Would you play a tabletop wargame based on Robotech?

• WilhelmRochRedDuke
  • WilhelmRochRedDuke's Avatar Topic Author
  • Micronian
  • Micronian
  • Thank you received: 0

Would you play a tabletop wargame based on Robotech? was created by WilhelmRochRedDuke

With Warhammer 40K, Warmachine, Battletech and several other game systems out there, would you consider playing a tabletop wargame with Valkyries, battle pods and lots of missiles.
I'm trying to get some interest going on a project I have.
12 years 7 months ago #17444

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re: Would you play a tabletop wargame based on Robotech?

SURE.

WHERE YOU LOCATED

HERE IN THE SOUTH CALI, LOS ANGELES, A WHILE BACK MALLS USED TO CATER TO SUCH THINGS. TABLES AND ALL.

I THINK HG WERE ACTUALLY LOOKING INTO MAKING SUCH GAMES AS WELL. DON'T KNOW WHAT HAPPENED TO THAT THOUGHT.
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
Last edit: 12 years 7 months ago by MEMO1DOMINION.
12 years 7 months ago #17446

• SIGHUP
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Admin this!
  • Thank you received: 32

Replied by SIGHUP on topic Re: Would you play a tabletop wargame based on Robotech?

I wouldn't. These types of games do not interest me only because they take so much time. But your I know there are many people who would be interested. Go on with your project. I'm sure there are those who can help.
--David Pena
SIGHUP
www.robotechx.com - a fandom based site | RIP Carl Macek (1951-2010)
12 years 7 months ago #17447

Replied by RaZoR-X on topic Re: Would you play a tabletop wargame based on Robotech?

well i dont know about Harmaony gold making a tabletop game but we had a great supersized tabletop game at RT 25!
maybe one day we can get some tabletop gamers together and i could set it up again! :)

Last edit: 12 years 7 months ago by RaZoR-X.
12 years 7 months ago #17451

Replied by RaZoR-X on topic Re: Would you play a tabletop wargame based on Robotech?

here are the teams...

we had a great time! the battle of macross island lasted about 2 hours. with the final victory going to the RDF. :)
12 years 7 months ago #17452

Replied by Phred on topic Re: Would you play a tabletop wargame based on Robotech?

That was a blast, hope we can play it again!
12 years 7 months ago #17461

• WilhelmRochRedDuke
  • Micronian
  • Micronian

Replied by WilhelmRochRedDuke on topic Re: Would you play a tabletop wargame based on Robotech?

That looks amazing, though I was thinking along the 1/144 or 1/150 scale not the 1/65 or bigger scales.. same size table though..
12 years 7 months ago #17474

• Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re: Would you play a tabletop wargame based on Robotech?

WilhelmRochRedDuke wrote:

That looks amazing, though I was thinking along the 1/144 or 1/150 scale not the 1/65 or bigger scales.. same size table though..

RIGHT THERE WITH YOU.

NICE FOR DISPLAY OR FOR HUGE ROOMS. CARING RAZOR'S DISPLAY AROUND CAN BE PRETTY HEAVY. SET UP AS WELL. BUT WOULD NOT MIND HUGE GAMES SOMEDAY LIKE THAT.

NOW FOR A MORE IDEAL SET UP WOULD BE NICE. EASY TO CARY AROUND AND DON'T TAKE UP MUCH ROOM.

IN THE OLD DAYS I USED TO PLAY WITH FRIENDS ON THE FOLD-ABLE PING PONG TABLES.
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
12 years 7 months ago #17480

Yea if harmony gold ever makes a miniature set of all the mecha that would be perfect! But until that day I'm willing to bring my 1/100- ho scale table to any Robotech gathering in southern California .
It was a lot of fun most of the rules we borrowed from war hammer 40k and stats from palladium .
But I streamed lined the gameplay to speed up the combat. I also designed it to be played with 2 or more players. So let me know if there are any players out there interested , just send me a pm. :)
12 years 7 months ago #17481

• WilhelmRochRedDuke
  • Micronian
  • Micronian

Replied by WilhelmRochRedDuke on topic Re: Would you play a tabletop wargame based on Robotech?

I have worked on a little project that I'm looking for interest in. This would be a tabletop miniatures game at around 1/144 to 1/150 scale. Please check out the blog I have set up for it. Please follow it and comment there. Currently I have a ruleset and I'm looking for playtesters. Eventually I'm looking to take the game further and Get licensing and a miniature line produced. I have several avenues set up to do miniatures.
robotechbattles.blogspot.com/
12 years 7 months ago #17482

Time to create page: 0.555 seconds