-built light combat vehicle w/beam cannon and what could be a concealed 6-shot rocket-propelled grenade rack where the cargo bed would be located.

1st vehicle: 6x6
2nd vehicle: 4x4
3rd vehicle: 6x6

They're also all wildly different sizes. The first one is the biggest while the second is more like a modern light truck in size while the third one is incredibly small (the driver/passenger cab is almost two-thirds of the vehicle's length).
14 years 1 month ago #9346

Replied by lil-mungus on topic Re: Wheeled Combat Vehicles of the REF

Those are awesome drawings. Great find! It looks like not too many here get as excited about Lunk's vehicles. With the seemingly thousands of drawings and versions of Valkries out there, I would think fans here would be more interested in something rarely profiled.

I have been searching for a while for some info like this. I have always been a fan of the obscure, utilitarian style military vehicles and this makes my day. Do you know where these came from? I am guessing a Japanese mag and/or the RPG books.
13 years 9 months ago #12725

• Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re: Wheeled Combat Vehicles of the REF

lil mungus wrote:

Those are awesome drawings. Great find! It looks like not too many here get as excited about Lunk's vehicles. With the seemingly thousands of drawings and versions of Valkries out there, I would think fans here would be more interested in something rarely profiled.

I have been searching for a while for some info like this. I have always been a fan of the obscure, utilitarian style military vehicles and this makes my day. Do you know where these came from? I am guessing a Japanese mag and/or the RPG books.

HEHEHE

YOU NOT THE ONLY ONE. LUNK, BEING MY FAVORITE CHARACTER AND BEING A MECHANIC, DRIVES AROUND IN A JEEP WHICH I USED TO DO IN THE ARMY. THANKS BROOK.

WE WILL BE ADDING THE LIGHT VEHICLES TO THE CODEX AS WELL. JUST LITTLE AT A TIME.
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
13 years 9 months ago #12726

Replied by lil-mungus on topic Re: Wheeled Combat Vehicles of the REF

Cool. Looking forward to that. Sounds like a lot of (fun) work.

I have been working on a little project regarding Lunk and his vehicle and these drawings have inspired me to step it up and get a little more technical.
13 years 9 months ago #12742

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re:Wheeled Combat Vehicles of the REF

BROOK HAS A GREAT COLLECTION OF IMAGES.

HOPE WE CAN HAVE AS MUCH INFO ON THAT AS WELL. AT LEAST IMAGES WOULD BE NICE. SOME IMAGES ARE UP IN THE URRG PAGE.
13 years 9 months ago #12744

Replied by Autobotdan on topic Re:Wheeled Combat Vehicles of the REF

This thread is now 'Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors'- Jayce and Lightning force join the REF. HaHa! Had to do this for some fun laughs..
13 years 9 months ago #12751

Replied by lil-mungus on topic Re:Wheeled Combat Vehicles of the REF

MEMO1DOMINION wrote:

BROOK HAS A GREAT COLLECTION OF IMAGES.

HOPE WE CAN HAVE AS MUCH INFO ON THAT AS WELL. AT LEAST IMAGES WOULD BE NICE. SOME IMAGES ARE UP IN THE URRG PAGE.

What, what, and what? Sorry a little new here so I don't quite know my way around.

Who is this Brook or where can I find these images? And what is URRG? Sounds like some kind of Charlie Brown exclamation. Any direct links, then maybe I can work backwards and explore.
Last edit: 13 years 9 months ago by lil-mungus.
13 years 9 months ago #12755

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re:Wheeled Combat Vehicles of the REF

@ AUTOBOTDAN :P

WHO IS BROOK? HE IS THE ONLY SOUTHERN CROSS FAN IN THE WORLD. AND ACTUALLY BELIEVES SOUTHERN CROSS IS TEH HEART OF ROBOTECH.

Brooklyn Red Leg = BROOK FOR SHORT. HE THE ONE WHO POSTED THE IMAGES ABOVE YOUR POST.

URRG (UNOFFICIAL ROBOTECH REFERENCE GUIDE)
www.xs4all.nl/~ptn/robotech.html

IN CASE YOU DON'T KNOW HOW TO NAVIGATE TRY THIS...

www.xs4all.nl/~ptn/Mecha/mecha.html

BROOK, WHILE ON TOPIC, YOU HAVE ANY MORE LINE ART? TRYING TO SEE IF I CAN GET A GOOD ANGLE FOR A CUT OUT.
Last edit: 13 years 9 months ago by MEMO1DOMINION.
13 years 9 months ago #12757

Time to create page: 0.395 seconds