Lets Brag about our ROBOTECH Collections!

• blackconvoy_D01
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Thank you received: 0

Replied by blackconvoy_D01 on topic Re:Lets Brag about our ROBOTECH Collections!

Mark Warlock wrote:

BlackConvoy

Not bad at all... I mean if you give it a nice dark wash it will put some nice contrast on it like the rest of the booster... If you do it just right it will also darken up the paint over all and should blend in pretty nicely.

Though... One might consider that there could be some paint variation between the cannon and booster in reality considering they would have been built separately before being attached.

I am curious though.... What exactly didn't you like about how it turned out?

I went to many hobby stores in my area but couldnt find the right color to match the boosters on the appendix-a. I had to go to home depot and I found the matching color which was a midinght garden. However they could only give it to me in a semi gloss, and the paint they sold me was a paint specifically for walls. If you look closely at the pics, the color is almost right(which Im fine with). But the finish and paint type isnt a good match. Ill be traveling to NYC next week and Ill pick up something there that I know will be a better match.
My appreciation pics page:
www.flickr.com/photos/26350372@N04/
Last edit: 14 years 3 months ago by blackconvoy_D01.
14 years 3 months ago #9194

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Mark-Warlock
  • Mark-Warlock's Avatar Topic Author
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Writer

Replied by Mark-Warlock on topic Re:Lets Brag about our ROBOTECH Collections!

BlackConvoy

Well that's understandable... having the wrong type of paint can make a really big difference. One suggestion you may want to try is checking out EBay when you're local hobby shop doesn't have the color you need. I have found there are plenty colors on their to chose from and the price may just be cheaper then driving to NY.
A question that sometimes drives me hazy; am I or are the others crazy? - Albert Einstein

Find Mark Warlock now on Facebook.
14 years 2 months ago #9315

• Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re:Lets Brag about our ROBOTECH Collections!

AH.

GOOD TIP
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
Last edit: 14 years 2 months ago by MEMO1DOMINION.
14 years 2 months ago #9318

• blackconvoy_D01
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Veritech Fighter

Replied by blackconvoy_D01 on topic Re:Lets Brag about our ROBOTECH Collections!

I was going to NYC anyway to see my mom. I thought I couldve gotten the paint but I didnt have the time. I had only one day to myself out of the 5 days I spent with her, and the only thing(s) I was able to pick up were the Macross 1/100's series 4. The Macross Frontier VF-25F 1/60 I wanted for my kitbash project into the VF-2SS was WAY too expensive ($250). For that price, and the work I wouldve done to it, wouldve been a complete waste of money had it failed. Ill be getting the 1/100 VF-25F over the course of the next few weeks instead as I fould a site where I can get it and a 1/60 Tomahawk for a bit less than $200. Here are some pics of the VF-1s "Final Battle" Hikaru and VF-1A Cannon Fodder though. More to come over the week.

www.flickr.com/photos/26350372@N04/sets/72157623206729915/
14 years 2 months ago #9398

• Last_Valk_Standing
  • REF Member
  • REF Member
  • SDF-1 Shellback
  • Thank you received: 2

Replied by Last_Valk_Standing on topic Re:Lets Brag about our ROBOTECH Collections!

*sigh* i WISH i had anysort of collection to speak of.. Jealous...
Co-Commander, Vulture Flight 59th Combined Tactical Operations Group (Gamma Wing)

Member of AkL
Huge fan of Attention On Deck website.

Official Reporter for MNN (Macross News Network LOL)
14 years 2 months ago #9416

• Mark-Warlock
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Writer

Last_Valk_Standing wrote:

*sigh* i WISH i had anysort of collection to speak of.. Jealous...

It comes with time... I've been building my collections (plural) for the past 25 + years.. Everything from Robotech, to G.I. Joe, to Transformers, to Nascar....

I'll try to post some new pictures of some of my stuff..

I love my collection of Mac II monsters... I have 8 of them... well 7 in hand and the 8th is on its way. Two are the original Macross versions (loose with boxes) and I have 2 boxed and unopened (Matchbox & HG reissue) and the others are loose matchbox issue. I just can't seem to get enough of them... Its like every time I see one I almost always end up getting it.

I do need to find some replacement parts for two of them though...

Some of my Prized stuff are my Original Bristol boards from the Comico Comics... I really want to get them framed... but I don't have room for all of them on the walls in my "Collection room".
A question that sometimes drives me hazy; am I or are the others crazy? - Albert Einstein

Last edit: 14 years 2 months ago by Mark-Warlock.
14 years 2 months ago #9549

• blackconvoy_D01
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Veritech Fighter

I still have list that im working on as well

-Marucs Rush MPC Alpha/ Beta
-Toynami Battlepods(2)
-Yamato Tomahawk
-Macross Froniter VF-25F 1/100
14 years 2 months ago #9554

• Mark-Warlock
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Writer

blackconvoy_D01 wrote:

I still have list that im working on as well

-Marucs Rush MPC Alpha/ Beta
-Toynami Battlepods(2)
-Yamato Tomahawk
-Macross Froniter VF-25F 1/100

I'm looking forward to getting more of the MPC Alphas and Betas.. Of course I want to find some more of the old matchbox stuff... Sure would be nice to get some reissues of those items..

14 years 2 months ago #9555

• blackconvoy_D01
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Veritech Fighter

I was going to get a matchbox male power armor in the box for $30.00 in nyc, but then I would want a battlepod, and officer's pod that are way out of my sepnding range
14 years 2 months ago #9573

• Mark-Warlock
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Writer

blackconvoy_D01 wrote:

I was going to get a matchbox male power armor in the box for $30.00 in nyc, but then I would want a battlepod, and officer's pod that are way out of my sepnding range

eeerrr? (Gives BlackConvoy the RCA dog look)

Ummmm.... your gonna get a Yamato Tomahawk and the battle pod would be out of your price range? Matchbox battlepods loose are less then the Tomahawks.

14 years 2 months ago #9575

Time to create page: 0.605 seconds